Raven Respect Thread

#1 Edited by KodaChan (182 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect thread on Raven, I thought I would go through the history/powerset. Keep in mind due to the fact of her being a pacfist there are not enough feats to show her in action. ( Rarely attends combat)

*Raven uses her soul self to destroy Trigon / with azar(There is your proof to those who say she didnt't defeat Trigon)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

*Raven and the Titans fight the justice league

Raven, demanding that the JLA let the sorcerers perform their ritual. Green Lantern refuses, and tries to cage Raven, but she escapes. The three sorcerers expel even more energy, knocking the JLA out. Raven then disappears, transporting to another faraway, fantastical world. Waiting for her in one of the grand palaces is Raven's mother, who admonishes her daughter for coming here.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

A demon claims Raven's darkest potential, is that she could tear down the heavens and destroy planets if she so chose to.

No Caption Provided

* Raven defeats Xiaver ( He ko'd during the counter)

No Caption Provided

Raven is told by Phoenix that she could rival her with dark side , and that they could almost be sisters.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darkseid, in a depowered state, had Wonder Woman tap into the brains and souls of the Amazons through the wonderdome. She requesting that they center their convictions into one bound together vitality and afterward Raven assembled the vitality and piped it into Darseid so he could recover power. We likewise witness some clairvoyant correspondence in the middle of Diana and Raven. I'm not certain what connection lies behind Raven's energy levels, yet to the extent I know its only a high demonstrating of her standard powerset. (Apparently Raven needs to be involved as a spiritual conduit for this to work. I think that's probably fair; faith in Darkseid isn't something your average Amazon is going to be able to do without an intermediary.)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

*Raven puts headcase in a comma , he has bfr that could wipe out wonder girl etc

No Caption Provided

Raven one shot's her family

No Caption Provided

Raven has no problem handling the Titans

No Caption Provided

Raven Kicks Brother Bloods ass

No Caption Provided

Raven transfers kid devils powers

No Caption Provided

Raven beats up Envy

No Caption Provided

Raven also defeats Orion ( I will get you all the scan when I find it)

#2 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

Lovely, lovely, very nice. :)

#3 Posted by KodaChan (182 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by TheGoddess (339 posts) - - Show Bio

why is the Raven forum so dead??

It's to reactivate people

#5 Posted by KodaChan (182 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

why is the Raven forum so dead??

It's to reactivate people

Part of the reason I made the 'Ongoing discussion thread', so we can discuss everything that comes to mind without making the Wonder Woman situation with a billion tiny threads.

#7 Edited by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll contribute to the respect thread. Not much has been going on with Rae so I guess that's the reason for the lack of discussion. I've been meaning to put together a thread like this but have been way too lazy. But here are a few feats from Raven Classic/NewTT

Raven can be considered a full psionic possessing empathy, telepathy, precognition, telekinesis and is leaps and bounds more powerful than any Empath I've seen in comics save Meggan.

Empathy/Telepathy

DC Comics Presents #26: Raven invades Dick Grayson’s dreams and shows him a glimpse of his near-future as part of the Teen Titans.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Tales of the Teen Titans Vol 1 56: Raven implants pain and suffering into multiple people. Note that she threaten to implant them with the pain and suffering of all humankind.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Tales of the Teen Titans Vol 1 46: Raven empathically feels Aquagirl's shriek of pain and teleports onto the H.I.V.E. base. The evil influence of Trigon overwhelms her and she slaughters every H.I.V.E. agent in the room.

New Teen Titans Vol 1 #31: The Titans were nearly killed by the Brotherhood. Raven taps into her demonic side and nearly kills everyone had Wonder girl not intervene.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

New Teen Titans #34: Mento built a helmet to amplify his psychic abilities, however it also increased Dayton's paranoia and dementia causing a mental illness. Raven was able to cure him of it.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6

New Teen Titans #2: Ravager was at the brink of death due to burning out his powers. Raven took his rage and distorted it into a mental image before he died.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

New Teen Titans #21: Raven senses and dodges a sniper fire shot at her. She also shows that she can multitask using her soulself and empathic abilities simultaneously.

Teen Titans Vol 3 #88: Headcase, a very powerful telepath/telekinetic, had soloed an entire roster of Teen Titans and created machinery that capable of forming black holes all through his imagination. He also buried High School underground using his tk. Raven BFR's him into her soulself and sent him into a coma.

New Teen Titans Vol 1 #18: Redstar had solo'd an entire roster of Teen Titans. Raven sends him to sleep.

New Teen Titans Vol 1 #18: Micheal Sheldon had solo'd an entire roster of Teen Titans. Raven send him into a comatose state.

Teen Titans vol.3 #40: Bombshell, who possess the same abilities as Captain Atom, solo'd an entire roster of Titans. Raven freezes Bombshell with her soulself.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5

Teleportation

Raven's teleportation derive from an extra-dimensional energy source manifesting as her soulself. Her soulself can also be seen as a nexus to all realities. (both known and unknown) Her ports traverse space/time and is done at the speed of thought.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

More to come.

#8 Edited by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by KodaChan (182 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome

#10 Edited by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

Within the realms of her soulself Raven can tap into the emotions of every being in existence while also transcending time and space. This realm also allows her to tap into her full potential, allowing her to manipulate an entire universe of "lost souls" on a whim.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In an earlier issue Brother Blood designed a machine that could channel the emotions of the planet into Raven only to have the machine overloaded due to Raven's established connection to souls. She proceeds to bypass Brother Blood's immunity and emphatically attack him with the same emotional energy he implanted in her.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#11 Posted by black_wreath (13557 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: Goddamn I love those pages.

Raven/Phobia represented everything great about Rae imo.

#12 Edited by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio

@black_wreath: Indeed. Phobia was a very skilled empath being able to differentiate emotion and manipulate fear on an extreme level. On the first encounter she was able to easily manipulate Raven, mainly due to raven fighting with her demonic side at the time. Phobia exploited this and made Raven attack her own teammate.

Though after purging herself of Trigon's influence Raven was able to explore her ablities more freely and tap into more raw power without going Dark. Her powers grew so much that she was able to sense Phobia using her powers from miles away.

Once Raven confronted Phobia, she not only resisted her attack she unleashed a powerful attack of her own only to hold back at the last instance.

Later she was able to manipulate Phobia's emotions without her even knowing.

No Caption Provided

#13 Edited by Roddy010 (6310 posts) - - Show Bio
When the Titans are being stomped by Vicki Grant, Raven decides to transport her to her nexus in an attempt to pacify her growing anger. Though Vicki resisted and through Raven off into oblivion. Falling into multiple dimensions at once.
Raven then catches herself and lands into a universe of "lost souls" which she uses to traverse dimensions back to Earth. On her way there she emphatically gives hope to an African tribe who'd lost hope in recent years.
Raven (and other Titans) rematches with Vicki. Raven tanks an electrical blast and subdues her long enough for the team to overcome her growing strength.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.