Comic Vine Review

50 Comments

IvX #1

4

The tension has been building between the Inhumans and mutants. A battle is about to explode across the Marvel Universe.

A conflict between the X-Men and Inhumans has been brewing for some time now. With the release of the Terrigen Mists in the atmosphere, mutants discovered it was a deadly threat to their existence. We just saw the moment this was discovered in Death of X and Beast's decision to work with the Inhumans to find a solution. The truce between the two is over as mutants are now facing a firm deadline.

The X-Men have been busy running around helping other mutants evade the deadly mists. With the threat of the mists reaching an unavoidable level, it's time for mutants to make a last stand.

Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire have crafted reason for the X-Men to declare war on the Inhumans. We've seen skirmishes before, and it's hard not to think about past battles such as Avengers vs. X-Men and even Fantastic Four vs. X-Men. The situation here is at a higher level. All the cards are on the table, and it's not looking too good for the X-Men. It turns out they've been planning a strike since Death of X. Seeing the decisions play out and some of the first strikes makes this an intriguing issue.

It's always a joy to see art by Leinil Francis Yu. The fact that there's a lot of characters he gets to draw here is an added bonus. Unfortunately, there are some panels that look like they're inked a little heavily. There are some dark and almost muddled moments. It does still work for the most part. Combined with David Curiel's colors, the look does fit the tone of the book. This isn't an upbeat story, and the moments with shadows adds to the ominous vibe.

Readers have had some concern over the fate of the X-Men. Things continue to look bleak, but Soule and Lemire are making sure the mutants don't go down without a fight. While past events with teams fighting each other have been heavy on the flashy action, the fight here is more subtle and precise. Yu's art shines at moments and gives us something to look forward to in upcoming issues. There is some trepidation among X-Men fans, but we know the ResurrXion titles are coming next year. This is a story you won't want to miss to find out what happens next for both groups.

50 Comments

Avatar image for yankeefan91
Posted By yankeefan91

I can't stand the Inhumans and I really don't care all that much about the X-Men right now after how poorly Marvel has treated them for years so I definitely won't be getting this, but I'll read it when it goes on Marvel Unlimited because I love Leinil Francis Yu's art.

Avatar image for gmanfromheck
Edited By gmanfromheck

@yankeefan91: This is a good X-Men issue. But I can't help but worry they'll try to balance things for both teams. Let each get in their fair share of blows.

Avatar image for bl00dwerk
Posted By Bl00dwerK

Looks like I picked a good week to get my books shipped, @gmanfromheck. I'm diggin' IvX so far...

Avatar image for adamtrmm
Posted By adamTRMM

How badly the X-men will be jobbed eventually? Betting time! And you can't lose right here since the answer is obvious.

Inhumans are so utterly outclassed actually, but stories are never based on power levels right? It's about who the writer favors...

Avatar image for lvenger
Posted By Lvenger

@adamtrmm: X-Men are doing well so far. I mean they took out Black Bolt with Dazzler. A freaking D list hero neutralised Bolt.

Avatar image for kiba
Posted By kiba
Avatar image for lvenger
Edited By Lvenger

@kiba: She absorbed Bolt's voice and converted it into light energy. Dazzler's power is to convert sound into light.

Avatar image for mark_stephen
Edited By Mark_Stephen

I'd like to care about this but the conflict is just so phony I can't take it seriously. It's a cloud, a mist. Storm can blow it in any direction she wants. Besides hasn't marvel done enough of hero/hero fighting? The super villains must be in some sort of retirement home by now.

Avatar image for adamtrmm
Edited By adamTRMM

@lvenger:

At least this D-lister had her own solo unlike Bolt :p

All in all, it was a pretty interesting and logical development, though I really wanted it to be Magneto vs. BB for obvious reasons. Maybe it will happen eventually. Though I don't really believe in Soule/Lemire tandem's ability to write a good battle from what I've consistently seen from either of them. Especially Soule. I'm still not over that nonsense he pulled with Gardner and Atrocitus...

I think they gave X-men this little win because they don't want to antagonize the more significant part of the buyers, because let's face it, there are not many inhumans fans and considering how big the victim complex among the X-folks is (after AvX and Axis - rightfully so), that was admittedly a brilliant move on their behalf.

