Who's the best punisher?

#1 Posted by Darth Malek (112 posts) - - Show Bio

After watching all three Punishers in one sitting Lundgren's included. I've decided that Stevenson's was most accurate to the kill everything leave no prisoners punisher of comic books, Lundgren fits the look the best, and Jane was the best acting wise. Who do you think was the best?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#2 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson's on character (so he really didn't do anything, the script was stronger re; character). 
Jane on everything else. 

Avatar image for emerald_lamp_2814
#3 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (666 posts) - - Show Bio
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
"Stevenson's on character (so he really didn't do anything, the script was stronger re; character).  Jane on everything else.  "
#4 Posted by BURNTHEPRIEST (582 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson to me IS The Punisher, very dark & disturbed look. 

#5 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (666 posts) - - Show Bio

good point
#6 Posted by Fire-brand (2342 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked jane the most. i don't know why.

#7 Posted by emerald_lamp_2814 (666 posts) - - Show Bio

???
#8 Posted by Darth Malek (112 posts) - - Show Bio

anyone see the lundgren one its pretty good

#9 Posted by Jotham (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson all the way.

#10 Posted by ZORN (1560 posts) - - Show Bio

I prefer Thomas Jane, maybe due to him voicing The Punisher in the game.

Avatar image for daredevilwithoutfear
#11 Edited by Daredevilwithoutfear (97 posts) - - Show Bio

Thomas Jane was Awesome for the Voice of Frank Castle in The Punisher game but for the Live action look of Castle I would have to give it to Ray Stevenson all the way

He had that dark menacing look that Frank Castle had in the MAX series of the Punisher I even liked how he spoke as Frank Castle and did the Voice of the Punisher in Marvel Super Hero Squad

He was even Dark and Creepy for a Kids version of the Punisher and Did awesome..

So this is how I go For Movies: Ray Stevenson 

For the Voice of The Punisher It is hard cause Both Stevenson and Jane were awesome voicing Frank Castle
#12 Posted by The Lobster (1750 posts) - - Show Bio

Gotta go with Ray Stevenson, he looks and sounds exactly like the Punisher should. I think if he was given more to work with he could have topped Thomas Jane acting wise as well.

#13 Posted by Eggimann (68 posts) - - Show Bio

All three movies have been more or less done a pretty poor job as a Punisher movie. The Lundgren one just didn't feel like a Punisher movie, but as an b-action movie it was okay. The Thomas Jane one was meh, felt a bit more like the Punisher, but its biggest problem was that it was an Origin story, which for The Punisher feels unnecessary and while it had some good scenes there was more bad scenes to ruin it. The Stevenson one was awful, he did a good job as the Punisher, but the movie as a whole was terrible, poor special effects and villains who were just awful. The ending shoot-out was decent, but that is all the good i can say about it.

#14 Posted by xybernauts (888 posts) - - Show Bio
@BURNTHEPRIEST said:
" Stevenson to me IS The Punisher, very dark & disturbed look.  "
QFT 

I thought his movie was the best also. 
#15 Posted by Blob (656 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson got it down Punisher style wise but Thomas Jane in my opinion is levels above him acting wise. So gottta go with Jane.

#16 Posted by Pistolwhip (13 posts) - - Show Bio

None of them did The Punisher justice. I keep hoping a tv series happens on a network like HBO, Showtime or Starz that's good as Dexter. It's likely just wishful thinking.

#17 Posted by PowerHerc (86188 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pistolwhip said:
"None of them did The Punisher justice. I keep hoping a tv series happens on a network like HBO, Showtime or Starz that's good as Dexter. It's likely just wishful thinking. "

This.
#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5650 posts) - - Show Bio
@Pistolwhip said:
"None of them did The Punisher justice. I keep hoping a tv series happens on a network like HBO, Showtime or Starz that's good as Dexter. It's likely just wishful thinking. "

I agree
#19 Posted by cody1984 (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
"Stevenson all the way. "
#20 Posted by AllNewOverseer (478 posts) - - Show Bio

My definative Punisher is the Thomas Jane version. I usually see everything I read as an Anime/Animated series and its always Thomas Jane's Punisher I hear as the voice over. Stevenson is ok, but a little too gruff for me.

#21 Posted by gravitypress (2102 posts) - - Show Bio

Stevenson, I couldnt get past the popcicle scene in the Jane one. Punisher would have offered him a slow death or fast not play with popcicles. Oh yeah the Costa Rica scene was funny not tragic. I was like "jump off the bridge b!tch". But a rocket launcher to a jumping moron? Awesome!

Avatar image for reversenegative
#22 Posted by ReverseNegative (2974 posts) - - Show Bio

Frank Castle.

#23 Posted by jojjimbo (2686 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Bernthal =)

#25 Posted by warrior100 (2163 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Bernthal by far the best punisher.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#26 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

Jon Bernthal

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#28 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

Bernthal

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.