@cbishop:
lol fine u win, sory bout the sometimes dificult typing
#52 Posted by cbishop (15676 posts) - - Show Bio
@614azrael: "Sometimes?" ;)
#53 Posted by 614azrael (10462 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop:
ok maybe say 40% of the time ;)
#54 Posted by cbishop (15676 posts) - - Show Bio
@614azrael: On Wanted: no comment.  I've only read it once, and it was too long ago to be knowledgable on it.  The movie I remember better, but it was a completely different story, and I've said all I can on it. 

On Sabretooth being put down: no.  I think a jury might sentence him to death, but for a superhero to just take him down because "it needs to be done" is not cool.  We've covered this to the point of nausea though, so moving on... 

The prison thing I agree with: there definitely needs to be some new type of super prison built (both Marvel and DC).  There's never going to be a foolproof system, because some writer is always going to want to write the "breakout" story, once that system is in place, but it definitely needs to be harder than the power going out (like at Project: Pegasus). 

On the Hulk: you seem to be assuming someone could take him down and then revert him to Banner.  I'm assuming any attempt to bring him down is going to tick him off and make him more powerful, until it escalates to having to kill him.  But this is based on a post World War Hulk Hulk.  Way back in the Batman/ Hulk crossover (70's or 80's), Batman gassed the Hulk, and he reverted to Banner when he passed out.  So it's really up to the writer. 

I know this is kind of short, for how long you've waited, 'azrael, but that pretty much covers it.  Btw, you should stop worrying so much about offending people.  I have yet to read anything really offensive from you.  An opposing or even unpopular opinion doesn't offend me, as long as you don't mind hearing my side in return.  It's generally unneeded profanity and obscene pictures that are going to offend me.  You'll know, because I'll flag it for a mod to deal with. You're all good though.  ;)
#55 Posted by 614azrael (10462 posts) - - Show Bio
@cbishop:
thanks, and its fine that it was short just wanted thoughts and opinions in return :) good things deserve feedback. I however do think Hulk situations can be resolved without his demise. His power is through his agresion if someone such as say Xavier plants serene thoughts then his rath would subside. From there an alternative could be found instead of carnage. Its the characters that are truely agresive and destructive in past pressent and enepitable future that i can understand the removal of. A alternative should be looked for first however if the prison wouldnt keep them contained i could understand. In my opinion it is best that someone like Sabertooth would be best removed. Beter that he die instead of the men and women of law enforcement other heroes/heroins and countless civilians. Many people can(should) be contained but some are not worth the risk.
#56 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio

Great blog.  I totally agree.  Most "Heroes" that kill are not really heroes.  But because the "anti-hero" is cool, companies like Marvel have a guy like Wolverine there because his "badass" persona sells comics.

Killers sell comics.  One of the least praised Hellblazer stories is The Family Man. It is a story in which a serial killer is walking the streets and now is targeting someone John Constantine loves.  This is the only canon occasion where John Constantine uses a gun, much like Modern age Batman avoids the use of guns and not like the movie Version of ConstanTEEN where he has the Holy Shot Gun.  Part of the reason this story is not praised because John has a gun and is not just using it.  Jamie Delano is a very unrated writer because John's struggle to use the Gun, I believe is how most normal sane people would react.  People love to live their fantasies in other things, like Video games and comic books.  Since it is not right to just go all guns blazing, the glamor to do it is appealing to the masses.  This is not always a healthy view.  Some times a hero must kill, but their should be a difference between need and want.

Cheers!
- Silkcuts 

#57 Posted by LP (683 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Good post.
#58 Posted by Silkcuts (6040 posts) - - Show Bio
@LP:  Thank buddy.
#59 Posted by cbishop (15676 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silkcuts: Hey, Silk', I thought I had thanked you for your post, but I hadn't - sorry about that.  Thanks. :)  Good post.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.