Avatar image for masterofevil
Posted By MasterOfEvil

Anyone who loses to Medusa doesn't deserve to be an Xman. Her power is fucking hair for fucks sake.

Avatar image for aros001
Posted By Aros001

@lvenger said:

@kiba: She absorbed Bolt's voice and converted it into light energy. Dazzler's power is to convert sound into light.

In fairness that does at least make sense and work with established continuity, unlike plenty of other fights where one wins because of BS reasons, like Deathstroke taking out Kyle in Identity Crisis by grabbing his ring hand and having a stronger will.

Anyone who loses to Medusa doesn't deserve to be an Xman. Her power is fucking hair for fucks sake.

It's not about the power, it's how they use it along with everything else they've got. I mean think about it: Daredevil's powers are just enhanced senses, Wolverine's are just to heal fast, Hawkman and Falcon's only powers are flying, and yet all of them have no problem holding their own because they can use their powers to their advantage. I might not care much about the Inhumans but I can imagine that in the several years of comics she's had she's shown that she has the ability to fight.

Avatar image for kiba
Posted By kiba

@lvenger: that does make sense. I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks for the response.

Avatar image for coffeeprince29
Posted By coffeeprince29

Anyone who loses to Medusa doesn't deserve to be an Xman. Her power is fucking hair for fucks sake.

A-fking-men

Avatar image for helloman
Posted By Helloman

I loved this issue. I cannot wait for the other ones after it.

Avatar image for mooty_pass
Posted By Mooty_Pass

This was GOOD issue Beast finally got what he deserved. Storm being a Badass. Megneto being awesome. Emma being smart. Dazzler taking out Black Bolt. Great Issue......

HAHAHAHA the Inhumans are about to get STOMPED.

Avatar image for malachi_munroe
Posted By Malachi_Munroe

@aros001: true it's not always about power. But then .. prehensile hair vs a woman who can recreate hurricane Janet in the time it takes to blink..

Avatar image for laabitres
Posted By laabitres

so far the first issue was good, lets see if the other issues are good (please dont be a civil war 2)

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
Posted By EarthsMightiest

Great start, after the mutants kick the inhumans butts off the planet they can put that traitor Beast on trail.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Posted By Kid_Omega_Prime

why are the Mutants fighting the Inhumans ?

Avatar image for ursaber
Posted By ursaber

Overall it wasn't terrible.

These two dumb groups of superhumans have forgotten one way to resolve everything: contain the cloud. Mutants and Inhumans can work together to contain the cloud in say a cosmic cube like device. In a controlled environment or a pocket dimension. Two keys can be made, one is given to the Mutants so that the Inhumans can't release the cloud but another is given to the Inhumans which allows them to access the cloud but without it escaping into the world. The place where the cloud can be kept would be in New Attilan with safeguards against their misuse.

That way the cloud is preserved and it doesn't threaten mutants. Win Win. And don't tell me they can't contain a cloud its comics its within reasonable logic.

As for the X-Men themselves, they're pissed off, angry and sick of shit always hitting the fan. However they are the offenders here. Inhumans try to help but its just a courtesy and they're really not doing shit. The Inhumans were interesting when it was more about the Royal Family than about the Inhuman race. The superhuman species theme belongs to the X-Men and no other. Young Jean, Young Cyclops I find unlikable. The best of the mutants, Charles, Wolverine and Phoenix as well as Cyclops are all dead.

Again Marvel kills off classic characters to replace them with younger versions except for Logan. Every major hero now has an understudy ready to replace the main hero. This has to stop.

Avatar image for gotham331
Posted By Gotham331

I was wondering when we'd get another event from the house of ideas.

Avatar image for ursaber
Posted By ursaber

Man the mutants are being serious jerks. First they do Avengers vs X-Men and now IvX. Without Professor X these guys will be consumed by Magneto's ideals. It sucks.

The X-Men are at their worst.

The Inhumans are at their most uninteresting.

When its super easy to forge peace they make war. Its stupid just like AvX and just like Civil War 2. Contain the cloud in some kind of super container or in a pocket dimension. That way the Inhumans keep the cloud and the X-Men have a breathable atmosphere.

