MCU Punisher's View on Justice

#1 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

For those who aren't familiar with his opinion on criminals, he believes that they should simply be killed, instead of walking free in the streets after leaving prison. For example, look at Wilson Fisk. He's barely being punished at all. He practically owns the prison.

If you were in his shoes, would you do the same thing/ have the same point of view? I know this has been discussed before, but I'm talking more about the Netflix series exclusively.

#2 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody?

#3 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

i would kill people that are too extreme like isis

#4 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

i would kill people that are too extreme like isis

But what about people like pedophiles, rapists, or the drug dealers/gangs? Those are the main groups of people Frank targets.

#5 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr0mister: i would kill Pedophiles and Rapists but not the Drug Dealers i would kill the gang members that kill people but not the ones that don't i would show mercy to some depends on the situation

#6 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@lettsplay10: So in your eyes, it's better to kill them instead of the chance of letting them walk free?

#7 Posted by lettsplay10 (20589 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#8 Edited by Ready_4_Madness (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one thing to say you'd kill someone but that's crazy. Killing is absolutely crazy. But I do believe if you're going to be a vigilante, you have to finish the job.

#9 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

It's one thing to say you'd kill someone but that's crazy. Killing is absolutely crazy. But I do believe if you're going to be a vigilante, you have to finish the job.

How is killing absolutely crazy? Police officers and soldiers kill people. I wouldn't consider them crazy

#10 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr0mister: taking someone's life away is a scary thought, that's playing God.

Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#11 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31809 posts) - - Show Bio

@ready_4_madness: Then go starve to death, because your entire existence has life and death consequences for other things. Be it plants, animals, or people.

#12 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17154 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for mylittlefascist
#13 Posted by MyLittleFascist (31809 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: you're willing to kill someone?

Anyone will kill under the right circumstances, unless they are complete wimp.

#14 Edited by gokuss4z (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd kill every criminal I came into contact with even the ones that did petty stuff.

#15 Posted by hyiena (5371 posts) - - Show Bio

Boondock Saint! Where do I sign up?

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
#16 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7023 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio

@gokuss4z said:

I'd kill every criminal I came into contact with even the ones that did petty stuff.

Even somebody who stole a loaf of bread to feed his starving family?

#18 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7023 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (17154 posts) - - Show Bio

@zetsumoto: a human can do anything depending on the circumstances that doesn't make those things morally correct. Punisher doesn't have to kill all the people that he does, some people who come out of prison change for the better. Punisher is a murderer, he contradicts himself when he wrongfully kills someone.

#20 Edited by Mr0Mister (414 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7023 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Edited by gokuss4z (3423 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr0mister: Ok only violent criminals I'd just give someone like that money to buy food.

#23 Posted by GeorgeWBush (12477 posts) - - Show Bio

The government slaughters scores of innocent people every year in proxy wars, drone strikes, or in war- One man kills individuals who harm others rapists, murderers, violent criminals and he gets called a vigilante just because his usage of force isn't state sanctioned.

I agree with him in principle, Frank Castle is Jesus christ

#24 Posted by Nite_Nite (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

As a soldier in the army. There's no black and white when it comes to killing. It's all based off selfish reasons. I knew that before entering and the army backed that up with actions taken.

Isis isn't the worst not the end all be all. America has done things even worse and very similar. Our beef with Isis is them messing with our governments control of things in the Middle East. A foreign land across the ocean. The Middle East is a top producer in oil. Isis was created and trained by western countries and powers. We had the leader of Isis detained before they really started to expand and take over, and we released him. There's larger motifs at hand with these things. You know how many deaths guys in Isis have witnessed because of the US? Actions have reactions. That's all there is to it.

Frank Castle is a criminal and should be stopped or put down like other criminals. Haven't watched the series. Only in general.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#25 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda agree with his principle but I do agree that many people change for the better after leaving prison.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b84aca03eae8
#26 Posted by deactivated-5b84aca03eae8 (6261 posts) - - Show Bio

It depends on the type of criminal as petty ones don't deserve death as a punishment, but murderers, rapists, kidnappers, drug dealers, and pedophiles deserve to die for all the pain and suffering they've caused.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.