Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2804 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Is MCU Punisher overly angry?

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
    deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Honestly, I have watched several clips from the Daredevil show but he seems overly angry, is he always like that? The old live action Punishers and the comic version were more professional, this one looks batshit insane.

Avatar image for deactivated-6155f5fcc6972
    deactivated-6155f5fcc6972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know man seeing your wife and child get murdered, that's a lot to handle.

True that but compared to other Punishers, he doesn't give me the vibe of the regular Punisher. Maybe, we'll see him like that later on?

Immolation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Immolation

Punisher seemed pretty angry in Year One. Maybe the MCU version will become more cold and calculated as time passes, like his comic counterpart.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starsprime3: in the daredevil season, Punisher is still trying to figure out why his family was killed and punish everyone involved. It's all very fresh and he hasn't confronted the death of his family, he's mostly avoided it. At the end of the story arc, it implies that he might not be that angry and rash going forward. I'm sure we will see a different side going forward. There are some actions in DD committed by Frank that almost imply he has massive survivor's guilt and is just trying to exact revenge and more than willing to die trying.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.