Mutants are jerks, Inhumans are useless. While the Inhumans appear to be more reasonable they won't go the extra mile for anyone but themselves.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
Posted By spiderhyphenman

Great start. Logical use of powers by the X-men but the inhumans are not gonna take it laying down. They have something prepared for them.

Avatar image for cobracommander
Posted By CobraCommander

@ursaber: Could you really make peace with the fact that your speices is going to die and not have a planet to live on meanwhile the guy who caused this whole mess is chopping it up in a bar like nothing happened with HIS kind flourishing from what kills yours?

Sentinels, Legacy Virus, M-Day. I mean enough has to be enough at some point.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Posted By Avenging-X-Bolt

@aros001: Falcon can control avian creatures and Hawkman had enhanced strength and durability. I see what you mean though.

Avatar image for ursaber
Posted By ursaber

@ursaber: Could you really make peace with the fact that your speices is going to die and not have a planet to live on meanwhile the guy who caused this whole mess is chopping it up in a bar like nothing happened with HIS kind flourishing from what kills yours?

Sentinels, Legacy Virus, M-Day. I mean enough has to be enough at some point.

That's just another day for mutantkind. They've never stopped being hunted or facing extinction.

The mentality the X-Men have now is the same one Magneto's always had. Mutant survival and superiority is what Magneto stood for and every time he hatched a scheme or a plan he was always defeated. Without Professor X to guide them, the X-Men have descended to Magneto's level and have preemptively started this war. The Inhumans aren't all that helpful either but they're trying more than the X-Men. At the time, the effects of Terrigen on mutants was unknown and it didn't become an issue until this year because of plot. Black Bolt should own up to his mistake but at the time, fricking Thanos was threatening Attilan and Earth.

I'm stating this as a neutral party advocating for both sides were this thing actually real. In truth, the X-Men are at their worst and the Inhumans are at their most boring. There are no just wars nor good ones. Storm and Young Jean can easily manipulate the cloud and encase it in some kind of super container. That way the cloud isn't roaming around free killing Mutants and the Inhumans still have their sacred pile of mist to make more of their kind.

They should stop making new Mutants and Inhumans. They already have enough as it is so just focus on the best members rather than their races.

Avatar image for del_torro
Posted By del_torro

The thing is, the inhumans want the clouds out and rolling around the earth, they don't want to contain in tubes, ivx 0 already showed they can, they want the cloud out around the earth to create more inhumans (ignoring that this disrupts people's lives and then forces them to join a new country under a king and Queen to be used as solsdiers).

The mutants have been waiting for 8 months, and since then nothing has come out of it, no cure from the inhumans, the mutant healers can barely do anything, and now the earth is about to become uninhabitable if they don't destroy /contain the cloud, which the inhumans won't allow since they a a months want it floating around the planet.

During the past 8 months, cyclops, Maddox and alchemy died on Muir Island due to the mist, the mutants living under magneto in genosha died to the mist, Japanese mutants had to fllee their country and got trapped in another dimension where they almost died, mutants died and are dieing from mpox as shown by the camps of sick mutants in extraordinary and uncanny, mutants and humans had to flee underground to avoid the mist, Rogue is now dieing, humans and Inhumans are prejudiced against mutants as shown in extraordinary #1, humans hating mutants for mpox (caused by inhuman mists) even though mpox doesn't affect humans, mutants having to leave the planet for limbo where they almost die twice, government trying to weaponize the mist, Mass grave of dead mutants in Germany, inhuman followers of apocalypse hunting down and killing mutant healers.

Look at every thing that has happened and imagine the state of mind the X-men are in, then tell them they have 2 weeks before the planet becomes uninhabitable and starts killing them. I'm not saying the Xmen are proceeding the right way, I don't think they should attack Attila this way, innocents can get hurt. They have better ways of dealing with the inhumans and the cloud. But the inhumans are really helping matters, so creating new inhumans is more important than saving mutant lives. They claim to be saving mutants from the cloud, but where we're they when the cloud came near a city and almost killed mutants in civil war Xmen, or the kid in all new X-men annual that got caught in a cloud and is now dieing, what about when Rogue got infected, or in extraordinary X-men annual when the cloud was about to hit a prison with mutants inside, or when the cloud came to a city and almost killed Forge when he was working with moon girl, if they've been saving mutants then explain the camps filled with dead and dieing mutants and the mass Graves.

