What if, The Batman vs The Punisher

Posted by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Well i know this theme is too much debated, but i want to know what Frank Castle need to beat Batman...

Imagine that Batman is accused of killing an innocent .. What Frank's will need to win?

In my opinion Frank's needed to discover the identity of Batman... Why?
Because it's more easily to mess with Batman head (if that's possible!?) by knowing Bruce Wayne's past. 
What will Frank's needed to do? Maybe unearthing coffins of their parents to get his attention and probably forcing Batman to make mistakes or just by kidnaping Alfred. 

In theory Batman is much more stronger physically and mentaly not to mention his gadgets and hand to hand combat than the Punisher. 
To take Batman out of the equation, the Punisher should carefuly do some really hard prep work of the site battle outside gotham city. 
The fight should be at a warehouse or an abandoned building carefully rigged by the Punisher, maybe this way he could get rid of the Bats.

What do you guys think?

#1 Posted by cattlebattle (17820 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill all his villains, this would be like spitting in his face and anger him. 

and depending who is writing Batman he's had trouble handling guys of the Punishers caliber before so he might not have to do that much.

Honestly Red Hood was similar to the Punisher in some aspects, but he was trained by Batman and still was defeated so I imagine Frank would have to take a real extreme route, like blow up Wayne Manor and the batcave, as well as his reserves, exploit his identity so he has to look over his shoulder constantly, things like that

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
#2 Posted by I'maDC/ImageGuy! (1636 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't there a crossover in the 80's when they did this?

#3 Posted by gunjin (732 posts) - - Show Bio
@I'maDC/ImageGuy!:  

90's. It was azbats i think.
#4 Edited by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle: I think you are right, blow up his resources would be a real efective way to try to beat him... I remember when hush appeared for me one of the best arc's ever of the Batman, when Batman got so messed up that almost kill Joker and Gordon arrived and stopped him.

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!
In fact you got two crossovers...
1) Batman/Punisher: Lake of fire
2) Batman/ Punisher: Deadly Knights ( The best book )
#5 Posted by greenlight1107 (78 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a very close call, but when it all comes down to it I have to go with the detective. I mean The Punisher in my opinion is just to sloppy, and as soon as The Punisher tries to attack Batman and of course fails, the Punisher would have left all sorts of clues and evidence ultimately leading to The Punisher's demise....

Avatar image for white_angel_of_death
#6 Posted by White Angel Of Death (711 posts) - - Show Bio

Punisher for the win. He'll ggol out and plant explosives and traps. Plus i would he say he is slightly stronger

#7 Posted by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio

All of Batman suit is almost a living weapon and the cowl is a huge advantage for him with thermal goggles night vision, bullet proof etc, The only thing i can think is trying to lure Batman into a warehouse or a building with explosives and booby traps and tying to beat him.. Always at distance because at short range or in hand to hand Frank's dont have a chance.

#8 Posted by bjmorga (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't call a winner, but I would love to see some modern crossovers between DC and Marvel starting with a new Punisher/Batman. 

Heck, I'd love to see a new Grendel/Batman crossover. That was killer too!

#9 Posted by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like a reprint of Punisher/Batman...

#10 Posted by Darkerman (634 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.