Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2804 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Frank's military career in 616 and MAX

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Brit

OK, we all know that the MAX universe is almost different from the main Marvel universe also known as 616. In the 616 universe, Frank went through all the required training; he even attained dockets to train with the Army Airborne and the Navy S.E.A.L.s. If you have read the Punisher MAX: Valley Forge, Valley Forge tpb, it stated there that Frank was a member of the Recon Marines for the most part of his tour of duty. What I'm pointing out is this article mixes Frank's military career with both universes. I'm just pointing that out, maybe if we can split the 616 from the MAX then it would be easier to understand. Thanks for taking the time to read my two cents!!

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bringdeath
    @Brit said:
    "OK, we all know that the MAX universe is almost different from the main Marvel universe also known as 616. In the 616 universe, Frank went through all the required training; he even attained dockets to train with the Army Airborne and the Navy S.E.A.L.s. If you have read the Punisher MAX: Valley Forge, Valley Forge tpb, it stated there that Frank was a member of the Recon Marines for the most part of his tour of duty. What I'm pointing out is this article mixes Frank's military career with both universes. I'm just pointing that out, maybe if we can split the 616 from the MAX then it would easier to understand. Thanks for taking the time to read my two cents!! "

Actually if I'm not mistaken In the max universe Frank was part of special forces,and classified operations before he was marine recon  right, now the 616 verse i'm really don't understand rightnow but with his back groundas it is in the max verse i think he did  have training with marines,and navy,not real sure but what really seperates the two is his training ,So in max frank was just a marine while in 616 he was pretty much every branch. And the max universe takes place in the real world sooo I can really see how its confusing Hell even I get confused allota times
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Brit
    @bringdeath said:

" @Brit said:

"OK, we all know that the MAX universe is almost different from the main Marvel universe also known as 616. In the 616 universe, Frank went through all the required training; he even attained dockets to train with the Army Airborne and the Navy S.E.A.L.s. If you have read the Punisher MAX: Valley Forge, Valley Forge tpb, it stated there that Frank was a member of the Recon Marines for the most part of his tour of duty. What I'm pointing out is this article mixes Frank's military career with both universes. I'm just pointing that out, maybe if we can split the 616 from the MAX then it would easier to understand. Thanks for taking the time to read my two cents!! "

Actually if I'm not mistaken In the max universe Frank was part of special forces,and classified operations before he was marine recon  right, now the 616 verse i'm really don't understand rightnow but with his back groundas it is in the max verse i think he did  have training with marines,and navy,not real sure but what really seperates the two is his training ,So in max frank was just a marine while in 616 he was pretty much every branch. And the max universe takes place in the real world sooo I can really see how its confusing Hell even I get confused allota times "
    Hehe I'm also confused but I agree with you that in the MAX universe Frank is solely a Marine. In fact from what I've read, you have to pass Recruit Training and Infantry School to join the Special Forces of the USMC and at that time (1960's) it was the Recon Marines. Frank qualified to be a Recon Marine and he served the most part of his military career with the Recon Marines doing numerous classified operations, hell he even became the designated Scout Sniper in his second tour. We all know what happened on his third tour. Thanks for your insight!! :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.