There is no way I can look at the inhumans as heroes in this, and though I don't agree with everything the mutants are doing, I still support them, you can't just leave a whole race to die because of your culture, you can't just a group of people and try to claim the moral high ground and say you're saving them. If my neighbours poisoned the water supply in my area causing deths due to their religion, who gets the blame when I remove their toxic holy articles they put into the water tanks

Avatar image for lionman
Posted By lionman

Dazzler hardly contained a soft spoken plea "dont" after he receivers from the throat chop hes gonna wreck everyone. I don't know why they didn't kill him.

Avatar image for jeanvaljean11
Edited By jeanvaljean11

I really enjoyed this issue. One important thing. Although in the end they will make X-men villain at least they showed that they really didn't have any other choice? Go on Mars? F*** that. They belong here. Cloud kill mutants and Inhumans don't let to destroy it because it's sacred for them? It's foolish!

About fighting. I love how they used Dazzler. How it will go in next issues? Propably creators will forget about amazing powers of both sides and it'll end up in stupid fist fight -.- Why? The same reason they did it in AvX....mutants are too powerfull so they had to bring it to STUPID FIST FIGHT. I still remeber Magma who can litterly move earth and squirt lava out of it fought by kicking and fisting...one of worst thing ever happened in Marvel (like whole AvX).

Avatar image for jeanvaljean11
Posted By jeanvaljean11

@lionman: They didn't because they are not meant to win. Unfortunately :( and he obviously will come for revenge. They really should though...isn't he the one who is responsible for releasing cloud to the world a.k.a killing many, many mutants? But no death and judgment is meant only for X-men (Cyclops in jail after killing Xavier under Phoenix influence...Wanda after breakdown killing thousand of mutants - NO jail for her)

Avatar image for lionman
Posted By lionman

@jeanvaljean11 there are probably only 4x men that have an actual chance of killing black bolt. He is the one responsible, he did it because their race was becoming extinct. After that he was removed from any position of power in the royal court due to medusa . no mutant ever tried to talk to about , just tried talking to medusa. been writing it towards this conflict great. Black bolt is one of the most noble and good doing comic characters in all of comics and I'm guessing after he manhandles emma and whoever else, he will put the conflict to rest by turning himself in because thats how he is. Also his solo run starts with him in prison

Avatar image for cagnazzo82
Edited By Cagnazzo82

@stormphoenix said:

This was GOOD issue Beast finally got what he deserved. Storm being a Badass. Megneto being awesome. Emma being smart. Dazzler taking out Black Bolt. Great Issue......

HAHAHAHA the Inhumans are about to get STOMPED.

Ha, I feel like that was fan service.

It was just like an 'oh just shut up and sit down moment'. He was being ridiculous.

The guy literally came to warn the X-Men they're facing extinction... and his plan is just like go and wait it out in the Inhuman city and hang around with them waiting to die in 2 weeks.

It's so absurd. I loved that panel.

Avatar image for wowlock
Posted By Wowlock

I'd like to care about this but the conflict is just so phony I can't take it seriously. It's a cloud, a mist. Storm can blow it in any direction she wants. Besides hasn't marvel done enough of hero/hero fighting? The super villains must be in some sort of retirement home by now.

Well they have the flimsiest explanation for it '' It is sacred to Inhumans ! '' or ''Too big to contain'' ... both of which are BS of course.

Hell even a tech-genius can easily find a machine to gather up the FUCKING MIST.. IT is a DAMN CLOUD NOT A COSMIC STORM.

You don't even need to destroy it...just capture it in a FUCKING BOTTLE AND KEEP IT... but nooo, Inhuman ''ROYALTY'' wants their murder cloud to roam around and screw people's lives because ''yay more superpowered alien-altered people to serve under them ''

There is literally NO GOOD REASON for that damn cloud to stay around as long as it did and for people to care about it more than ACTUAL INNOCENT LIVES

Avatar image for primeearth2016
Posted By PrimeEarth2016

@lvenger: @kiba: It wasnt just Dazzler who beat Black Bolt, she worked together with Emma Frost to defeat him, dont leave out credit for my girl.

