Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2804 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

Disney are really sinking their teeth in

• 55 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5af7470263a09
    deactivated-5af7470263a09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Check out the pointless goofery of Frankencastle. If this isnt Disney taking liberties with their new properties i dunno what it is. Seems to me The Punisher is being watered down and pushed into increasingly kiddie friendly states of  ridiculous. 

Disney exec to minions: " There seems to be a rather dark and intelligently written book called "The Punisher". Im giving two days  to make this title more audience friendly so our fans dont end up like the  perverted degenerates  that are currently reading it."

(43 seconds later) Nameless Minion: Make him  a monster and call him Franken Castle? Seems like theres a lot of room for character development there. 

Disney Exec: Ah yes take him in a new direction. I like that. Next. 

please note: as theres nothing we can do about this accept bitch and complain, lets make this thread as light hearted as possible.
    Avatar image for anderson__agent_of_smith
    Anderson: Agent of SMITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

You do realize that this whole FrankenCastle nonsense started well before the buyout, right?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By danhimself

you've got to be kidding me right?  Frankencasle adds have been running for like 4 or 5 months now and he debued like 2 months ago while the deal with Disney just became finalized on December 31st 

do some research before you go off on a rant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Anderson: Agent of SMITH:
    I did not. I took it as an omen of doom for marvel comics.
    Agent Buttons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Agent Buttons
    wow.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

you know what I see a kid friendly deadpool and I'm dropping everything marvel and moving over to DC and Top Cow

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:
    " you've got to be kidding me right?  Frankencasle adds have been running for like 4 or 5 months now and he debued like 2 months ago while the deal with Disney just became finalized on December 31st  do some research before you go off on a rant "
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

@aztek the lost said:
    " @reaper2923 said:
    " you know what I see a kid friendly deadpool and I'm dropping everything marvel and moving over to DC and Top Cow "
    what isn't kid-friendly about Deadpool already? "

If they take away his killing
    inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Let's say a comic came out today. 
    2 months prior it was solicited in Diamond. 
    With Diamond, they need the solicit, which means the book is completed (or close) 4 to 5 months prior to the solicit. 
    So this issue was finished, or close to finished 5-8 months prior to the release date. 
    The idea for the story probably came up and was pitched a month or three prior to that 

The Frankencastle story was most likely developed over a year ago.  
    Disney didn't own Marvel officially until a week or two ago.  

We're going to see a lot of this in the upcoming months, people blaming Disney for something they don't agree with. Ignore it. Disney shouldn't be the scapegoat... The editor-in-chief should be.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11  Edited By The_Martian
    @inferiorego: Exactly.
    No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By No_Name_
    @aztek the lost said:
    " @reaper2923 said:
    " you know what I see a kid friendly deadpool and I'm dropping everything marvel and moving over to DC and Top Cow "
    what isn't kid-friendly about Deadpool already? "
    This is full of win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inferiorego:
    Yeah i pretty much agree.  Although i admit i had incorrect information. I was under the belief that disney bought marvel back in september.
    Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Nothing but good thing will come from this buyin

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By John Valentine
    @kev17 said:
    " @inferiorego: Yeah i pretty much agree.  Although i admit i had incorrect information. I was under the belief that disney bought marvel back in september. "
    Point still stands... Frankencastle would have been drafted months prior.
    jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16  Edited By jamesewelch

Doesn't everyone already know that Warner Brothers (Bugs Bunny, Looney Toons, etc.) owns DC? Why would you have faith in DC not to put Daffy and Bugs next to Batman, but not give Marvel & Disney the same about of respect?

I really fail to see why everyone is freaking out over the Marvel/Disney deal. It's the same thing that DC/Warner Brothers have had for years.

Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Brit

Don't be surprised if Frank ends up as one of the Jonas Brothers or Hannah's bodyguard..

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
    @jamesewelch said:
    " Doesn't everyone already know that Warner Brothers (Bugs Bunny, Looney Toons, etc.) owns DC? Why would you have faith in DC not to put Daffy and Bugs next to Batman, but not give Marvel & Disney the same about of respect?  I really fail to see why everyone is freaking out over the Marvel/Disney deal. It's the same thing that DC/Warner Brothers have had for years. "
    This.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By Caligula

FrankenCastle is the best thing to happen to the Punisher comics in forever. 

