Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6624 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue Power Absorbation

ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ANGEL1993

Well, I'm just curious to know whether Rogue can absorb animal life as well as human life like if she touched a cat or a dog. Would she gain their fur, claws etc or would she just absorb their life force? 

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By sandman813
    @ANGEL1993 said:
    "Well, I'm just curious to know whether Rogue can absorb animal life as well as human life like if she touched a cat or a dog. Would she gain their fur, claws etc or would she just absorb their life force?  "

EEww I hope not.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator

Oh... have you asked this at other sites by chance? With writer's discretion up to various degrees, she probably can. She has absorbed Wolverine many times, and he is more dog than man really... I can't really think of any specific examples she has absorbed from animals, but she has had fur and claws before from like Beast and other type characters, also though  when Rogue broke Professor X's favorite Vase... 

No Caption Provided
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @SC: *snort* that is sooooooo funny! 

I thought she could absorb powers as a side effect from powered beings.  But otherwise she'd just absorb their life force (like with Cody during her first kiss) from non-powered beings.
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#5  Edited By MTHarman

Rogue's powers can't affect anything that is plant-life, animal, or anything else that hardly resembles a human, besides some alien beings. Her powers are temporary and she can only absorb abilities, powers, and memories. 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty:  I know its great right? Have you read Kate Beaton's Kraven story? If not I will PM it to you later, its only two pages. Its good.  

@MTHarman said:
    " Rogue's powers can't affect anything that is plant-life, animal, or anything else that hardly resembles a human, besides some alien beings. Her powers are temporary and she can only absorb abilities, powers, and memories.  "

Hmmmn, what about all those times she has absorbed humans, to acquire knowledge and skills? Like actual non powered humans? So far as suggested, its any characters with flesh no?
    MTHarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#7  Edited By MTHarman
    @SC:
    When I meant anything else that hardly resembles a human, I mean something like Man-thing for example, or anything else that doesn't look human. Humans are most effective with her powers, just didn't menation that. 

sorry to confuse you 
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @MTHarman:  Oh, well Rogue can absorb Thing, and Thor, I am not sure she wouldn't able to not absorb Man-Thing? She can't absorb Vision, or Wonder-man, because, android and because of his ionic state, his "skin" isn't really even skin, respectively.

Oh okay cool anyway, thank you for clarifying. ^_^
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @MTHarman said:

"Rogue's powers can't affect anything that is plant-life, animal, or anything else that hardly resembles a human, besides some alien beings. Her powers are temporary and she can only absorb abilities, powers, and memories.  "

Well, she reacts differently to different kinds of life forms.  That's why when she came into contact with Carol Danvers' half-human/half-kree DNA she permanently retained most of her invulnerability, flight & super strength.  For all we know, if a butterfly landed on her finger she could permanently turn into a half-insect/half-woman hybrid... but it's most liekly that the butterfly would've been drained dry & died instantly. 

Of course, it's all moot now that she can control her powers. 

@SC:  No, I haven't!  Where's it from?
    fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By fesak  Moderator

She's absorbed Magus in the past, who is techno-organic and barely resembles a human. 
    Actually i don't think there's any reason why she wouldn't be able to absorb an animal.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @SC:  No, I haven't!  Where's it from? "

Your one of the posters thats messages I do not get indicated on, I am not sure how that affects messages? Otherwise, I have sent you a link.  

It was in the Strange Tales anthology released a few weeks back. Her Kraven story might be better than her one Rogue one. Actually she did a Wolverine Cyclops Storm one too you might like... *goes in search* 

@fesak
    said:
    " She's absorbed Magus in the past, who is techno-organic and barely resembles a human.  Actually i don't think there's any reason why she wouldn't be able to absorb an animal. "

If we are taking nominations, I put forward the motion for a Liger.
    ANGEL1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By ANGEL1993
    @SC:  That comic strip is hilarious! 
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By Hazlenaut

All we know that are immune to the power are inorganic beings, or people that cover themselves like colossus titanium skin, or ice covering himself with ice in the movie.   This is the reason she struggles with her powers.  
    Cosmiccelest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hazlenaut: Colossus Organic Steel doesn't protect him against Rogue touch at all. That is only a movie thing. In the Comics she has done it multiple times.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Also Rogue keeping Carols powers permanently had nothing to do with her half Kree DNA. Rogue held onto Ms. Marvel to long. Rogue can maintain abilities for hours with the slightest touch. So if she holds onto someone for like 30 Seconds or more they will become permanent. She only held onto Ms.marvel for like 30 Seconds max. However long it takes you to read that sentence.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Also she eventually does become strong enough to absorb WonderMan.

No Caption Provided

She also absorbed the Hetacomb which was nothing more the Psi-Energy and technology.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

So she can absorbed any living thing or any living Energy.

Xelossik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rogue was also able to absorb Selene(vampir) and Thor(god) powers.

rogue1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rogue1812

@angel1993 said:

Well, I'm just curious to know whether Rogue can absorb animal life as well as human life like if she touched a cat or a dog. Would she gain their fur, claws etc or would she just absorb their life force?

Well as long as it is organic energy, she can, she has absorbed different races of aliens, gods, characters with powers and cosmic level, demons, and the recent exceptions ghosts, and beings in astral form without physical body.

Before she was only limited to organic beings and could not absorb characters with powers based on technologies, but in recent years her powers have increased, and many exceptions have been given, for example she has absorbed people in astral forms (without physical body ) and has absorbed powers that are based on technology, at least there have been some exceptions from this, such as the powers of Wonderman (which does not have an organic body really, but of pure energy) and the former was immune to his touch, no longer , and she absorbed the powers of the childrens of the vault, that their powers come from technology, they are not natural.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.