Follow

Rachel Summers

Character » Rachel Summers appears in 2847 issues.

Rachel Summers is the daughter of Cyclops and Jean Grey from the alternate "Days of Future Past" timeline. She was forced to become a mutant "hound" and track other mutants before escaping to the present. Rachel has immense telekinetic and telepathic powers. Rachel was also a longtime host to the Phoenix Force.

Where Was She Confirmed Omega?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Uncanny X-Men # 206.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Sorry I've just read Uncanny X-Men # 206 from cover to cover, but it doesn't mention mutant levels for any characters.  It's a pretty lame issue where she angsts over meeting Cyclops & Maddy Pryor, and then the X-Men fight Freedom Force in San Francisco.

I remember that back then Ray's powers were pretty weak until she absorbed some of the Phoenix Force left in the Holempathic Matrix Crystal (Uncanny X-Men # 199).  Or maybe it's the fact that she could contain & use the Phoenix Force which classes her as an Omega Level??
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Emma hosted Phoenix.  It has nothing to do with powers anymore.  Phoenix was emotion hungry.  As far as when she was confirmed, there was a wiki debate over her being an actual Omega level mutant.  In fact, the comparison was used (a bit) with her, Magneto, and other uber-powerful characters who haven't been confirmed (which is why I personally don't care about power-levels like that).  The Omega title came under attack because the issue (I don't remember what it was) where she was confirmed as Omega, was said to be at a time where it the name (Omega) hadn't even been coined to define power-levels, but more like a great threat.  Magneto was said to be Omega for the same reason of being a "great threat".  However, I am unable to bring up issues because wikipedia in all it's "Awesomeness" joined the Omega page with the "mutants" page.  So now, I can't find the debate. 

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By IcePrince_X

Rachel Summers is a strong leveled telekinetic and telepath even without the Phoenix Force, her levels in all the cards I collected puts her power levels and projection to the highest level, in fact even more than her mother Jean Grey and Professor X, more definitely more than Emma. The problem with Rachel is that during her return she became a wimp in using her powers. She is no longer projecting the fullest extent of her powers since she came in.

Omega or not, she really is living up to the tradition of the x-gene of her parents. My theory of Rachel's immense powers is that she really is the daughter of the Phoenix, meaning the Phoenix Force living to the persona of Jean Grey. That is why I get the shivers when she is referred to as Phoenix Child... i believe this is not too far out since Chris Claremont is claiming she is one of a kind and the other Rachel we see, there are less than 5, are not really Rachel Summers but her namesake only. That is why the character development of Rachel can still evolve in this. 

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By pixelized
    White Mage said:
    "Emma hosted Phoenix. 
    I'm surprised you didn't say storm.
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Emma hosted Phoenix. 
    I'm surprised you didn't say storm."
    Storm hasn't hosted her.  However, she was given a DIRECT comparison to Phoenix on SEVERAL occasions.  Including one when she was going for ALL of her powers.  Personally, I think Rachel should be removed until something is said that she is DEFINITELY Omega.  Until it is said, it doesn't count.  Storm and Magneto are perfect examples of this.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By pixelized

The issue you're looking for aztek is uncanny x-men 208

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pixelized
    White Mage said:
    "pixelized said:
    "White Mage said:
    "Emma hosted Phoenix. 
    I'm surprised you didn't say storm."
    Storm hasn't hosted her.  However, she was given a DIRECT comparison to Phoenix on SEVERAL occasions.  Including one when she was going for ALL of her powers.  Personally, I think Rachel should be removed until something is said that she is DEFINITELY Omega.  Until it is said, it doesn't count.  Storm and Magneto are perfect examples of this."
    She has, it was in a What if or something.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pixelized
    WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WARLOCK2792
    pixelized said:
    ""

Luckily, "What Ifs" don't count.  In that version, she dies.  However 1 thing that I wish counted for her, is shown in Apocalypse's possible futures, where she has become an elemental being. 
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By IcePrince_X

Vulcan can also count as one of the What Ifs hosting the Phoenix Force.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

and nightcrawler

and cyclops

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By John Valentine
    IcePrince_X said:
    "Vulcan can also count as one of the What Ifs hosting the Phoenix Force."

He's Omega though.
    Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never imo

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She weak af

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Most powerful mutant on the planet(according to her, "virtually unlimited" (the term used by Xavier to describe Omega's for the first time) telepathic and telekinetic powers (According to SHIELD & Marvel databooks), omega class contact by Nimrod.....I mean.... the confirmation kinda wasn't needed, but with the Hickman Omega List things are different.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.