-before FrankenCastle every issue was the exact same, monotnous bull$*!% over and over again, frank meets badguy, frank then kills badguy. 
    -Frank had no morals or values, and was completely unrelatable, and un-heroic. I would've rather seen him lose than win. He was a heartless monster. who was just as evil as those he was killing. if not more so. 
    -FrankenCastle, has just made the Exterior of the character match the hideous interior. 
    -Hopefully, they have turned Frank from a hate-filled killing machine, into a tragic and sympathetic character. 
     -the art in FrankenCastle is amazing 
    I for one am glad to see them doing something different with the Punisher. Hopefully out of all this Castle gains a heart and a Soul. 

Before Franken-Castle I hated the Punisher character. it's about time to move onward from tired homicidal gimmick he has carried so long. they may have lost the Mindless, lets shoot-em all fanboys. but they are gaining a more intelligent, story driven fan-base.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Korg
    @Caligula said:
    " Frank had no morals or values"
    This could hardly be more wrong.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Caligula
    @Korg said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " Frank had no morals or values"
    This could hardly be more wrong. "

whatever dude you have obviously not read many punisher comics, the Guy Slaughters people left and right, he is an alcoholic, he is hardly a hero. he is just as much a villain as the people whom he needlessly murders. 

and don't give me BS about his family was killed that is no excuse, Bruce Wayne, Kal-El and many others have had their family's murdered and they dedicated their lives to trying bring peace and Justice, not revenge and lawlessness.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PrinceIMC

I love that Disney bought Marvel. Y'know who's good at marketing? Disney. Movies, toys, merchandise and theme parks. I'm hoping for a Disney caliber Marvel Theme Park.....that'd be so sweet. Baxter Building, X-Mansion, Avengers Mansion, Doom's Castle.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Caligula
    @PrinceIMC said:
    "I love that Disney bought Marvel. Y'know who's good at marketing? Disney. Movies, toys, merchandise and theme parks. I'm hoping for a Disney caliber Marvel Theme Park.....that'd be so sweet. Baxter Building, X-Mansion, Avengers Mansion, Doom's Castle. "

I agree :D
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Korg
    @Caligula said:
    " whatever dude you have obviously not read many punisher comics, 
    Wrong again. I read them, and also understand them. 

@Caligula said:
    " the Guy Slaughters people left and right"
    Yes, he slaughters murderers and rapists and the rest of the scum that people like Spider-Man essentially give free passes to. He does not kill innocents. Captain America has also slaughtered people. Does this mean he suddenly has no morals? Of course not. 

@Caligula said:
    " he is hardly a hero"
    That's right, because he is, and always has been, an anti-hero. 

@Caligula said:
    " he is just as much a villain as the people whom he needlessly murders. "
    No, he isn't. If he is, so are Wolverine, Cable, Cap, and many other "heroes". 

@Caligula said:
    " and don't give me BS about his family was killed that is no excuse, Bruce Wayne, Kal-El and many others have had their family's murdered and they dedicated their lives to trying bring peace and Justice, not revenge and lawlessness. "
    Yes, and Batman's negligent handling of his foes has lead to many needless casualties. Also, don't give me that BS about fighting for peace. Violence begets violence, and Superman and Batman are just as bad as the people they beat up.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caligula
    @Korg said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " whatever dude you have obviously not read many punisher comics, 
    Wrong again. I read them, and also understand them. 

@Caligula said:
    " the Guy Slaughters people left and right"
    Yes, he slaughters murderers and rapists and the rest of the scum that people like Spider-Man essentially give free passes to. He does not kill innocents. Captain America has also slaughtered people. Does this mean he suddenly has no morals? Of course not. 

@Caligula said:
    " he is hardly a hero"
    That's right, because he is, and always has been, an anti-hero. 

@Caligula said:
    " he is just as much a villain as the people whom he needlessly murders. "
    No, he isn't. If he is, so are Wolverine, Cable, Cap, and many other "heroes". 

@Caligula said:
    " and don't give me BS about his family was killed that is no excuse, Bruce Wayne, Kal-El and many others have had their family's murdered and they dedicated their lives to trying bring peace and Justice, not revenge and lawlessness. "
    Yes, and Batman's negligent handling of his foes has lead to many needless casualties. Also, don't give me that BS about fighting for peace. Violence begets violence, and Superman and Batman are just as bad as the people they beat up. "

Logan and Cable are not heros either, I have no respect for heros that kill. 

