Should Punisher be in the Avengers?

• 94 results
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#51 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#52 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

He might s well since everybody else is.Even Blade now

#53 Posted by the_stegman (40399 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: is Wolverine? I thought he got a pass from Shield. But yeah, don't get me started on Namor...

#54 Posted by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio
#55 Edited by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:
Mr. Dead Pool said:
"Punisher shouldn't be in The Avengers but DeadPool should definitaly join"
F#ck Deadpool.

I thought one of the rules of this site was no swearing.... don't care if your a mod or not. Personally I hate deadpool as much as anyone but there is no need for stupid stuff like this.

#56 Posted by Wolverine008 (51027 posts) - - Show Bio

He doesn't seem to care.

#57 Edited by frogdog (5557 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

F*ck no, he's a criminal.

Please he has cleaner rap sheet that anyone on the avengers.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
#58 Posted by Life_Without_Progress (25632 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering the beating Captain America gave Frank when Frank killed a couple of villains during Civil War, Captain America wouldn't even let him in

#59 Edited by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@vance_astro said:
Mr. Dead Pool said:
F#ck Deadpool.

I thought one of the rules of this site was no swearing.... don't care if your a mod or not. Personally I hate deadpool as much as anyone but there is no need for stupid stuff like this.

1. I wrote that 5 years ago and I wasn't a mod.

2. The way I used the word and substituted a letter is allowed on these forums.

#60 Edited by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@manchine said:

@vance_astro said:
Mr. Dead Pool said:
F#ck Deadpool.

1. I wrote that 5 years ago and I wasn't a mod.

2. The way I used the word and substituted a letter is allowed on these forums.

1) My mistake sorry didn't realize how old that was.

2) No rules doesn't say sub one letter. It says *** the word. I just looked it up again to make sure. =)

#61 Edited by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

2) No rules doesn't say sub one letter. It says *** the word. I just looked it up again to make sure. =)

So you're going to sit here and tell me the rules? I'm not the mod? We generally do not want profanity on the forums but ask any mod or staff member if substituting a letter is acceptable depending on the context. They will tell you, "yes"! We don't go after people for that and mods that came before me, didn't either..that's why I was never reprimanded although this is 5 years old. Of course it's not written in the rules and we almost never tell people this because we don't want to encourage bad habits,this is kind of something you learn from being around.

#62 Posted by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

So you're going to sit here and tell me the rules? I'm not the mod? We generally do not want profanity on the forums but ask any mod or staff member if substituting a letter is acceptable depending on the context. They will tell you, "yes"! We don't go after people for that and mods that came before me, didn't either..that's why I was never reprimanded although this is 5 years old. Of course it's not written in the rules and we almost never tell people this because we don't want to encourage bad habits,this is kind of something you learn from being around.

So if you brought this to your supervisor they wouldn't have problem with this? I thought this was a FAMILY friendly place. Substituting a letter doesn't even come close to making it a family friendly place.

Finding out this is 5 years old is not the big deal. I didn't go out and search for you or this. The big deal is finding out that nothing is really being done when someone actually does swear. I don't about changing a letter.its still swearing.you can easily tell what it is. More and more people are doing because nothing is being done as I now am finding out.

#64 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

So if you brought this to your supervisor they wouldn't have problem with this? I thought this was a FAMILY friendly place. Substituting a letter doesn't even come close to making it a family friendly place.

Finding out this is 5 years old is not the big deal. I didn't go out and search for you or this. The big deal is finding out that nothing is really being done when someone actually does swear. I don't about changing a letter.its still swearing.you can easily tell what it is. More and more people are doing because nothing is being done as I now am finding out.

Welcome to Comicvine.

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

No, he doesn't.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
#65 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6730 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@vance_astro said:

@manchine said:

The substituting one letter doesn't make much sense to me either, but it seems to be a commonly used way of blanking swearing, in most media.

Personally I just use the Nextwave way of censoring swearing, on the rare occasion I need to: ☠☠☠☠

#66 Edited by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@vance_astro said:

@manchine said:

Welcome to Comicvine.

@frogdog said:

@the_stegman said:

No, he doesn't.

So you're not gonna send this up to your supervisor?

#67 Posted by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

@vance_astro said:

@manchine said:

The substituting one letter doesn't make much sense to me either, but it seems to be a commonly used way of blanking swearing, in most media.

Personally I just use the Nextwave way of censoring swearing, on the rare occasion I need to:

☠☠☠☠

Family's don't usually watch Media News. At most they would watch local news and that is usual blanked out.

#68 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

So is no one going to address the elephant in the room that Thorson bumped another old thread? Back to the ways of old for him, I suppose?

As for Punisher, no he shouldn't but to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if he was included one day.