Avatar image for primeearth2016
Posted By PrimeEarth2016

@wowlock: Bu- but muh inhuman culture cloud!!1

Avatar image for mooty_pass
Posted By Mooty_Pass

@cagnazzo82: In all honesty I'm actually shocked Beast even said they should leave the Planet.

If I was there I would have zapped him the moment he said that.

Avatar image for adamtrmm
Posted By adamTRMM

@ursaber said:

That's just another day for mutantkind. They've never stopped being hunted or facing extinction.

The mentality the X-Men have now is the same one Magneto's always had. Mutant survival and superiority is what Magneto stood for and every time he hatched a scheme or a plan he was always defeated. Without Professor X to guide them, the X-Men have descended to Magneto's level and have preemptively started this war. The Inhumans aren't all that helpful either but they're trying more than the X-Men. At the time, the effects of Terrigen on mutants was unknown and it didn't become an issue until this year because of plot. Black Bolt should own up to his mistake but at the time, fricking Thanos was threatening Attilan and Earth.

I'm stating this as a neutral party advocating for both sides were this thing actually real. In truth, the X-Men are at their worst and the Inhumans are at their most boring. There are no just wars nor good ones. Storm and Young Jean can easily manipulate the cloud and encase it in some kind of super container. That way the cloud isn't roaming around free killing Mutants and the Inhumans still have their sacred pile of mist to make more of their kind.

They should stop making new Mutants and Inhumans. They already have enough as it is so just focus on the best members rather than their races.

It's like you already answered to yourself. Are you actually advocating for acceptance of extinction?

Bolt detonated a Terrigen Bomb that made a hole in reality that almost ended in Cancerverse taking over well before Inhumanity. During Infinity, Thanos was just an excuse, he was going to detonate the Bomb on Earth regardless.

I guess the excuse for the Mist to not be contained is that Inhumans are not allowing it, and that they executed Cyclops as an example to what will happen to those who try.

They did a terrible job to make Inhuman side even somehow relatable, the X-men don't even look like aggressors, they look like the ones who just had enough. And if you ask me, they are late to the party.

Avatar image for ursaber
Posted By ursaber

@adamtrmm said:
@ursaber said:

That's just another day for mutantkind. They've never stopped being hunted or facing extinction.

The mentality the X-Men have now is the same one Magneto's always had. Mutant survival and superiority is what Magneto stood for and every time he hatched a scheme or a plan he was always defeated. Without Professor X to guide them, the X-Men have descended to Magneto's level and have preemptively started this war. The Inhumans aren't all that helpful either but they're trying more than the X-Men. At the time, the effects of Terrigen on mutants was unknown and it didn't become an issue until this year because of plot. Black Bolt should own up to his mistake but at the time, fricking Thanos was threatening Attilan and Earth.

I'm stating this as a neutral party advocating for both sides were this thing actually real. In truth, the X-Men are at their worst and the Inhumans are at their most boring. There are no just wars nor good ones. Storm and Young Jean can easily manipulate the cloud and encase it in some kind of super container. That way the cloud isn't roaming around free killing Mutants and the Inhumans still have their sacred pile of mist to make more of their kind.

They should stop making new Mutants and Inhumans. They already have enough as it is so just focus on the best members rather than their races.

It's like you already answered to yourself. Are you actually advocating for acceptance of extinction?

Bolt detonated a Terrigen Bomb that made a hole in reality that almost ended in Cancerverse taking over well before Inhumanity. During Infinity, Thanos was just an excuse, he was going to detonate the Bomb on Earth regardless.

I guess the excuse for the Mist to not be contained is that Inhumans are not allowing it, and that they executed Cyclops as an example to what will happen to those who try.

They did a terrible job to make Inhuman side even somehow relatable, the X-men don't even look like aggressors, they look like the ones who just had enough. And if you ask me, they are late to the party.

Know what's the worst part of this, I really don't care for either side. The X-Men are at their worst and the Inhumans are completely uninteresting. This is just another hero vs hero event Marvel keeps shoving down out throats instead of coming up with a better story. Its laziness.

