Why can't Marvel make a successful Punisher movie?

• 57 results
#51 Posted by ssejllenrad (13112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Bionder: Hopefully producers give Castle another chance and make a definitive badass Punisher film.

#52 Posted by ReVamp (23014 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87:I hate that artist though... Same dude that did Wolverine origins right?

Yea Romita Jr makes me want to claw my eyes out but its still a good book

Its Romita? OMG, I hate one less artist than I did 5 minutes ago!

Sorry brain fart it was Steve Dillon not Romita

Thought so. It would be too good if it was Romita.

#53 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

well, he's getting new tv series on fox from marvel.

#54 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3080 posts) - - Show Bio

mr. reese  on a person of interest show is kinda like punisher

#55 Posted by Mr. Smiths (2091 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@Vance Astro: My question tho is why aren't his movies big action blockbusters, it has all the building blocks right in front of it

If they can get another big time action moive star that is right for Frank Castle/The Punisher with the good parts of WarZone which was the action and good story and acting og Punisher 2004 then that is your blockbuster right there.
#56 Posted by Mr. Smiths (2091 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

@ReVamp: Actually I think it'd be cool he went after the Maggia or Gnucci crime family, keep super villains out of it all together and make it more like Punisher Max. Market it more toward the action movie fans but keep his character as close to his personality in the comics as possible to keep the fanboys happy (happy being a relative term because we all know they're never really happy with anything ever)

Thats what I said get a big time action movie star to play Punisher but add all the good from the 3 Punisher movies together and just keep out all the bad. I have Maggia, Gnucci, Jigsaw, Barracuda and Kingpin in each film as the main villian. With minor villians like the Russian, 2 drug dealer brothers Castle went after in Miami and the dude who was a former priest with a arm designed as a shotgun. Plus the father and son who ran the prostitution ring.
#57 Posted by hulkbuster94 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

In my personal opinion they need to look at a punisher tv show because they could do well with it or they should introduce him into the daredevil tv show and then after a few episodes give him his own show movies are good but if you want to flesh out on a characters back story and get the origin right the punisher for example a tv show would be better and it would allow marvel to use a grittier setting instead of the formula their movies use.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.