Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Punisher's origin in Born mini-series

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Brit

I need to get this off of my chest,  I was reading the forum  "Is he immortal?" and it confused me. The Born mini series told the origin of the Punisher MAX, my question is did Frank  made a deal with the Devil to become the Grim Reaper for criminals or did he underwent a psychological transformation due to the trauma of the Vietnam war and with the murder of his family unleashed what he turned into? Those who have read the mini series, I need your opinion. Thanks!!

CDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By CDiablo

I read this a few weeks back. My interpretation of it is him finally "losing it." His last connection to anything good and sane was gone. As for the end of the comic I don't think it was some supernatural force saying he was going to have his family killed. It was himself saying that in the condition that the war left him he would never be able to be a family man. He knew on sight of them way or another he would lose them.

N0rman_Osb0rn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By N0rman_Osb0rn
    @CDiablo said:
    " I read this a few weeks back. My interpretation of it is him finally "losing it." His last connection to anything good and sane was gone. As for the end of the comic I don't think it was some supernatural force saying he was going to have his family killed. It was himself saying that in the condition that the war left him he would never be able to be a family man. He knew on sight of them way or another he would lose them. "
    Agreed, him losing it in the last issue is what it means by I AM IMMORTAL

His type of justice will be immortal. Because if its not him it will be one more person an so on an so on.
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bringdeath

I'm sorry that the is he immortal forum confused you...But i'm gonna try and explain born.Anyway feel free to correct me.

In Born It explains frank in the war of course frank served in many a tour but this one is special because it explains why he is the punisher it shows that frank loved war he liked the blood and when he was talking to the"voice" it was quite technically death himself actually and due to the fact that frank loved war death offered him the chance for his war to never end born explains that frank has an urge to want to punish the guilty for instance theres a part in born when frank and his men run into enemy sniper's his men kill one and wound the other than one of them goes up to the wounded vietcong who is a woman. The soldier than progresses to rape her but when captain castle arrive's he mortally wounds the vietcong explaining"Where here to kill the enemy...that' all" Later the soldier who raped the vietcong is seen washing the blood off of his face from the brutal execution Captain Castle then progresses to drowning the man in the bloodied water in which this brutal murder was witnessed by another soldier. Later Captain castle Tell's the soldier that he knew he was there and that frank felt like he wanted to punish him. Death offered frank the chance to continue his war a never ending war as the punisher .... so actually what you stated in both of your opinions that he became the grim reaper and underwent a psychological transformation ..but I suggest you read born it is truly one of the finest punisher's you'll ever read it shook me to my core so seriously read it it's great and if you want a more in depth look into Frank pick up the mini THE END..That's great also well all of The punisher is great just those especially .I hope I answered your question once again anyone feel free to correct me if I have any error's in the punisher's Origin.  :}

Goki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Goki
    @bringdeath said:
    "

I'm sorry that the is he immortal forum confused you...But i'm gonna try and explain born.Anyway feel free to correct me.

In Born It explains frank in the war of course frank served in many a tour but this one is special because it explains why he is the punisher it shows that frank loved war he liked the blood and when he was talking to the"voice" it was quite technically death himself actually and due to the fact that frank loved war death offered him the chance for his war to never end born explains that frank has an urge to want to punish the guilty for instance theres a part in born when frank and his men run into enemy sniper's his men kill one and wound the other than one of them goes up to the wounded vietcong who is a woman. The soldier than progresses to rape her but when captain castle arrive's he mortally wounds the vietcong explaining"Where here to kill the enemy...that' all" Later the soldier who raped the vietcong is seen washing the blood off of his face from the brutal execution Captain Castle then progresses to drowning the man in the bloodied water in which this brutal murder was witnessed by another soldier. Later Captain castle Tell's the soldier that he knew he was there and that frank felt like he wanted to punish him. Death offered frank the chance to continue his war a never ending war as the punisher .... so actually what you stated in both of your opinions that he became the grim reaper and underwent a psychological transformation ..but I suggest you read born it is truly one of the finest punisher's you'll ever read it shook me to my core so seriously read it it's great and if you want a more in depth look into Frank pick up the mini THE END..That's great also well all of The punisher is great just those especially .I hope I answered your question once again anyone feel free to correct me if I have any error's in the punisher's Origin.  :}

"
    The End was glorious. A nice fitting touch to the "End" of Castle
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bringdeath
    @Goki said:
    "@bringdeath said:
    "

"
    The End was glorious. A nice fitting touch to the "End" of Castle"
    It truly was it truly was...
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Brit
    @CDiablo said:
    " I read this a few weeks back. My interpretation of it is him finally "losing it." His last connection to anything good and sane was gone. As for the end of the comic I don't think it was some supernatural force saying he was going to have his family killed. It was himself saying that in the condition that the war left him he would never be able to be a family man. He knew on sight of them way or another he would lose them. "
    Thanks dude!! I won't lose any sleep tonight.
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Brit
    @N0rman_Osb0rn said:
    " @CDiablo said:
    Agreed, him losing it in the last issue is what it means by I AM IMMORTAL His type of justice will be immortal. Because if its not him it will be one more person an so on an so on. "
    Amen to that!!
    Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think its definitely  a  psycholgical journey into The Punisher. it just fits in with the realism of The Punisher max.  But its really up to the reader to make a conclusion.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.