Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

The Many Faces of The Punisher—How Violent Should He Get?

• 65 results
    Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#51  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Has he pissed off everyone.... yes, he still needs to be more violent!

sladewilson30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 21

#52  Edited By sladewilson30

let the punishment fit the crime
    Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Wattup

Well, the consensus is Ennis' Punisher is by far the best, which is true. I just can't stand Frank in the normal Marvel universe. He's got those white boots and white gloves, which make him seem like an anal-retentive vigilante and he's always very one-note. He'll kill scores of enemies when he's by himself but then Spidey pops up and it's all of a sudden non-lethal tactics.

ZZZZZZZZ........

perry_411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By perry_411
    @Timandm: Exactly my point, they just pile on these traits, but don't lead him anywhere. They guy is what, 60 now? He still has no idea what to do? Daken waste of character.
    Avatar image for the_devil_tiger
    The Devil Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By The Devil Tiger

Puniser Max is the best. 

In theory, it's a character so violent that the other should fear to cross over it. But now, I laugh when I see how the writers try to avoid him to meet some evil character, because it will be the death of one of them, if not the two. 

Also, the punisher is irrelevant in a world where death is a joke. Realistically, he should have died very quickly at the hand of some mutant or superpowered heroes or villain, like Wolverine, Deadpool or Bullseye.  

BlackRoseTessa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By BlackRoseTessa

shouldnt be  voilent for the sake of violence , should instead be  violent to enhance teh story ,
    _Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By _Zombie_

Garth Ennis's Punisher is still the best.  Heck, even Barracuda was well-played.  Normally the type of character who goes around saying 'n**ga every few sentences gets annoying, but Ennis did a very good job of making Barracuda a despicable a**hole.  That said, I also enjoyed Franken-Castle.  Though the part where Daken explodes into a giant mass of fleshy tumours kind of made me stop and ask 'what the f**k?'.   But overall, the MAX comics are the best.  It proves that even without superheroes you can still deliver an amazing story, and that's what Ennis accomplished with it.  Am I a little bummed that he's no longer on the project? Yeah.  But Moore isn't that bad himself.
    BK-77-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By BK-77-7

Please no more Franken Castle!  Everything other than that is fine by me!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Eyz

Big fan of the character, one of the 2-3 titles from Marvel I still use to (try) follow(ing).
    Steve Dillon era Punisher still is my favorite. But I also liked what they tried doing recently, before FrankenCastle, in the pages of War Journal/Zone. What with Frank going toe to toe against supervillains rather than the usual mob.

MonkeysDad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By MonkeysDad

I re-read "The Slavers" from Garth Ennis' MAX series last night.

Castle's at his scariest and most violent when he's calm and methodical in his planning, which is what Ennis really showed in his run. The punishment Frank wreaks on the family at the centre of that story will take some beating.

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By Feliciano2040
    @monkeysdad: ALL of the Punisher MAX stories by Garth Ennis will take SOME beating.
    bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62  Edited By bionder

The Punisher should stay as he is, violent.

punisher1031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timandm: he should ALWAYS be VERY VIOLENT and VERY DARK, he's the punisher, what did you expect?

punisher1031

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timandm: he should ALWAYS be VERY DARK and VERY VIOLENT, he's the punisher, what did you expect?, if you mess with him, you're done for

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No limit

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.