Follow

Rogue

Character » Rogue appears in 6611 issues.

The adopted daughter of Mystique, Rogue was once a member of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. Now reformed, Rogue has become a veteran member of the X-Men.

Rogue & Magneto?

• 129 results
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By leigh_rogue888

I just saw that new pic of Rogue and Magneto, couldn't get it over here but I was wondering whats everyone's opinion on if marvel will try and pair her up with him again or will Rogue try and make it work out with Remy. Although Remy seems to be having his own troubles (with the leftover Horsemen of Death thing).

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

I think it's just a cover.  Adi Granov's been doing a lot of cover work for Marvel, while the interior art doesn't compare.  It's been about 2 decades since there was an 'almost' relationship between them in the mainstream Earth-616 universe.  I can't say I'm that bothered about them as a couple... would rather she just shag Gambit & be done with it ;) 

X-Men: Legacy #232
    X-Men: Legacy #232
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By leigh_rogue888

I agree it might be just a cover the little description with the preview hints that she is going somewhere else on a mission. But with this being a pivotal point in Rogue's life and telling Gambit she needs time...I am a little suspicious with them have a past.  We thought Cyclops would be with Jean forever at one point maybe they are going to put one other big change.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Pania

Yeah, given that in Legacy #223, Rogue had a hallucination/memory in which she went back to the Savage Land and she and Magneto looked at each other and said, 'It wouldn't have worked", and when asked about this cover and the 'ship on his facebook page, Carey said: 

>>>" I don't want to talk too much about the relationship beats, guys, but I can promise no love triangles. Love octohedrons, though, that's different..."<<< 

And in his repeated attempts to shove that relationship down the readers' throats Lobdell turned Rogue into a co-dependant train wreck that Carey only just rehabilitated her from, 
    I suspect this is just an homage/red herring. 

So it's doubtful this means anything. 

Even if it does, I trust Carey. He has done a great job with both characters, so I'm in a "wait and see" mode.

As to my opinion of the fanfic wannabe 'ship itself, as it stands, that can be summed up in a "No", "Gawd, no.' and "Hell, no!" 

There is no past between them, only that single little moment o'lust in Uncanny X-Men #274. That's it. Claremont never meant for them to be a 'ship (he has even said so when asked) . They never even exchanged words in Uncanny while they were living in the same house when Magneto was Headmaster of the New Mutants. Claremont even closed the door on it in X-Men Vol. 2 #2 when Magneto treated Rogue just like the other X-Men and brainwashed her with everyone else. (He was more concerned about Charles and Moira than he was about Rogue.) The problem is Lobdell latched onto it and tried blow it up into this huge thing it never should have been that ended up trashing both characters. Joseph was Magneto with his spine ripped out that had to be retconned offstage, and I've already mentioned how much Rogue was damaged by it.  She kept throwing herself at Magneto over and over. His attitude was "Look, you're a cute kid, but get out of my way." The more he turned her down, the more attached she became to the idea of them being together until it actually got rather pathetic. 

And it still did not work.

That is because pairing just does not work on multiple levels. It's like the "Cameron/House" 'ship. Yes, a little physical chemistry, but they are so different there is no way a relationship could get off the ground. Not only do the two characters have absolutely nothing in common beyond both being mutants (I mean really, what would they talk about? Can you imagine a casual dinner conversation between the two of them?) but for Magneto to be in a relationship that is believable, he has to be with someone who is strong enough and wise enough to deal with someone who is as emotionally volatile as he, with out being cowed by him or reacting in a way that makes him more emotionally volatile. Someon who is strong enough to love him without falling into his shadow.

Someone like Storm is much better equipped to deal with someone like Magnus than Rogue is. Storm and Magneto are not interested in each other, never have been, but but for a 'ship involving him to be believable  it needs to be someone on that level.

Foreverbbyily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Foreverbbyily

Idk but i loved her with remy they made the pefect couple just like emma and scott :)
    LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LoganRogue24

Rogue should hook up with Wolvie in my opion never liked her with Gambit or Magneto.
    Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Gene_Pool

I love Rogue and Gambit, but it's gotten boring now. Since the comic universe is ongoing, things need to be shook up once in a while. Pairing Rogue and Magneto would be a nice way to do it, IMO, if the writers actually put time and effort into it.  

