Follow

Quicksilver

Character » Quicksilver appears in 3404 issues.

Quicksilver is a superhuman with the ability to travel at speeds far beyond the average human. He is the twin brother of the Scarlet Witch. After he and his sister left the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants, they became members of the Avengers. Although Quicksilver's loyalties and reliability have long been erratic, his love for his sister has proven constant.

Avengers vs. X-men The Movie

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Well not really.

We've already seen confirmation that Whedon plans on using Quicksilver along with his sister the Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2. Well it looks like Quicksilver will be appearing in two movies.

Bryan Singer tweeted this today:

"Before he was an #Avenger, he was just a REALLY fast kid. Thrilled to say #EvanPeters is joining #XMen #DaysOfFuturePast as #Quicksilver."

Now when I read this I immediately jumped to the conclusion that maybe Fox and Marvel/Disney had come to some sort of agreement and that what we would be seeing is a younger Pietro in X-men and an older Pietro in Avengers 2. But it seems that neither studio has come to any sort of an agreement and it turns out that they're desperately trying to outdo each other and that if either studio could get the other to not use the character then they would. Rumors say that Quicksilver will have a small role/cameo but be a big plot point in X-men but Whedon plans on using the character and building him up in Avengers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

He's a mutant and should be in X-Men he is NOT an Inhuman and should not be in Avengers

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#3  Edited By Teerack

He's a mutant and should be in X-Men he is NOT an Inhuman and should not be in Avengers

He's a mutant, but he was in the brotherhood of evil for like 5 years, and then him and his sister were Avengers for like 45 years....(in real world time)

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch may be mutants but they were NEVER X-Men, so it makes a lot more sense for them to be in Avengers.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By novi_homines

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

He's a mutant, but he was in the brotherhood of evil for like 5 years, and then him and his sister were Avengers for like 45 years....(in real world time)

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch may be mutants but they were NEVER X-Men, so it makes a lot more sense for them to be in Avengers.

This. If we're talking about who had them first, it would be the Avengers. I however would rather have the X-Men use them because it just makes more sense. I think Singer is just being an ass though. Don't they already have a script and started filming already? Why do this? It seems too late to be adding characters to the film.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

This. If we're talking about who had them first, it would be the Avengers. I however would rather have the X-Men use them because it just makes more sense. I think Singer is just being an ass though. Don't they already have a script and started filming already? Why do this? It seems too late to be adding characters to the film.

It doesn't mater, Quicksilver is a mutant and should be in a film about mutants, they don't even exist in the MCU and are just going to shoe horn Terrigen Mist in to his origin just to get him to fit. Without Mutants, without Magneto and without X-Men the character is rendered pointless.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

from what they're saying Singer is only using him because he needs a speedster or something for a small cameo and Whedon actually wants to develop the character....with that I'd say I'd rather him just appear in the Avengers

I'd much rather them get along and just make a shared universe

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Teerack

@novi_homines said:If y

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

It doesn't mater, Quicksilver is a mutant and should be in a film about mutants, they don't even exist in the MCU and are just going to shoe horn Terrigen Mist in to his origin just to get him to fit. Without Mutants, without Magneto and without X-Men the character is rendered pointless.

If you really think that you're not a QS fan.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
    deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

While i'm rather indifferent to the character, at least we know Whedon will treat him with respect, unlike Singer.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they've been shooting for a while, and just now decided to cast Quicksilver.

If they are not doing this out of spite, then they are... whatever-THEY'RE DOING THIS OUT OF SPITE.

Did they actually write him into the script of days of future past? or are they just cramming him into some action scene like they did with Psylocke in X3?

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines said:

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

How exactly? Every other avenger has powers. Lol I don't think it will matter to most. Especially since they debuted as avengers first and foremost. My point is, if Singer needed to use them for the story, fine. But this just seems like he gained interest in them because Marvel was about to use them.

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So they've been shooting for a while, and just now decided to cast Quicksilver.

If they are not doing this out of spite, then they are... whatever-THEY'RE DOING THIS OUT OF SPITE.

Did they actually write him into the script of days of future past? or are they just cramming him into some action scene like they did with Psylocke in X3?

This. Seems to be out of spite. I doubt Quicksilver has a major role, which is a shame. If they're going to use him, he must have a major role.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
    TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I wish they would just make a deal and use him in DOFP and Avengers 2. Have him be called Quicksilver in DOFP and Pietro in A2 using SAME actor

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
    V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines: Quicksilver did not début as an Avenger he was part of the Brotherhood and an X-Men character years before that

@teerack: Really? So the only pepole that are fans are the ones that wan't to see him radically changed, so much so that he's not even a Mutant or the son of Magneto?

To everybody saying "Derp there just casting him as spite" need to realise that's NOT how movies work, he was obviously cast before and this is just the announcement

novi_homines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By novi_homines

@jonny_anonymous said:

@novi_homines: Quicksilver did not début as an Avenger he was part of the Brotherhood and an X-Men character years before that

@teerack: Really? So the only pepole that are fans are the ones that wan't to see him radically changed, so much so that he's not even a Mutant or the son of Magneto?

To everybody saying "Derp there just casting him as spite" need to realise that's NOT how movies work, he was obviously cast before and this is just the announcement

- No he was not. Look into it.