The X-Men are made to appear as aggressors and without Professor X they've gone down Magneto's path instead of Charles' ideal for coexistence. They've fallen and need to get up. The Inhumans... I care even less. But if I have to take this seriously (which I don't) there are numerous solutions to ending this in peace rather than war without having to leave the planet. Either way the X-Men have a point about destroying the cloud since it won't really affect the Inhumans themselves but their beliefs.

Just get this event over with. Lately I've been dabbling in alternate universes rather than the main canon to find some good lighthearted entertainment cause all this seriousness and mortality is getting to be a bummer.

Avatar image for mark_stephen
Posted By Mark_Stephen

I think at this point in their history the X-men really should side with Magneto. Time and again we've been shown that Prof X really wasn't a nice guy and lets face it the humans in the mu are over all worthless. How many times have the X-men put themselves on the front lines and taken the punishment and then then humans sic Sentinel robots on them or heard them into a reservation or something. I don't see any evidence that Prof X's dream of peaceful co-existence will ever work and I really think the X-men are fools for trying.

Avatar image for jeanvaljean11
Posted By jeanvaljean11

I think at this point in their history the X-men really should side with Magneto. Time and again we've been shown that Prof X really wasn't a nice guy and lets face it the humans in the mu are over all worthless. How many times have the X-men put themselves on the front lines and taken the punishment and then then humans sic Sentinel robots on them or heard them into a reservation or something. I don't see any evidence that Prof X's dream of peaceful co-existence will ever work and I really think the X-men are fools for trying.

Those are actually very wise words. But then X-men no longer would be heroes just villains. Are they foolish for trying? Not like they have any other option. Marvel just have to realise that maybe after all this years it's time to make mutants accepted and then see how it'll work. Honestly there is no sense for constantly making humans hate mutants when on the other hand there are Inhumans and other superpeople who are the same threat and from time to time destroy cities and taking lives. It just make no sense to make this kind of hate specifically for x-gene people.

Avatar image for mark_stephen
Edited By Mark_Stephen

@jeanvaljean11 said:
@mark_stephen said:

I think at this point in their history the X-men really should side with Magneto. Time and again we've been shown that Prof X really wasn't a nice guy and lets face it the humans in the mu are over all worthless. How many times have the X-men put themselves on the front lines and taken the punishment and then then humans sic Sentinel robots on them or heard them into a reservation or something. I don't see any evidence that Prof X's dream of peaceful co-existence will ever work and I really think the X-men are fools for trying.

Those are actually very wise words. But then X-men no longer would be heroes just villains. Are they foolish for trying? Not like they have any other option. Marvel just have to realise that maybe after all this years it's time to make mutants accepted and then see how it'll work. Honestly there is no sense for constantly making humans hate mutants when on the other hand there are Inhumans and other superpeople who are the same threat and from time to time destroy cities and taking lives. It just make no sense to make this kind of hate specifically for x-gene people.

They don't really have to do anything, they just can just say 'no' when humanity needs help. After all when a super villain (there must be some left after all) attacks New York why should any of the X-men help out the Avengers? As I recall the Avengers showed up with a helicarier and an army and attacked the X-men in AvX. Even now in this IvX battle I don't think we'll see any one help them out.

This constant saving of people who never return the favor. How many times have the Avengers or anyone shown up when Sentinels or other mutant hunting menaces have attacked? Just turning around and walking away when there is a call for help won't make them villains. It'll just make them smart.

Avatar image for cobracommander
Edited By CobraCommander

@mark_stephen: After so many years of the "protect a world that fears and hates us" routine, I would honestly be interested in seeing the X-Men say screw humanity and its "heroes" and just go off to do their own thing. It'd make for some interesting interactions with the Avengers and whatnot.

It should be the next X-Line relaunch. X-Men: OTF. . .

Avatar image for supremegeneration
Posted By SupremeGeneration

So... Who have the X-Men not fought at this point again?

Avatar image for jhazzroucher
Posted By jhazzroucher

X-men fan forever!

