Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6616 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

What is up with Rogue and Shadow King?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By boob

Everyone knows that Shadow King wants to take over Storm and/or make her his slave. But for me it seemed like the same kind of relationship between Emma and Kitty (but more extreme). With the Professor it was more of a bully who got beat by someone weaker (its Shadow King's thoughts, not mine), the same with Jean and Bettsy.   
      But with Rogue it is different he manipulated the people around her, but not her directly. Something that usually goes against his character. But why? 
      With Storm it makes sense, she can control the weather. But with Rogue, though strong, people have been immune to her touch. So what can he gain from having her?  

No Caption Provided
      Then there was their bathroom scene. Ummmmm peeping tom anyone? And why the hell did he let her kiss him. And not only that but he embraced her like a lover. Why would he do that? 
    No Caption Provided

In the past he has offered people great things, but the gifts were never with power. For Rogue he offered her to be his Queen. He even gives her his name. something that only people who have some type of love for the other (no matter how bazaar it is).  
    No Caption Provided
      So what are his true feelings of her? Does he have some sort of loving feelings towards her? What happened in the bathroom? is there a Shadow King Jr. running around the Marvel universe?How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? 
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By LoganRogue24

i think he wants to mate with her oh wait thats what i would do lol. that is a good question though wish i had a good answer.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By boob
    Watch your hands perv.
    Watch your hands perv.
    lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lykopis

It was all about having access to every person Rogue had ever absorbed -- more specifically, the X-Men and Professor Xavier. Creepy -- yes. Very. But he didn't see Rogue -- he saw the X-Men. So in having her, he had all of them. Bizarre, yes. And she wasn't the only person who knew his name -- Psylocke and -- gah -- I can't remember the name of the other female hero --- anywhoo -- they knew his name but the trauma of escaping/beating him made them forget.

Then there is the obvious answer. It's Rogue. Who wouldn't want to make her their queen?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By boob

@lykopis: When did he give Psylocke his name? I know he has teased her, and talked down to her as well. Why would he need to make Rogue his Queen in order to get her under his control? He made Valerie Cooper his slave and got all of her government benefits and did not have to have any kind of relationship with her. The same for many people. So why Rogue?

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lykopis

@boob said:

@lykopis: When did he give Psylocke his name? I know he has teased her, and talked down to her as well. Why would he need to make Rogue his Queen in order to get her under his control? He made Valerie Cooper his slave and got all of her government benefits and did not have to have any kind of relationship with her. The same for many people. So why Rogue?

Ah -- important distinction. Shadow King did not give Psylocke his name -- she discovered it.

I think the whole "Queen" thing was an attempt on the writer's part to give a Beauty and the Beast type feel to the story-line, not so much a requirement for him to get her under his control. Cooper becoming a slave to get her government benefits would make sense because what he got for her was finite whereas with Rogue it would be opposite. The Shadow King wanted Rogue not just for the people she had absorbed up until that point but also for what she could do for him in the future. So to have her his "Queen" would make it a permanent arrangement since the benefit of having a mutation like Rogue's at his disposal was ideal.

During that run, Rogue was presented as incredibly powerful so having her by his side would make sense, I suppose. It's all conjecture, obviously. Rogue had the whole "untouchable" thing going on too which in a sense -- he was "untouchable" himself in a sense.

Very cool thing to ponder over though.

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sandman813

When did this happen and what issues?

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By boob
    @sandman813: What part? The kissing one was during the Muir Island saga. The other two are from X-Treme X-men 2001
    sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By sandman813

The part about Rogue being the shadow Queen.

boob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By boob

X-treme X-men

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By sandman813

ok thanks.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Pyrogram

@LoganRogue24 said:

i think he wants to mate with her oh wait thats what i would do lol. that is a good question though wish i had a good answer.

Just, LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.