-an eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
    Batman, Superman, and other heros that don't have to kill to save are real heros.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Korg
    @Caligula said:
    "Logan and Cable are not heros either, I have no respect for heros that kill.  -an eye for an eye makes the world go blind.Batman, Superman, and other heros that don't have to kill to save are real heros. "
    Batman and Superman have both killed. Sorry to break it to you.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Caligula
    @Korg said:
    " @Caligula said:
    "Logan and Cable are not heros either, I have no respect for heros that kill.  -an eye for an eye makes the world go blind.Batman, Superman, and other heros that don't have to kill to save are real heros. "
    Batman and Superman have both killed. Sorry to break it to you. "

dude I know they have. but it's not like their policy. that's all Punisher is. there is nothing more to him than Murder in the name of Vengence, and I'm sorry if I need a little more to my stories, than Frank is pissed now watch him kill. (that's the entire Punisher storyline ever!)
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Korg
    @Caligula said:

" dude I know they have. "

So they are not heroes. Glad we cleared that up.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
    deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

@Caligula said:
    that's all Punisher is. there is nothing more to him than Murder in the name of Vengence,
    Considering your avatar is Spawn who does just that....this argument is invalid. 

In one of the very issues, Al Simmons murders a pedophile/rapist. Ties him up in cocoon of sorts and leave a note on it about how he made the guy scream...and scream...and scream.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Billy Kincaid's brutal death at the hands of Spawn
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Caligula
    @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    that's all Punisher is. there is nothing more to him than Murder in the name of Vengence,
    Considering your avatar is Spawn who does just that....this argument is invalid.    In one of the very issues, Al Simmons murders a pedophile/rapist. Ties him up in cocoon of sorts and leave a note on it about how he made the guy scream...and scream...and scream. "

Spawn is also a Demon/Villain. I don't Consider Spawn as a Hero by any means? where did I ever say that. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Caligula said:
    " @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Considering your avatar is Spawn who does just that....this argument is invalid.    In one of the very issues, Al Simmons murders a pedophile/rapist. Ties him up in cocoon of sorts and leave a note on it about how he made the guy scream...and scream...and scream. "
    Spawn is also a Demon/Villain. I don't Consider Spawn as a Hero by any means? where did I ever say that.  "
    But you read his comics and support his actions. Saying you like him even though he kills but hate Punisher because he kills is a double standard
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Caligula
    @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    " @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Spawn is also a Demon/Villain. I don't Consider Spawn as a Hero by any means? where did I ever say that.  "
    But you read his comics and support his actions. Saying you like him even though he kills but hate Punisher because he kills is a double standard "

whoa whoa whoa, I don't hate the Punisher solely because he kills. that's not what I said, that was only part of the statement sir, I said I hate punisher because he is monotonus and repetetive, hence "Frank meets BadGuy, Frank Kills Badguy" Spawn has been taken in many directions, Punisher has always been the same over and over again, and i simply stated that I like the new Direction they are trying.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah I see. Well carry on good sir

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Caligula
    @TheDrifter said:
    "
    "

yep, I know this. and your point? Spawn isn't dull and repetitive, Punisher isn't anymore because of FrankenCastle. but he was.
    jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By jacobyLIVE

What I've noticed about Disney singling their teeth into Marvels beautiful,comic skin is that there are TONS of advertisements allll over the internet now telling you to subscribe to Marvel's online comic deal. Disney will own the world. And if I ever see Mickey ears on Spidey,I'm gonna cry

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Caligula
    @jacobyLIVE said:
    "What I've noticed about Disney singling their teeth into Marvels beautiful,comic skin is that there are TONS of advertisements allll over the internet now telling you to subscribe to Marvel's online comic deal. Disney will own the world. And if I ever see Mickey ears on Spidey,I'm gonna cry "

that won't happen, Disney buying Marvel is a good thing. WB and DC have been doing this for years, I don't see why it will be any different for Marvel than is was for DC.
    jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jacobyLIVE
    @Caligula: Because Disney is a family-oriented corporation, and WB is a studio. WB has tons of different things,whereas Disney is Hanna Montana,Jonas Brothers and Mickey Mouse. And now,Marvel. Ther'es no variation in Disney,but there is in WB. That's what makes in different
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By danhimself
    @jacobyLIVE:  maybe you didn't know that disney is also a studio and has made films like Clerks and Pulp Fiction
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Korg
    @jacobyLIVE said:
    " @Caligula: Because Disney is a family-oriented corporation, and WB is a studio. WB has tons of different things,whereas Disney is Hanna Montana,Jonas Brothers and Mickey Mouse. And now,Marvel. Ther'es no variation in Disney,but there is in WB. That's what makes in different "
    Disney owns Miramax. Just because they don't stamp Disney all over everything like WB does doesn't mean they aren't extremely diverse. As danhimself has said, they are behind such movies as Pulp Fiction (and Trainspotting). Neither of those films is family-oriented in the least, and they are merely samples of a very large and varied list of R-rated films which have been produced by them.
    jacobyLIVE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jacobyLIVE
    @danhimself: Really? I seriously had noo idea. Wow,that's...kind of cool. Maybe there's hope
    darkningdawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By darkningdawn

