Follow

Rob Liefeld

Person » Rob Liefeld is credited in 1001 issues.

Rob Liefeld is a successful, but controversial artist. A penciler and writer who rose to record-breaking success in the 1990's with titles such as The New Mutants, X-Force, and Youngblood.

Rob liefield Has The Talent To Improve His Art So Why Not

Avatar image for slacker_the_hacker
    slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I mean the guy has talent just needs like a 2 years improvement to work out his flaws
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By sexy_merc

2 years, lol.

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
    "

2 years, lol.

"

its true most things that are wrong with his art is disfigured objects and people if he could learn to draw feet and smaller muscles and guns but has for his stories...................they kinda suck alot
    sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By sexy_merc

The man's 43-years-old and has been drawing comic books professionally for over 20 years (self-taught).

Nothing's gonna change and I doubt he sees any flaws in his work, and obviously, neither do the publishers he submits art for.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

It's a style that he likes and some people like - don't ask me why. I hate Skottie Young but he's the one getting paid....

slacker the hacker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Sexy Merc said:
    "

The man's 43-years-old and has been drawing comic books professionally for over 20 years (self-taught).

Nothing's gonna change and I doubt he sees any flaws in his work, and obviously, neither do the publishers he submits art for.

"

90s still suck (Spawn and 90s Lobo being my exception)
    vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @JediXMan said:
    " It's a style that he likes and some people like - don't ask me why. I hate Skottie Young but he's the one getting paid.... "
    The difference between Skottie and Leifeld is Skottie is actually good enough of an artist to STYLIZE his work,he knows anatomy and the fundamentals of drawing.Leifeld's work sucks because he doesn't know the basics.He struggles drawing certain body parts so he hides them in impossible poses and behind objects and other characters.He adds alot of unnecessary lines and accessories to characters too to hide his lack of knowledge of human anatomy.
    soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By soundbite

I think he knows the basics, but he's still getting paid so why would he feel the need to improve?  Not everyone is on a quest to better themselves and hone their crafts.  I never understood why so many people are bothered by Rob Liefeld's drawing like it's the source of all problems in their personal lives.
    Avatar image for playdohsrepublic
    playdohsrepublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By playdohsrepublic

Rob Liefeld is an unethical hack who basically traces what he can't draw. People don't like that he was so huge.  
    @soundbite
    said:

" I think he knows the basics, but he's still getting paid so why would he feel the need to improve?  Not everyone is on a quest to better themselves and hone their crafts. "
    It's because he is a professional, and a high profile one at that. He lowers the bar for the art form.
    CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CosmicSpiral
    @playdohsrepublic said:
    " Rob Liefeld is an unethical hack who basically traces what he can't draw. People don't like that he was so huge. 
    Hey, reserve the hate for Greg Land. 
    soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By soundbite
    @playdohsrepublic said:
    "Rob Liefeld is an unethical hack who basically traces what he can't draw. People don't like that he was so huge.  
    @soundbite
    said:
    " I think he knows the basics, but he's still getting paid so why would he feel the need to improve?  Not everyone is on a quest to better themselves and hone their crafts. "
    It's because he is a professional, and a high profile one at that. He lowers the bar for the art form. "

You didn't answer my question.  I ask why would he, not why should he.  I also know all of the ins and outs of Rob Liefeld and what problems he has.  I just don't understand how it concerns you or anyone else.  You don't like Liefeld, then don't buy his comics.  I don't agree with certain actors getting high profile movies or even oscars, but at the end of the day it affects my life not one iota so there's no hatred or a deep seething loathing for any of them.  I guess I simply should have asked..."why so serious?"
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

He's not the best, he's pretty far from it actually, but he does have talent and fans.  Maybe he could improve; maybe he doesn't want to.
    Avatar image for playdohsrepublic
    playdohsrepublic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By playdohsrepublic
    @soundbite said:
    " @playdohsrepublic said:
    "Rob Liefeld is an unethical hack who basically traces what he can't draw. People don't like that he was so huge.  
    @soundbite
    said:
    It's because he is a professional, and a high profile one at that. He lowers the bar for the art form. "

You didn't answer my question.  I ask why would he, not why should he.  I also know all of the ins and outs of Rob Liefeld and what problems he has.  I just don't understand how it concerns you or anyone else.  You don't like Liefeld, then don't buy his comics.  I don't agree with certain actors getting high profile movies or even oscars, but at the end of the day it affects my life not one iota so there's no hatred or a deep seething loathing for any of them.  I guess I simply should have asked..."why so serious?" "
    You're right, I can't answer why he would or wouldn't. Only he can. I can only give reasons why he should. I wouldn't say it affects my life but I can say that as long as he pencils a book that's one less book I'm going to buy that I might have otherwise. But seeing as he mostly does creator-owned stuff these days I couldn't care less. 
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gravitypress

Sadly he started out better than he is now. He wasn't great but better.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.