Just think to waaaay back when, if there had been hints of Scott/Emma.... everyone would've been like "No," "Gawd, no," and (from the Jean/Scott fans) "Hell no!"  :) 
    And look at the couple now. People love them.  

It can happen, with time and good writers.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Pania
    @Gene_Pool said:

"I love Rogue and Gambit, but it's gotten boring now. Since the comic universe is ongoing, things need to be shook up once in a while. Pairing Rogue and Magneto would be a nice way to do it, IMO, if the writers actually put time and effort into it.   Just think to waaaay back when, if there had been hints of Scott/Emma.... everyone would've been like "No," "Gawd, no," and (from the Jean/Scott fans) "Hell no!"  :) And look at the couple now. People love them.   It can happen, with time and good writers. "

Writers already did put time and effort into it, all through the 1990's. It's was awful.
    _Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By _Sojourn_

wonderful cover...like the idea
    Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Roguegirl

the cover is cool..but i dont think that it has to do with the story...and let's let maneto's and rogue's story behind..i like magneto but not for rogue..

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By leigh_rogue888

There s the fact that Rogue can never really believe Magneto's dream but with Cyclops doing the repeat of Astroid M off the coast of San Francisco she is there isn't she.  The little description to the story wood say that there's in no romance going to happen between the two.  There is hints of Gambit getting unstable and itching on the island, I just don't know what to expect and its driving me crazy.  If its not Magneto and not Gambit, I don't know who wood be a better partner for her, not Wolverine though he has his own problems now. I have always loved Rogue and Gambit, I just hope the two of them can be together and have a "normal" relationship together, well as normal as anyone X-men can get.

Avatar image for kneel_before_doom
    kneel before doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, Magneto can tap her.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By leigh_rogue888

She can tap whoever she wants now.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By pixelized
    @Pania said:
    " Someone like Storm is much better equipped to deal with someone like Magnus than Rogue is. Storm and Magneto are not interested in each other, never have been, but but for a 'ship involving him to be believable  it needs to be someone on that level. "
    i love that you threw that out there.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By AngelFrost

WOW!

What a hot couplee.

leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By leigh_rogue888

It would be interesting to see but those are both really strong personalities. Plus Storm is busy with T'Challa in Wakanda and trying to be an X-man, I don't see them getting together anytime soon if it could happen.

Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Roguegirl
    @pixelized:
    more arguments pleaseee
    Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gene_Pool

A major complaint about Rogue's character is her emotional weakness. She's always upset about something, she's always heart-broken over Remy. Rogue is rarely happy nowadays.  

Perhaps they could strengthen her character by pairing her with Magneto. He might be just what she needs to get over Remy and accept that life isn't easy or fair. Rogue might learn to toughen up and get over herself (as so many wish she would) by spending time with Magneto. And not just a little stint in the Savage Lands where it turns out Magneto was up to no good. And Joseph shouldn't count.  

Rogue could possibly be good for Magneto too. When ever he goes off the deep end, she could use her powers to keep him in check, or at least try. Though that would be no fun, cuz then we wouldnt get any villainous/anti-hero appearances from him.  

Maybe she should just switch over her allegiances to him and vow to fight for mutant-kind. She's more useful on the "bad" side anyway.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Pania

Putting a codependent person in another relationship is not "strengthening" them.  They just end up repeating the pattern with another person.

And physical violence between couples is never conducive to a good relaitonship.

Rogue is supposedly better now, having sorting things out in her head in legacy, but she and Magneto are *not* a good match. Magneto is and incredibly overbearing personality who is still extremely emotionally damaged, he is incapable of relating to his own children on an emotional level. And he is still hung up on his wife that he lost at least over 40 years ago, and he has major rage issues, a power induced bi-polar disorder, and PTSD, and reacts murderously to attempt to control him (look what he did to Pietro in House of M, that was not the first time he has reacted violently to being manipulated).

Rogue is not up to dealing with that. 