Avatar image for champion99
Posted By Champion99

@ursaber:As soon as you siad the X-men look like the aggressors your comment become void. I don't even know how that could even cross your mind. The Inhumans are clearly in the wrong.

Avatar image for ursaber
Edited By ursaber

@ursaber:As soon as you siad the X-men look like the aggressors your comment become void. I don't even know how that could even cross your mind. The Inhumans are clearly in the wrong.

Who are you to deny or void my comment and statement. Hate to break it to you but the X-Men actively instigated and ignited war against the Inhumans and attacked FIRST. That makes them the aggressors in this conflict no matter how you slice it. The cloud has been running around since Infinity and only now does it start to affect mutants because plot decided it so. You can thank the ongoing legal battle between Marvel and Fox for that.

The fact is this whole event is as stupid as Civil War II though only this one has slightly more justification. The mutants are facing extinction AGAIN. Big deal. They've never stopped being under the threat of extinction. They should laugh at extinction in the face by now. The fault of the Inhumans is that they are unwilling to compromise in regards to the Terrigen Cloud. Don't know if they have more Terrigen in New Attilan but if that cloud is destroyed and they don't have anymore terrigen then their race goes extinct. The X-Men have fallen from grace now that they don't have Professor X to guide them anymore. They've fallen to Magneto's influence. Its sad to see that Magneto won the eternal battle against Xavier. The X-Men's current lineup is also not very appealing. All my favorite characters Jean Grey, Wolverine and Professor X are dead with Cyclops being turned into another Magneto prior to death. They're filled with alternate universe doppelgangers who I care not one bit. An even OLDER LOGAN (ok, I admit he's cool) and even younger and unlikable Jean and Cyclops. I HATE young Jean.

What is wrong with the two sides working together to contain and compress the cloud into a controlled environment or object. That way the cloud isn't destroyed pleasing the Inhumans and it isn't going around killing mutants pleasing the X-Men. Win-Win. Like genies bound to a magic lamp. Clearly they can do that its comic books.

But the truth is, the true aggressors are the writers and editors behind this whole event. ANOTHER HERO VS HERO CONFLICT. Concurrent with the abysmal Civil War II. Its horrid to see heroes only fighting each other. At this point everyone on Earth should hate superhumans and heroes because all they wreak is destruction and they've only fought each other since the first Civil War. Where the hell are the VILLAINS? Seldom do we get a classic hero vs villain story nowadays. Tells you what kind of sick minds run Marvel to actually LIKE and ENJOY heroes beating the crap out of each other.

Avatar image for champion99
Posted By Champion99

@ursaber said:
@champion99 said:

@ursaber:As soon as you siad the X-men look like the aggressors your comment become void. I don't even know how that could even cross your mind. The Inhumans are clearly in the wrong.

Who are you to deny or void my comment and statement. Hate to break it to you but the X-Men actively instigated and ignited war against the Inhumans and attacked FIRST. That makes them the aggressors in this conflict no matter how you slice it. The cloud has been running around since Infinity and only now does it start to affect mutants because plot decided it so. You can thank the ongoing legal battle between Marvel and Fox for that.

The fact is this whole event is as stupid as Civil War II though only this one has slightly more justification. The mutants are facing extinction AGAIN. Big deal. They've never stopped being under the threat of extinction. They should laugh at extinction in the face by now. The fault of the Inhumans is that they are unwilling to compromise in regards to the Terrigen Cloud. Don't know if they have more Terrigen in New Attilan but if that cloud is destroyed and they don't have anymore terrigen then their race goes extinct. The X-Men have fallen from grace now that they don't have Professor X to guide them anymore. They've fallen to Magneto's influence. Its sad to see that Magneto won the eternal battle against Xavier. The X-Men's current lineup is also not very appealing. All my favorite characters Jean Grey, Wolverine and Professor X are dead with Cyclops being turned into another Magneto prior to death. They're filled with alternate universe doppelgangers who I care not one bit. An even OLDER LOGAN (ok, I admit he's cool) and even younger and unlikable Jean and Cyclops. I HATE young Jean.

What is wrong with the two sides working together to contain and compress the cloud into a controlled environment or object. That way the cloud isn't destroyed pleasing the Inhumans and it isn't going around killing mutants pleasing the X-Men. Win-Win. Like genies bound to a magic lamp. Clearly they can do that its comic books.