- It was out of spite. Everyone was revealed late last year/ early this year.They had all of the mutants casted. Everyone from Halle Berry to Michael Fassbender came in, dressed up, and took pictures for the public all as a group, and started filiming at least 2 months ago. Yet pietro is the only one late to all of this. I wonder why.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

- It was out of spite. Everyone was revealed late last year/ early this year.They had all of the mutants casted. Everyone from Halle Berry to Michael Fassbender came in, dressed up, and took pictures for the public all as a group, and started filiming at least 2 months ago. Yet pietro is the only one late to all of this. I wonder why.

I don't need to look in to it, I already know Quicksilver first appeared in X-Men #4 in 1964.

You really think that Singer wrote an entirely new character that is the son of a pre-existing character in to the plot of a movie that is already halfway through filming then cast him, sign him and have announcement done in less than a week of Whedon saying he wanted to use him in a film that's not even out of scripting yet? That's not even possible.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

Well, this is surprising news. I wonder how Quicksilver will be used in the X-Men film when he was supposed to be in the Avengers film.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Veshark

I'm confused. I know both studios own shared rights to the character, but are they having two actors playing the same role? Might get confusing for audiences.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@novi_homines said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I don't need to look in to it, I already know Quicksilver first appeared in X-Men #4 in 1964.

You really think that Singer wrote an entirely new character that is the son of a pre-existing character in to the plot of a movie that is already halfway through filming then cast him, sign him and have announcement done in less than a week of Whedon saying he wanted to use him in a film that's not even out of scripting yet? That's not even possible.

I said you're not a fan because you don't seem to know much about Quicksilver other then the very basics of his origin.(Almost as if most of your knowledge comes from cartoon shows) If you think his character is defined by his father or by a few skirmishes with the x-men during a very short lived career as a super villain you don't know what you're talking about. You really seem to just want to horde characters for the X-Men movies.

His dad could still be Magneto and probably will be. The logical thing would be to not mention his father by name until Marvel regains the movie rights inevitably. Just so you know not owning the movie right to X-Men means they can't have X-Men characters in their movies, but it doesn't mean they can't vaguely reference them.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@novi_homines said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

I said you're not a fan because you don't seem to know much about Quicksilver other then the very basics of his origin.(Almost as if most of your knowledge comes from cartoon shows) If you think his character is defined by his father or by a few skirmishes with the x-men during a very short lived career as a super villain you don't know what you're talking about. You really seem to just want to horde characters for the X-Men movies.

His dad could still be Magneto and probably will be. The logical thing would be to not mention his father by name until Marvel regains the movie rights inevitably. Just so you know not owning the movie right to X-Men means they can't have X-Men characters in their movies, but it doesn't mean they can't vaguely reference them.

This has nothing to do with the cartoon at all. The very basics of the character is what there changing and that's why I'm bringing it up. Quicksilver is a Mutant in X-Men. will he be a Mutant in Avengers? No, at best he'll be an Inhuman. In the X-Men Quicksilver is the son of of the most prominent Mutant supremacist, will he be that in Avengers? No, at best we'll get like you said some vague reference of him being the son of some unnamed terrorist. There will be no duality to the character, no redemption from fighting for Mutant supremacy to fighting for just plain old good. We'll get a watered down originless character that has the same name and powers.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Quicksilver in Avengers 2. You don't even have to explain his origin right away, they didn't in the comics, from what I understand, and I don't remember them saying much about Black Widow and Hawkeye's origins and they were in the Avengers.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zearing: They explained his origin in the very first issue he appeared in

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@novi_homines said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

This has nothing to do with the cartoon at all. The very basics of the character is what there changing and that's why I'm bringing it up. Quicksilver is a Mutant in X-Men. will he be a Mutant in Avengers? No, at best he'll be an Inhuman. In the X-Men Quicksilver is the son of of the most prominent Mutant supremacist, will he be that in Avengers? No, at best we'll get like you said some vague reference of him being the son of some unnamed terrorist. There will be no duality to the character, no redemption from fighting for Mutant supremacy to fighting for just plain old good. We'll get a watered down originless character that has the same name and powers.

from what the rumors are saying I don't think we're going to get much better from the X-men film either....it seems as though Singer just wants to use him as a plot devise and that's it....unless he got a solo film from either of the studios then I doubt that either of them will focus much on his origin anyway....DoFP is already loaded with a ton of characters and that already worries me...remember Psylocke in X3? most people didn't even know that was her until they were told in the credits...if Whedon can do the character justice without showing his origin then why not let him...the rumors do say that Whedon wants to actually use the character and build him up....we could still get his classic personality and really that's all we need

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself: It doesn't matter what happened to Psylocke in X3 that was a different film made buy different pepole . What I wan't to see is original X-Men characters appearing in the X-Men films. Next thing we'll see is Wolverine, Rogue, Beast and Storm appearing in Avengers. There white washing Mutants just so they can use them.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous:

OK, I've never read it, I was just going from what I'd heard second-hand.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

i would like to see a connection between x-men and avengers in the film industry. so I would be really pissed if they used a different actor for the Avengers 2. It's weird seeing two actors play the same character at basically the same time

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@jonny_anonymous: Quicksilver didn't even know Magneto was his father until nearly 2 decades after he was introduced. Up til then he had been under the impression that the Whizzer was his father.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

#28  Edited By Extremis

A movie with that many characters would fall under its own weight.

Rabbitearsblog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 79

@extremis said:

A movie with that many characters would fall under its own weight.

I agree. At first, I was happy that my favorite characters were appearing in this film, but after hearing even more characters being added to the cast, I can't help but be a little worried about who will have enough screen time or who would just appear as a cameo.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.