Punisher new writer: Greg Rucka

Posted by striker77 (57 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just great news, one of my favourite writers Greg Rucka is taking over Punisher I think he's perfect for the job

No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by jamesewelch (677 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never read any of Rucka's books, but from the interview he gave and the quotes I read, I think he perfectly understands the character. I can't wait to read the series. I hope his writing is as good as his understanding of Frank.

#2 Posted by Brit (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Rucka. Frank Castle. It's a match made in...maybe not Heaven but it'll be a helluva ride, I can't wait!!

#3 Posted by bjmorga (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a huge Punisher fan and this just seems like a perfect fit. I literally have every Punisher issue ever published and I think this could be one of those Golden Age opportunities. Rucka gets Frank on paper. I hope the execution of his Punisher philosophy translates well to the page.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
#4 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23389 posts) - - Show Bio

Greg Rucka is one of the best in the industry today, he's no Morrison or Waid, but that doesn't mean this isn't great news for Punisher fans.

#5 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

Can anyone link me up to an interview?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.