Riddler's Puzzle Site: Salesmanship

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

I was thinking the other day that since one of Batman's most pronounced enemies is the terrifying Scarecrow, and since Batman tackles the criminally insane, that fear is an important theme in the world of Gotham.

Well, the Joker is scary perhaps because he thinks evil is somehow amusing. The Penguin is scary because his behaviour and decision-making seem to resemble those of a crude animal.

However, the Riddler is scary in a very unique way, since, of course, he seems to believe that crime is a game of uncertainty.

While the Mad Hatter is also a Batman nemesis who believes that crime/sin/evil is an analytics contest, the Riddler specifically treats mischief/mayhem as an expression of confusion.

How much do policemen/detectives respect the notion that criminality can be confounding and that criminals can be confusing? The Riddler seems to make this message his mission.

That's why I like comparing the DC's Riddler to Marvel's Jigsaw and Doctor Doom, villains who typify criminality intrigue.

This thread is therefore a nod to the storylines, multimedia, and images/artwork that highlight the Riddler's religion.

Riddler Puzzle Site

No Caption Provided

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Abishai100

Classicist Cuneiform

The Riddler offers the comic book universe something rather rare --- imaginarium-friendly detective work.

Only a handful of comic book super-villains offer the same window into evil: e.g., Toyman, Dr. Wily, and Jigsaw.

I feel excited about industry chatter such as, "Michael Bay will make a new Batman film and is casting Haley Joel Osment as the Riddler!" when I think about how the Riddler inspires cut-and-paste comic book art.

Maze of the Minotaur

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.