Follow

Raven

Character » Raven appears in 1730 issues.

Raven battles the forces of evil alongside her adoptive family, the Teen Titans while trying to control her baser, antagonistic instincts she inherited from her demonic father, Trigon.

How does Raven's empathic powers work exactly?

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know that it allows Raven to sense other people's emotions but can she also influence them however she pleases? Like can she make an ordinary person go from happy in one moment to suddenly depressed in the next few moments or reverse that exact same scenario? I read in the Teen Titans comics that she can make someone lose a certain emotion like when she offered to 'swallow the fear' of some kids after their bus nearly fell of the Golden Gate and I also heard than in the older comics, she made someone fall in love with her. So, does this mean that, assuming she wants to, she can influence someone's emotions however she wants to?

Also, what was that ability she used in Daughter of Darkness? In the early issues of that series, she got annoyed with Baron Winters and forced him to think about certain events and read his mind. She said that she was using her empathic powers to do this. At least, that's how I understand it. I think it was on the third issue of that comic where this happened. How exactly does that work and is that the same to the one I mentioned earlier? If not, how different is it exactly?

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise:

"

Raven is a full-blown psionic, and I regard her as a telempathic.

Emotion negation - Raven can steal the emotions of others, and render them completely numb. Raven can induce emotions into other people's subconscious to affect their mental state as she wishes. She is also able to force outside emotions into other people. Additionally, Raven seems to be able to absorb another person's knowledge with a touch, such as a language spoken by that person. She was shown to have the power and ability to project mental illusions into someone's memory. This unique ability is usually forgotten. Raven is capable of projecting her consciousness upon others. Raven is capable of mind-reading an opponent, and it's been shown in new 52. Raven can empathically absorb the pain of injured people to ease their suffering and induce rapid healing. She has the ability to heal herself and others. : Raven harbors telepathic abilities and has been able to alter the dreams of others, read their minds, absorb information, erase their memories, and induce a sleep or comatose state in them." Yes, Wally West joined the Titans because Raven made him fall in love with her. Raven did the same thing to Nightwing.

Raven used her empathic abilities to force him to remember events of his past.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevoidofdeath:

if Raven was able to make someone fall in love with her, does that mean she can also drive someone to the point of suicide or depression, possibly make them kill themselves because she used her powers like that?

WhiteRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry if I’m interrupting in a convo but if I remeber, she was able to induce immense fear and anger to some people quite some times. So I’m guessing yes?

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whiteraven: nah, you're not. Don't worry about it. When did she actually do that? Is that a pre New 52 stuff?

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise: Raven was capable of actually using her psionics to cause internal pain heart attacks, internal bleeding etc . In New Teen Titans Raven spread mass hysteria to others , she made her teammates fight one another , cry doubt

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevoidofdeath:

what you mean by 'cry doubt'? And Rebirth? When did she do that in Rebirth? What was the storyline around it?

TheVoidofDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@falsepromise: She made a few people start crying purposely in NTT. I don't remember the issue I would have to go find them again. Hell, she told an entire crowds she could make them fall in love and be her slave it was nuts.

FalsePromise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.