Follow

Quicksilver

Character » Quicksilver appears in 3405 issues.

Quicksilver is a superhuman with the ability to travel at speeds far beyond the average human. He is the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch. After he and his sister left the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, they became members of the Avengers. Although Quicksilver's loyalties and reliability have long been erratic, his love for his sister has proven constant.

The Quick and the Dead: Pietro redeemed.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Pania

I loved this issue! PAD has done a masterful job of bringing Pietro out of the depth he descended to in Son of M.

I haven't been able to get to the comics shop because I have two finals tomorrow, but I saw the scans on scans_daily.

"I'm freaking Quicksilver, and you can eat my freaking dust!!"

AWESOME! I mean bounce up and down in your seat Awesome.

Big thumbs up to PAD.

As to why he has his powers back, I don't think it's from the terrigen crystals because they are his speed powers, not time ones. Layla's hints also discount Wanda's involvement. So either he never lost them, or reality is quietly reasserting itself.

I mean think about it, we have a universe in which Eternity is a sentient being. Don't you think it might have taken issue with a mutant reworking it just to "get back at Daddy"?

teukro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By teukro

Thank God for PAD!

He brought Pietro back. David was hinting towards this for a while but I still was very scared of Quicksilver being the nemesis of Layla. I thought that if came down to it, the one to "go" would be Pietro.

Now we'll see what they do. Probably this one-shot was a "test" to see how much interest exists on the caracther (maybe with a PAD series for Pietro?)

Lets hope it sells well enough (sadly i cant help, i would have to buy it as a back-issue)

Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Shaper

What comic is this?

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Pania

Shaper says:

"What comic is this?"

X-Factor: The Quick and Dead one shot.

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter
    Clutch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Clutch

Got more?

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7  Edited By Nighthunter
    Shaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Shaper

Awesome.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By pixelized

he touched the bars and got his powers back???

i obviously skipped pania's first post

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Korg

So why is Quicksilver this fast? He appears to be moving much faster than 220 mph (his top speed as given in Son of M) is this a power boost or just inconsistent writing? I ask this because I've seen him do things that would require much greater speed, and was surprised when they threw out 220 as his top speed at the time.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

Such a good issue.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pania
    Korg said:
    "

So why is Quicksilver this fast? He appears to be moving much faster than 220 mph (his top speed as given in Son of M) is this a power boost or just inconsistent writing? I ask this because I've seen him do things that would require much greater speed, and was surprised when they threw out 220 as his top speed at the time.

"
    Well, when Quicksilver was under the influence of Isotope E (Quicksilver series), his speed topped out at over Mach 5. I guess we are to assume that that has stuck with him, or he has achieved his full (natural) potential.
    Noona1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Noona1

PAD SAID IN A MARVEL ARTICLE THAT  
       David says that while all the title's characters appear in the very first issue, they won't necessarily all be in the same place. However, the writer promises that he plans to stream a plot together that eventually reunites the entire team. Similarly, the move to New York also allows for more guest appearances in the book, whether in the form of brief cameos or as potential clientele. In fact, David teases that longtime fans should prepare themselves for the possible reappearance of a former X-Factor cast member: the silver-haired speedsterQuicksilver.

"I think it's safe to say that they will cross paths at some point."

check it out here
    http://marvel.com/news/comicstories.9329.Fan_Expo_Canada_%7Eapos%7E09%7Ecolon%7E_X-Factor_%23200    
    Rezaujp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i love how PAD is write a story about Quicksilver in comics, he's such a great guy, he should deserve got more in comics, maybe a solo comics!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.