Is Howard Saint a Comic Character??

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2265 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the villain in the punisher movie with thomas jane.  he is played by john travolta.  is he at all a comic book character, or did they completely make him up for the movie.  i mean, the movie is half based on the punisher story with ma gnucci, and saint does similar stuff to what ma gnucci does.  however he is male and killed punisher's family and all, and the movie is also based on other arcs.  so is howard saint a comic character??

No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by TheRedHelm (25 posts) - - Show Bio

No.
Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
#2 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2265 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheRedHelm: thanks 
i get why they switched it from ma gnucci--mainly, they didnt want that death scene to be done to a woman--but even though i really liked the film, i just didnt think he worked as a villain. 
#3 Posted by RavenVice01 (4586 posts) - - Show Bio

@violet_eyed_dragon: I'm not sure who they could have casted to play Ma Gnucci. Maybe Susan Saradon. I kinda thought Howard Saint was based off Bruno Costa. Oh well.

#4 Posted by bionder (330 posts) - - Show Bio

@ravenvice01: Unfortunately, they wanted to use him as "Jigsaw" in the 2004 game. We all know that Jigsaw is Billy Russo and not Howard Saint. But they wanted to create a new persona for Jigsaw. Dumb move.

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
#5 Posted by deactivated-5988def3424a7 (5386 posts) - - Show Bio

No and he was a terrible villain.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.