#69 Edited by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

I'm not sending anything up to anywhere. I'm not the one who has the problem. You called me out on something. You we're wrong, i'm moving on. If you want to continue to make a mountain out of a mole hill..be my guest but do it elsewhere because that's not what this thread is for.

#70 Edited by Manchine (6329 posts) - - Show Bio

@manchine said:

I'm not sending anything up to anywhere. I'm not the one who has the problem. You called me out on something. You we're wrong, i'm moving on. If you want to continue to make a mountain out of a mole hill..be my guest but do it elsewhere because that' not what this thread is for.

Kay. I have no problem with that. =)

#71 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

So is no one going to address the elephant in the room that Thorson bumped another old thread? Back to the ways of old for him, I suppose?

How is that the elephant in the room?

#72 Posted by z3ro180 (8778 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#73 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@the_stegman: So is Wolverine and Namor

I don't know why ANYONE would team up with Namor. People talk about Iron Man being a douchebag, but Namor...he's on another level.

#74 Edited by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@the_stegman: So is Wolverine and Namor

I don't know why ANYONE would team up with Namor. People talk about Iron Man being a douchebag, but Namor...he's on another level.

It's gotten to the point where Namor is almost unreadable, at least for me.

@vance_astro said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

How is that the elephant in the room?

He used to always bump old topics for troll purposes, I assumed this was similar.

#75 Posted by vance_astro (90093 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

He used to always bump old topics for troll purposes, I assumed this was similar.

If you bump an old thread. As long as you add something to it, it's fine.

#76 Posted by OmegaHans (267 posts) - - Show Bio
He should NEVER become an Avenger. Ever. It's bad enough they made him a Thunderbolt. He's not a hero. He's a renegade vigilant. He has always refused to play by the rules of masks and capes, that's why he is depicted the way he is. It's like coating an M-16 in cake frosting, it doesn't work. Few writers to this day know how to write the guy appropriately, but if it should ever go the route of Avengers... readers are going to really start questioning what the hell is wrong with the Avengers.
#77 Edited by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope he doesn't end up an Avenger and he shouldn't be in Thunderbolts.

The Punisher works solo or with some tech nerd helping him with intel for missions.

#78 Posted by Extremis (3794 posts) - - Show Bio
#79 Posted by AllaithAlsaleh (497 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunder_god: @g_bandit: @the_stegman: The punisher is a man who's second name is badass he shouldn't join a team that has a BOY wearing red and blue tights he's way too cool Punisher should Join forces with Wolverine and Ghost Rider maybe not a childish league

#80 Edited by THORSON (4973 posts) - - Show Bio

i wouldn't mind it.

#81 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio
#82 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I doubt it, that's his purpos. Take that away and you'll get the shell of a character that is current Wolverine.

#83 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: I doubt it, that's his purpos. Take that away and you'll get the shell of a character that is current Wolverine.

Agreed

#84 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess Blade is a lot more mellow than Frank lol,because it seems to work for him in Mighty Avengers

#85 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I guess Blade is a lot more mellow than Frank lol,because it seems to work for him in Mighty Avengers

Blade is a lot more mellow and he also mostly kills things that don't look human and so he gets a pass.

#86 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Blade is a lot more mellow and he also mostly kills things that don't look human and so he gets a pass.

very true

Avatar image for symbioticspider-man
#88 Posted by SymbioticSpider-Man (3595 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think so. He works on his own terms, not by whatever anyone tells him. Nick Fury needs his army, Frank Castle is the army.

#89 Posted by daviddv0601 (259 posts) - - Show Bio

If Black Widow can use guns to KILL villains, Punisher would be an awesome addition!

#90 Posted by arthurkerr (2215 posts) - - Show Bio

Thor has killed more then anybody and yet he us very respected.

#91 Posted by Yassassin (7798 posts) - - Show Bio

What has Frank done that Wolverine hasn't?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#92 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

It would look good on paper, but Frank doesn't operate well as a team player on a team that isn't fond of how he handles the bad guys.

#93 Edited by Darah (161 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont see him being able to get along with the average Avengers team.

#94 Posted by kgb725 (19897 posts) - - Show Bio

@castiel_18: Worked fine on the Thunderbolts. Frank would probably do well on the secret Avengers

#95 Edited by namelessnoname (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Most Marvel characters are hypocrites, they view Frank as a sociopath who doesn't have the right to kill anyone, but they not only turn a blind eye on other characters, but on themselves as well, and they've gone after him for doing the same that they have done... why would he want to join people like that??? The Punisher's time on Thunderbolts was very shorted lived and it didn't end well at all, that's not a good example to use.

Most super hero teams don't fight the Mafia, gangs or hardly anyone in the criminal underworld (that's who the Punisher fights, a lot of people here seem to have forgotten that), they go after super villains that they've been fighting for decades... see the problem with that????

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.