Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

one of marvels worst?

• 64 results
    KanniBalKinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By KanniBalKinG

Punisher is the only reason i will even look in Marvels direction nowdays he is exactly what i look for in a hero, costumed super heroes FTL, its also about time they did punisher right in a video game. 

The same with you not getting the Punisher craze is the same way i don't get why so many flock to Deadpool, he's not that great, same goes for the other popular costumed heroes that everyone else promotes and flocks too.

ADayWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By ADayWalker

well hell, I guess Marvel didnt feel like stradling the fence with him having some sort of serum or (way over--used) healing factor

I mean, some of these heros are getting nuked and smiling in the fire! The Marvel excuse "Oh, well he has a healing factor far superior to that of an average man..." In this case, Deadpool, Wolvie (all the canadian project-kids) can give heavy hitters a good fight, why? Because they can't die! 

These "Weapon X" test dummies can live thru everything! Think about how many of them are just hanging around! Why fight a guy who can have his body ripped off and thrown miles apart? (Wolverine) Or a guy who can stick his head back on after being ginsu'd? (Deadpool) 

But Drax went behind Thanos and one-inched his heart out..."interesting" 

I appreciate the Punisher, because he's a real human, hanging in there with people that have over the top powers and surviving...with the stupid acception of him getting diced by Daken...which is crap... 

SUPPORT PUN, movies suck, but he's a bad a**!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@JaYDaFuRy:
    you must know in real world somepeople believe we maybe never have superman or spider-man , but we may have a punisher, the guy don't care himself anymore , just want bad guy be punish ,
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By cody1984
    @JaYDaFuRy said:
    "@Donovan Montgomery: from what i seen punisher is the exact opposite of crafty. he just does things as a vigilante, runnin and gunnin people up "

This comment tells me you never read a punisher comic book in your entire life.
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 137

#55  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

i dont really like him that much and i dont really count him as a hero,
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#56  Edited By cody1984
    @JaYDaFuRy said:
    "

@brc2000:
    regardless Hal is powerless, and John is too, except for the amazing power of "WILL", but were talking about punisher, i just want to hear different oppinions i think hes overhyped.

"

He's one of the most underrated characters in 616.  He's taken down big name characters because of him being a master stratigest not inventing some puesdo scienfic item like Batman and Reed Richards do to overcome enemies that they should have no business fighting because they would get killed.  Batman is the poster boy of PIS and CIS when he fights enemies that are way tougher than him.  Also deadpool is one of the worst characters ever written in marvel comics history.  The character is written as a deliberate joke that is why he knows he is a comic book character because they decided to write a character with no depth to him. 
    gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By gravitypress

Why does everyone need powers, then stronger powers, then stronger again? He is the perfect street level character. He cleans the streets and doesn't cost the taxpayers money by acting a judge jury and executioner.

Avatar image for iknoweverything
    IKnowEverything

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By IKnowEverything

I love the Punisher. He is my favorite... (arguably super)hero. 

I have always thought Batman was a poorly written emo version of Punisher. 

nadral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By nadral

Captain America doesn't have super powers either. Marvel's made it clear that their characters don't need super powers to hang with the big boys if they have other skills, and the Punisher has a goal, a sharp mind and extreme talent with fire arms. He's also a character with an interesting background and unique perspective. 

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#60  Edited By bionder

not to talk about the experience he has as a special ops, that was very useful in civil war

Dracade102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: -1

#61  Edited By Dracade102
    @IKnowEverything said:
    I love the Punisher. He is my favorite... (arguably super)hero.     I have always thought Batman was a poorly written emo version of Punisher. 

Most flawless explanation ever!!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By PowerHerc

He's good because of the tragedy of his origin and his supreme drive and dedication to his mission; without powers.

beetlebum3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By beetlebum3

I got into the Punisher at issue  21 and I though it was the greatest thing to have a normal / non superpower old man hero. It really blew my 14 year old Spiderman and Hulk saturated mind.  

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#64  Edited By PowerHerc

He's so highly regarded because of his tenacity, dedication, the danger he presents and his track record against everyone he fight.

He's very, very badass for a normal human.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.