Follow

Rob Liefeld

Person » Rob Liefeld is credited in 1001 issues.

Rob Liefeld is a successful, but controversial artist. A penciler and writer who rose to record-breaking success in the 1990's with titles such as The New Mutants, X-Force, and Youngblood.

Rob Liefeld: Titans Fan

Avatar image for amp___seeker_of_lost_knowledge
    AMP - Seeker of Lost Knowledge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 14

Stop me if you already heard this one. Rob Liefeld, famous comic book artist/writer for Marvel's X-Force and Image's Youngblood and currently on Hawk & Dove for DC's New 52, was once a TITANS FAN. When he was a kid he was a fan of both X-Men and Teen Titans, and eventually wound up working at his dream job at Marvel with X-Men related items. At some point between the 1980's and 1990's he had an idea called Team Titans OR Titans Force, but they never happened until he and a few other writers and artists defected from Marvel and formed Image. Liefeld then took his ideas for his Titans project and turned them into what is now Youngblood.

~Connection:

Speedy/Arsenal = Shaft

Joker's Daughter's/Harlequin = Vogue (a new costume design)

Combat & Photon = the Legion of Super Heroes

Die Hard = a Star Labs android

Chapel = unknown

Anyway...with Scott Lobdell on his Teen Titans series and discovering Liefeld's interest on Titans, I'm curious if he could work on the Teen Titans as either it's artist or writer...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By ReVamp

Yeah, this is a little known fact. I don't want him anywhere the titans though.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I love Liefeld and wouldn't mind if he did the Titans to be honest...yes...I said it...

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

NO

Liefield has actually worked on the Titans before. It was HORRIBLE.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Mercy_

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

I love Liefeld

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@The Dark Huntress: If memory serves, I believe we've had this discussion before, lol.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

@RedheadedAtrocitus: Two or three times at this point, I believe ;p It still never fails to take me by surprise lol.

Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Jotham

No, I don't think that's a good idea.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By CATPANEXE

I would know. He said outright he thought Deathstroke was awesome and based Deadpool off him. Yes, I'm defending him on this then, as he gets accused of ripping off the character. It's hard to say someone is ripping something off when they're not hiding the fact and did it as a form of flattery, much as James O' Barr was happy and supported the wrestler known as Stings tribute to his character The Crow in quote. I actually stand on his side about a few things, but I'm not on his side about a few of his reactions. In fact I'm smitten with him today, but that's a rant I'm actually typing for a different thread. Do I think he should be working on it now? No, and simply because he and his style doesn't fit what DC is currently doing with the New 52 project (odd I know as he was attached to the Jim Lee Heroes Reborn project that it mirrors, but that happens to also be the thing I'm cranky about today).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Outside_85

Short of Henderson returning to co-write TT with Lobdell; I cant really think of anything worse that could befall the title at this stage.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.