Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

Teen Titans #17: The Raven bits

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Outside_85

So #17 has come about, and Raven is in it...briefly, but she speaks this time.

Obviously with all the Trigon-time she's had, I know she is going to be different in the beginning. But to be honest it neither sounds, looks or 'feels' like the Raven we knew.

Like when Krul started his run in #88 I almost immediately felt he understood how to write her dialogue (which is normally short) helped along by Nicola Scott's art.

This time however, her first line of spoken words is a threat aimed at a minion. But...see for yourselves:

Throne of Skulls
    Throne of Skulls

Honestly I think things could be worse, but still...eh, cup of blood and a throne of skulls for the half-demon...isn't that kinda 'by the book'?

Costume still looks like rubbish...actually it might even have gotten worse with the 'feathers' that's making up the cape.

On the plus side (if we can call it that) it seems it is 'her' that's in charge of her mind and that she is playing a game of some sort.

(And in case you were wondering; despite creeping insanity, it seems Tim is the playa of the Titans)

Discuss? :)

RavenArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RavenArrow

What? That's it? I was preparing a big time return!!!! Anyway, cliche though the skulls and the cup of blood are, I find her kind-of bad-ass... Nothing like the Raven we know, but she does resemble Dark Raven...Only I haven't understood who on earth sh'es talking to...

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RoseFairchild

This new Raven may not seem like the greatest Raven we've gotten, but my god, that is one of the most badass panels she's ever had. I'm sorry, but that page was to cool looking.

Avatar image for deathstrokemerc
    DeathstrokeMerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DeathstrokeMerc

Human skulls and a goblet of blood. She's a cannibal who can eat me anytime.

RoseFairchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RoseFairchild

Oh and on the subject of her first spoken line, personally I don't see that as a being evil thing, I see it as a she's sickened by all of Trigon's monster minions. Though maybe that can be considered evil, who knows. It just sounds to me like she's sickened by that thing approaching her.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Outside_85

@RoseFairchild said:

Oh and on the subject of her first spoken line, personally I don't see that as a being evil thing, I see it as a she's sickened by all of Trigon's monster minions. Though maybe that can be considered evil, who knows. It just sounds to me like she's sickened by that thing approaching her.

Well, to me it's just a bit too close to something I could imagine someone like Dr. Doom saying. Granted it could be as you are saying and that she is just acting, but it's too early to say.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By wtk1013

I hope Raven ends up joining Justice League Dark.....and they take trigon DOWN!

Avatar image for fallen_crippled
    Fallen_Crippled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallen_Crippled

So I am guessing this costume is only temporary because she is with her father at the moment? I do think change is necessary occasionally, but get rid of the cape, helmet, and those hideous hands. They should change up her original costume somewhat.

DarkShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DarkShadows

@wtk1013: I hope she join the JL Dark too, but that probably won't happen for a long time since Lobdell is making another team book with her as the leader.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.