But the truth is, the true aggressors are the writers and editors behind this whole event. ANOTHER HERO VS HERO CONFLICT. Concurrent with the abysmal Civil War II. Its horrid to see heroes only fighting each other. At this point everyone on Earth should hate superhumans and heroes because all they wreak is destruction and they've only fought each other since the first Civil War. Where the hell are the VILLAINS? Seldom do we get a classic hero vs villain story nowadays. Tells you what kind of sick minds run Marvel to actually LIKE and ENJOY heroes beating the crap out of each other.

I'm a sane person who can see clearly. So would you have them die or leave? Because that's the only other options. The contain thing that you think is the solution wouldn't work because the inhumans don't want that. Just because the X-men became the aggressors doesn't mean they are the offenders. Unlike Civil War 2 this actually had build up.

Avatar image for ursaber
Posted By ursaber

@ursaber said:
@champion99 said:

@ursaber:As soon as you siad the X-men look like the aggressors your comment become void. I don't even know how that could even cross your mind. The Inhumans are clearly in the wrong.

Who are you to deny or void my comment and statement. Hate to break it to you but the X-Men actively instigated and ignited war against the Inhumans and attacked FIRST. That makes them the aggressors in this conflict no matter how you slice it. The cloud has been running around since Infinity and only now does it start to affect mutants because plot decided it so. You can thank the ongoing legal battle between Marvel and Fox for that.

The fact is this whole event is as stupid as Civil War II though only this one has slightly more justification. The mutants are facing extinction AGAIN. Big deal. They've never stopped being under the threat of extinction. They should laugh at extinction in the face by now. The fault of the Inhumans is that they are unwilling to compromise in regards to the Terrigen Cloud. Don't know if they have more Terrigen in New Attilan but if that cloud is destroyed and they don't have anymore terrigen then their race goes extinct. The X-Men have fallen from grace now that they don't have Professor X to guide them anymore. They've fallen to Magneto's influence. Its sad to see that Magneto won the eternal battle against Xavier. The X-Men's current lineup is also not very appealing. All my favorite characters Jean Grey, Wolverine and Professor X are dead with Cyclops being turned into another Magneto prior to death. They're filled with alternate universe doppelgangers who I care not one bit. An even OLDER LOGAN (ok, I admit he's cool) and even younger and unlikable Jean and Cyclops. I HATE young Jean.

What is wrong with the two sides working together to contain and compress the cloud into a controlled environment or object. That way the cloud isn't destroyed pleasing the Inhumans and it isn't going around killing mutants pleasing the X-Men. Win-Win. Like genies bound to a magic lamp. Clearly they can do that its comic books.

But the truth is, the true aggressors are the writers and editors behind this whole event. ANOTHER HERO VS HERO CONFLICT. Concurrent with the abysmal Civil War II. Its horrid to see heroes only fighting each other. At this point everyone on Earth should hate superhumans and heroes because all they wreak is destruction and they've only fought each other since the first Civil War. Where the hell are the VILLAINS? Seldom do we get a classic hero vs villain story nowadays. Tells you what kind of sick minds run Marvel to actually LIKE and ENJOY heroes beating the crap out of each other.

I'm a sane person who can see clearly. So would you have them die or leave? Because that's the only other options. The contain thing that you think is the solution wouldn't work because the inhumans don't want that. Just because the X-men became the aggressors doesn't mean they are the offenders. Unlike Civil War 2 this actually had build up.

Those are the only two options they give you because that's what the writers wrote. I would have them find the third way or some other alternative which in comic books is completely possible. I'm sick and tired of the X-Men and their ever present position in extinction's door as well as heroes fighting each other no matter the reason. Besides this conflict isn't gonna have a clear victor, you know that right.

They're gonna fight than in the middle of the series some plot device is gonna trigger or some third party will interfere and in the end none of them is gonna win. Based on the many upcoming X books advertised by Marvel that cloud will be destroyed and the Inhumans will leave the planet in the book Royals. Both sides are gonna come out of this. There's no tension or weight in this as the end is clearly foreseeable.