gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
This video has an invalid file format.
00:00:00
Sorry, but you can't access this content!
Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Great interview! Good times for Valiant are a coming

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 456

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Keep an eye out for the Book of Death: Legends of the Geomancer retailer incentive exclusive mini-series that starts tomorrow (print comic book stores only), the preview was excellent. Stores have to order 25 copies of Book of Death to get just one copy of Legends of the Geomancer so it will probably be tough to track down if you don't get it quick.

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Eternal Warrior will be crazy

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Eternal Optimist - hopefully it'll be as exciting thus long-running as X-O!

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Unfortunately there's only two guys reading Valiant at my LCS. I would love to get my hands on Legends of the Geomancer and will probably have to pay a very high price... unless they decide to put the stories in a trade eventually.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: hopefully, ebay is averaging $30-50 right now for it, there are three auctions for it ranging from $6-15 that you should probably start watching just in case before people start scrambling.

I also know of two online retailers selling copies for $3.99 if you want links, they probably have enough copies to last a max of two days.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Well that kind of price range was to be expected. Those auctions will end up around the same amount, too. Even worse, these four issues will not be collected. Valiant announced this, just like they're not collecting any of the extra material of their "Plus" editions. Waiting for the trade is more like wishful thinking. This means, I will have to get the individual issues but being in Europe doesn't help either. I may need to wait and eventually get them all at once... saving a few bucks on P&P. Dang, I'm screwed! (And I hate Valiant for doing this to me!)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: you'd have better luck finding them at a convention after they are all out

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Not over here in Europe especially not in Germany. Conventions here are pretty much localized - German comics and translations only, the latter mostly being translations of other European comics. It's really difficult to find US comics on conventions here and the only Valiant comics would be Prince Valiant. I didn't even know how huge German/European comics were before going to a convention here. -- Of course it's not a big deal to order and get US comics at comic shops around here. Ironically, at one of my shops the price is even below the cover price. For instance, for a $3.99 comic I usually pay EUR 3.20 ($3.52). Crazy, huh?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: well the Euro is stronger then the dollar right now :P

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Doesn't change the fact that EUR 3.20 are $3.52 only which is what I pay for a $3.99 comic book. There are two more comic book stores in the vicinity - one is selling for the actual exchange rate (EUR 3.65) and the other one is simply selling for the same amount (EUR 3.99 for a $3.99 book).

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: sounds like that second one sucks, they probably got the best stuff though

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: They have the biggest collection of 80/90s comics and sell them for 50c which is pretty cool. Back in April when I had decided to finally collect "all" the 90s Valiant books that shop was a great help to get started.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@pikahyper: That might have been why I didn't see it at my shop.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: ya I don't expect many shops to be ordering the mass quantities needed, if it was 1:5 or 1:10 I could see it but 1:25 and doing it for all four issues of Book of Death is a big commitment for stores these days, especially for a book that isn't from the big two. I can't see many stores ordering more then 50 copies of each issue of Book of Death so that will be a big auto-mark-up if the store employees don't get them first. The only hope is going through large online retailers like Mile High, Hastings, Midtown, etc. and on checking Mile High is at $40 right now, best deal I see online now is $30 plus shipping and that will probably double before the next issue comes out :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@pikahyper: I'm not willing to pay that much for one issue.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pikahyper  Moderator

@xwraith: Surprisingly a lot are, Valiant fans are devoted and tend to have a lot of disposable income.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

@pikahyper: Whereas I am a little less devoted than a lot of other Valiant fans (I'm only following Bloodshot and Ninjak), and don't have much money to spare.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.