Ya know Disney doesn't really make everything kid friendly,they just make everything really stupid with borderline propoganda case in point they once (if not still) owned death row record.
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Caligula
    @Brit said:
    " @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    TheDrifter's goddamn right!  Frank is no hero, never was.   Batman and the other pansies has an appeal to you as heroes but the Punisher was created to be their antithesis. "

well goddamn!
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Brit
    @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Plus you do know that Al was condemned to hell for killing their unborn baby? Spawn killed and innocent being tsk tsk..
    Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Caligula
    @Brit said:
    " @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Plus you do know that Al was condemned to hell for killing their unborn baby? Spawn killed and innocent being tsk tsk.. "

before you start trying to srgue with me, please read my original post, instead of picking out ONE reason as to why i'm wrong, it was just one of many seriously stupid issues that the punisher character has suffered from. 
    -be careful. your lack of post reading skills are showing.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg said:
    " @jacobyLIVE said:
    " @Caligula: Because Disney is a family-oriented corporation, and WB is a studio. WB has tons of different things,whereas Disney is Hanna Montana,Jonas Brothers and Mickey Mouse. And now,Marvel. Ther'es no variation in Disney,but there is in WB. That's what makes in different "
    Disney owns Miramax. Just because they don't stamp Disney all over everything like WB does doesn't mean they aren't extremely diverse. As danhimself has said, they are behind such movies as Pulp Fiction (and Trainspotting). Neither of those films is family-oriented in the least, and they are merely samples of a very large and varied list of R-rated films which have been produced by them. "
    anti-Disney parade should read this right here.
    bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By bringdeath
    @Caligula said:
    "@Brit said:
    " @TheDrifter said:
    " @Caligula said:
    Plus you do know that Al was condemned to hell for killing their unborn baby? Spawn killed and innocent being tsk tsk.. "
    before you start trying to srgue with me, please read my original post, instead of picking out ONE reason as to why i'm wrong, it was just one of many seriously stupid issues that the punisher character has suffered from. -be careful. your lack of post reading skills are showing. "

Hey dipsh@$ if you hate punisher so much get off the freaking post opinions are like assholes we all have them and they all stink so if you have a problem with the punisher go rant somewhere else and also learn how to spell ,argue smartass.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I do believe the Punisher is an amoral psycho , but i dont think thats neccesarilly a bad thing ,because it only makes him that much more interesting. The fact that we know he isnt all there is whats best about him.  Anyone whos read Born knows he isnt commited to protecting innocents, but to wage war for as long as he lives. Its brutal, violent and honest, and its what makes the Punisher Marvels best character in my opinion. A vigilante character that  imagines the day when he will kill innocent people (See MAX 22) makes for incredibly interesting reading. The fact that he is so different from Batman, morally and psychologically, only serves to make him an even better character, and it kind of makes Batman even better as well. 

It seems to me that comics two best vigilantes are pretty much in the dung at the moment. What with this frankencastle farce and dick grayson, itll take a while for the two of them to get back into the upper echelon of well written comics. Garth Ennis is probably laughing his head of at the state of The Punisher now.  I kind of feel bad for him, cause this frankencastle crap is urinating on eveything he set out to turn the Punisher into. IE as far away from crappy superheroics as possible. 

and eh..... how the hell is batman a pansy? hes a vicious vigilante who will mercilessly kick the crap out of a criminal, gather evidence to incriminate them,and  then turn him in to Officials be prosecuted.  The fact he does not kill them is a moral decision on his part, not because hes afraid of the consequences. He will bend the rules, but he will never break them. The Punisher has utter disregard for lawful rules of any kind. Thats the difference between the two. The fact one uses lethal methods does not make him more badassed.
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah, look at what a watered down, light, more friendly book " Disney made happen " lol.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    Garth Ennis probably loves this and wishes he could of gotten away with it. its the kind of weird crap he does.

@kev17:
    your not even saying anything true about the book. Frank Castle would tell you to accept change.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50  Edited By jefprice

Miramax,TriStar,MGM,Pixar etc etc all Disney. These studios brought us Basic instinct, The Bond Films, Indy, Lost, and many other break through shows and movies.  

Oh yeah and Frankcastle is selling pretty well, it's first issue sold better then anything other then franks first new issue #1 of the castle stuff in the last year.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.