And again, can people really see these two characters just hanging out togther, talking about whatever? Just a casual conversation about movies and music and general stuff? Just enjoying each others company like couples do?

@pixelized said:

" @Pania said:

" Someone like Storm is much better equipped to deal with someone like Magnus than Rogue is. Storm and Magneto are not interested in each other, never have been, but but for a 'ship involving him to be believable  it needs to be someone on that level. "
    i love that you threw that out there. "

Well, I honestly do not have a problem with either character being in a relaitonship, i just would like to see them in relationships I can find believable. Like Warren and Betsy. You read that, you got it. Storm and Forge, again that was a believe relationship. Magneto-Rogue? WTH? I'm reading a story about people with superpowers, my suspension of disbelief does not need further strain. ;-)
    Gene_Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gene_Pool

Rogue can again change into a strong woman who can deal with Magneto. Of course, she'd lose fans who loved her for her emotional personality. But again look at Scott, and how much his character has changed over the years. Especially now that he's hooked up with Emma. If goody-goody Scott can have a relationship with a badass former-villainess like Emma Frost, then surely Rogue can have a character change and be a suitable partner for Magneto? Until writers get bored and break them up.  

Then again, I just like the idea of a neutral/sometimes-villain Rogue who uses her powers to "help mutantkind." Kind of like how she did in the Brotherhood working for Mystique, but stronger and fully accepting of her decisions. Just bored of good hero X-man Rogue. I wanna see her switch sides. Like Magneto so often does.  :)
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Sorry I have to disagree I don't really want to see Rogue turn bad. BUT I have to admit that it is a possiblity due to her being a bad guy before she absorbed a bunch of different personalities.  Maybe when she absorbed the good guys personalities she absorbed the want to be good.  I have seen it in some of her history description history, it doesn't seem so far fetched, I just hope it doesn't happen. I like her as good guy and I want to see where they take her now that the powers are under control whether it is towards Magneto, Gambit, or wherever.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Pania
    @Gene_Pool : If you have to completely alter a character to put them into a relationship, A. it automatically weakens the character because you make her as changeable as the wind for romantic purposes. How can you take a real person like that seriously, much less a comic book character? And B. it is a BIG statement that the relationship does not really work/ is not plausible. They already tried completely altering one of them to try to make this 'ship sail: Magneto became Joseph. 

Still did not work.  

And again can you really see the two of them just hanging out like couples do? 

Rogue has already faced her "I was a bad guy once, am I meant to be a bad guy or a good guy" demons waaaay back in the day in Uncanny #185 . She's had the extra personalities washed out fo her a couple times now, she's still been a Hero.
    leigh_rogue888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By leigh_rogue888

Question then I know in X-treme X-men her powers disappeared but she wasn't wiped completely clean, like when Hope cleaned her up. Her powers are gone (and on several different other occasions too) but I am willing to bet the memories are still there. I am still collecting but what happened in Uncanny #185?  As we saw in Legacy Xavier took out the very first personality that screwed up her powers, Cody.  So she was never completely clean....

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pania

Yeah, but passing through Siege Perilous took out the Carol Danvers personae which would have been the strongest influence in Rogue being a hero (none of the other personalities were mentioned, but I assume if Carol was gone they would be gone they would be wiped out as well) , and Rogue still was a hero.

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By gambit18

I do not love emma scott, for me. will always steals husbands.

Magnus rogue could be interesting, but its truths will always love remy,  if they come together  ... only be temporary. 

addition, another recent rogue data is increasing their mutant powers, if before I felt the most powerful  x -woman, now God knows that will come with age.  yes, I know this has nothing to do, but I wanted to mention lol

Gambit / Rgue  are the best

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And again, can people really see these two characters just hanging out togther, talking about whatever? Just a casual conversation about movies and music and general stuff? Just enjoying each others company like couples do?

If rogue is a very intelligent woman, besides funny, and powerful ...

but it is only by answer,

magneto and rogue, not

gambit and rogue, perfect 
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AngelFrost

Magneto and Rogue should be together!
    I'm sick of all the Remy/Rogue drama, it just gets soo boring! 

