Follow

RDF

Team » RDF appears in 158 issues.

The Robotech Defense Force was newly created in response to the crash landing of the SDF-1 and subsequent discovery of robotechnology. Utilizing a variety of veritech (or transformable) weapons the RDF replaced conventional military forces and was instrumental in winning the First Robotech War.

Are there any other fans of Robotech here?

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 48

#1  Edited By TronHammer

Well? Are there?

BiteMe-Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By BiteMe-Fanboy

Yes. I'm quite the fan of Robotech.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By ReVamp

I want to be, if that's of interest.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By evilvegeta74

Thats back in the day man, I was saddened when Rick's older brother allegedly died, but returned later in the series!

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- Robotech was one of my absolute favorites while growing up, it has kind of stagnated for the most part since then.

- The Macross anime it was based upon had had some really good newer material, Macross Plus is the best thing they ever did, and Macross Zero is also very good.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TronHammer

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- Robotech was one of my absolute favorites while growing up, it has kind of stagnated for the most part since then.

- The Macross anime it was based upon had had some really good newer material, Macross Plus is the best thing they ever did, and Macross Zero is also very good.

It certainly seems to have stagnated, but I think the story was completed. They didn't have anywhere else to go with the story.

That, and the fact that they ran out of anime that they could incorporate into it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HammerTron said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

It certainly seems to have stagnated, but I think the story was completed. They didn't have anywhere else to go with the story.

That, and the fact that they ran out of anime that they could incorporate into it.

- Robotech was put together and redubbed from 3 unrelated anime series, but was left wide open to continuation using new animation. There have been a couple of tries but none were very good, the company that holds the rights (Harmony Gold) seem almost incapable of getting anything done with it.

- The series was significantly different from the ones it was adapted from, it was never meant to be a direct translation so heading in its own direction moving forward is to be expected.

- It was ahead of its time when it came out, but watching it today it looks dated.

Nudeviking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Nudeviking

Robotech was outstanding, and the 80s comic adaption was probably the first comic book series I bought on the regular.

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@HammerTron said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- Robotech was put together and redubbed from 3 unrelated anime series, but was left wide open to continuation using new animation. There have been a couple of tries but none were very good, the company that holds the rights (Harmony Gold) seem almost incapable of getting anything done with it.

I thought that Robotech II was alright, and probably would have been a decent series if it hadn't been canceled after three episodes or whatever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Nudeviking said:

Robotech was outstanding, and the 80s comic adaption was probably the first comic book series I bought on the regular.

@WarMachineMarkV said:

@HammerTron said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

I thought that Robotech II was alright, and probably would have been a decent series if it hadn't been canceled after three episodes or whatever.

- I thought Robotech II was terrible myself, the recent movie Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles was only so-so.

- There is talk of a live action Robotech movie, but that's going to be a hard IP to translate into film, there are lots of people who love it out of nostalgia, but its so old now newer people looking back are unlikely to be as impressed.

TronHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are there any other fans?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.