Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Do you think the Punisher is a Libertarian?

evildupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By evildupe

I read a couple of old issues illustrated by whilce portacio. I think it was number 41 where he was a substitute teacher taking down drug dealers working for the kingpin. It was pretty cool. Anyway, it got me thinking. The narration is always in first person. Do you think the punisher's ever said anything to reveal how he feels about government and taxes? I think he may be a Libertarian, but what do you think?

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By joshmightbe

I don't think politics really matter to him

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By gravitypress

His only goal is punishing one person at a time. Politics at all probably piss him off.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic

Has he ever targeted crooked politicians, because that would make for a pretty cool fallout. 

MrMiracle77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By MrMiracle77

Depends on the writer and how much political self-injection they engage in.

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By bringdeath

Read In the beginning In the max series there is a brief moment where frank discusses the issue with government funded war's and government officials
    cody1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By cody1984

If you have to classify the Punisher politically he would be to the right on the political spectrum. The Punisher is surely for the death penalty without a doubt, and has a mistrust of government that is quite obvious.

@The_Peter_Cosmic said:

Has he ever targeted crooked politicians, because that would make for a pretty cool fallout.

He's dealt with them before during Mike Baron's run and Garth Ennis Marvel Knights run.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8  Edited By bionder

I think that " In the End" when he found the shelter he killed some politicians too.

Avatar image for the_peter_cosmic
    The_Peter_Cosmic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Peter_Cosmic
    @Bionder: I just read the last part of In The End to check. It was people who were profiteering from the world war, there could have been politicians in that bunker (the president was stated to be in another bunker), but it didn't explicitly say.
    bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10  Edited By bionder

yeah thanks for that, i wasn't sure either. I remember in Mike Baron's Run, Frank kills some familiar related to a politician because he was connected to some kind of drug cartel. That politician begins a manhunt to capture Frank with some special police task force V.I.G.I.L. i guess. I liked that arc.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By Superguy0009e

in the ultimate universe, he talked about how he wanted sarah palin to win the election

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.