Bring on a fresh romance!

gambit18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gambit18

Fresh with magneto?  I think not,   I'd rather see her with sam.  

But not,  her and remy  are made for each other .

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH you must be kidding !!!!! Magneto could be her grandpa !!!

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Which is why it's so good!   and age is just a number anyway! lol
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @AngelFrost: lol but I still think that rogue and magneto don´t fit to each other.
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Lol, well anyone is better than her and Remy, it's gotten sooo boring now.
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

you are right but its just a true that they are togther beee a sooo cute couple

Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Calix

Don't_quiet_know_but_i_think_that_cover_has_more_to_do_with_Magnus_&_Rogue's_role_in_that_of_the_X-kids_as_oppose_to_his_and_Rogue's_personal_relationship.

I_think_Rogue's_currently_at_the_place_where_she_could_handle_working_along_Magnus,_while_still_remain_alert_of_his_moves._
    I_don't_want_to_exclude_a_relationship_thou_if_for_no_other_reason_than_Crystal's_and_Ronan's_marriage_seems_to_work_well_and_I_was_apprehensive_of_that_one.

I_just_am_so_over_Gambit/Rogue

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Pania
    @Calix: Space bar died?

Went through that last week...
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Calix
    @Pania: Yeah!_Thursday!!!

The_new_Comp_is_arriving_next_week._but_this_weeks_comics_were_too_good_to_forgo_checking_in_with_you_guys.
    Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pania
    @Calix: *chuckle* I feel ya. Did the exact same thing last week when my cat dumped a glass of juice on my keyboard. Not only was I using dashes, but I was cutting and pasting letters and words to replace the middle row of characters. 

Oh, the extremes our fandom takes us to...

Glad you are getting a new PC soon. :)
    Calix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Calix
    @Pania: Exactly._LOL.
    Roguegirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Roguegirl
    @AngelFrost said:
    " @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Lol, well anyone is better than her and Remy, it's gotten sooo boring now. "
    why to distroy something like rogue and remy's relationship...it's very popular among other important marvel couples
    Degobunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Degobunny

Gambit and Rogue have become painful for me to watch. I think Rogue/magneto is like trying to beat a dead horse. Wolverine is okay with Rogue but why must he hook up with every female in the Marvel universe. Best case scenerio Rogue ends up with Iceman. I do not care about the mystique connection at this point. Iceman and Rogue have proven in the Ultimate universe to be a good couple. They are already good friends in the regular universe, so i say take it to the next level.

AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Silly you :P   I for one think they would be a good,  the perfect Marvel Power Couple. ^^
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @AngelFrost: No sry I don`t think so :P
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Boo you :P
    Avatar image for crimsonspider89
    crimsonspider89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43  Edited By crimsonspider89

What people are forgetting is that Rogue and Mags are a couple in the AoA universe. And a pretty good one at that. Heck, she nearly chose a younger Magneto clone over Remy with Joseph.  

Will most likely happen though with the way writers have been hinting.

BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw

@AngelFrost: Boo you ! :)

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By warlock360
    @BoOMbOoMpOw said:
    " AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH you must be kidding !!!!! Magneto could be her grandpa !!! "
    seriously, a long time ago i made a thread on marvel.com about that topic and asked the girls, they saw it as a turn on O.o
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @Voidheart: eww a turn on ?
    warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By warlock360
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AngelFrost
    @Voidheart said:
    " @BoOMbOoMpOw said:
    " AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH you must be kidding !!!!! Magneto could be her grandpa !!! "
    seriously, a long time ago i made a thread on marvel.com about that topic and asked the girls, they saw it as a turn on O.o "
    Yep, it's definately a turn on for me.  :3
    Older men ... yummy.
    BoOMbOoMpOw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BoOMbOoMpOw
    @Voidheart: There`s a girl that means he`s somking hot O.o bähhh  
    @AngelFrost: hahaha older men yummy you`re kidding right O-O ?
    AngelFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AngelFrost
    @BoOMbOoMpOw:  Older men, yes. But not as old as Magneto .... but anyway, Him and Rogue would make a nice couple. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.