Follow

Quicksilver

Character » Quicksilver appears in 3406 issues.

Quicksilver is a superhuman with the ability to travel at speeds far beyond the average human. He is the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch. After he and his sister left the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, they became members of the Avengers. Although Quicksilver's loyalties and reliability have long been erratic, his love for his sister has proven constant.

Quicksilver Essentials

wickedfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By wickedfun

What should I read to acquire more knowledge about the character, I'm really interested in Pietro and could use some help on titles/tpbs that I should purchase. Thanks in advance.

wickedfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wickedfun

Anyone?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine

He's an arrogant fool. That's pretty much all there is to him.

wickedfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By wickedfun

I don't particularly see him that way. I see him more so as a complicated character. I haven't really read anything about him, my knowledge is wiki based, with a tad bit of media mixed in.

Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

Pick up Essential X-Men Volume 1, and the first couple volumes of Essential Avengers. They're pretty cheap and cover a lot of ground, both with Quicksilver and most of Marvel's important characters. Avengers Academy trades should help a lot too, as Quicksilver was one of the regular cast. Honestly, my favorite version of Quicksilver is from the short-lived Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon.

Avatar image for comecomeparadise
    comecomeparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By comecomeparadise

What Eet Mor Puppee said if you're interested in Pietro's beginnings, but if you want more recent stuff I suggest you pick up his storyline from House of M. It's what made me fall in love with the character, personally. The outcome of House of M for Pietro is treated in Son of M, which has a great story involving the Inhumans and Pietro's daughter Luna, but also a rather more extreme characterization of Pietro that has him going bad again. It's consistent with his past and very well handled, but it's still sad. That particular storyline then continues/ends in Silent War. Then I must have missed the comics in which he repents because when he comes back in Mighty Avengers, he's good again. Eh. In any case he becomes a Mighty Avenger, so if you're interested in that the TPBs in question are Mighty Avengers: Earth's Mightiest, Mighty Avengers: The Unspoken and Mighty Avengers: Siege. The series ends after that. Don't worry about what comes before Earth's Mightiest because that's where the authors changed and Dan Slott took it in a completely different direction, limiting the Avengers rooster to second-tiers and giving the whole thing a fun old-school vibe, it might as well be a completely different series. Continuity-wise you just need to be aware of Secret Invasion's events to read it. After that I hear Pietro got an important role in Avengers Academy but I haven't read that so I can't say much about it.

And that's for reprints; I'm afraid I haven't read anything about him between Avengers Essentials and House of M... So I'm pretty much in the same boat as you, really. If anyone's got recs of back issues I should pick up next time, I'd really appreciate it. I've got a soft spot for Quicksilver as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.