All New Punisher Thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#303 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
#304 Posted by Immolation (1955 posts) - - Show Bio
#307 Posted by Immolation (1955 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@sprior93: Hey check it out. This guy takes lines straight out of the comicvine wiki.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#308 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

@immolation: Cool video. He gave the ideal recommendations for new readers.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#309 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
#310 Edited by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

SO um, when's the new series coming out again?

#311 Posted by Captain13 (4773 posts) - - Show Bio
#312 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#313 Posted by Immolation (1955 posts) - - Show Bio
#314 Posted by Immolation (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

SO um, when's the new series coming out again?

It is set to drop on May 4th.

#315 Posted by ComicStooge (22063 posts) - - Show Bio
#316 Posted by Immolation (1955 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: The writer, Becky Cloonan, said this when talking about the series.

Things are going to start out in a familiar enough place, but soon The Punisher is going to find himself in an unfamiliar environment without a lot of the things he usually relies on. We are going to strip away some of his layers, and push him right to the limit. I want to see how far he'll go to accomplish his goals. A few people have said some of the stuff we are planning is reminiscent of Punisher MAX, which is nothing but the highest of compliments!

It's kind of old, though. Haven't really heard much news about it lately. The scans that Jonny_Anonymous posted are from the series. Dillon is doing the art again.

#317 Edited by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

@lxlgiftedlxl said:

@immolation: Hey dude outside of Punisher Max which canon Punisher Titles would you suggest me reading?

Garth Ennis definitely. Aaron's run is ok, but Garth Ennis is literally fantastic.

#318 Edited by lxlGiftedlxl (2443 posts) - - Show Bio
#319 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio
#320 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Not sure yet, the art does look better coloured but Dillon is still not an artist I'm huge on also we'll just have to see how well it's written.

#321 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Not sure yet, the art does look better coloured but Dillon is still not an artist I'm huge on also we'll just have to see how well it's written.

I'm in the same boat with you on this own. I've always wanted Greg Capello to draw Punisher

#322 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

I'm in the same boat with you on this own. I've always wanted Greg Capello to draw Punisher

That would be pretty cool seeing his take.

#323 Posted by theacidskull (22027 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:
@jonny_anonymous said:

That would be pretty cool seeing his take.

He has a very horror-esque/grim style, which I think would be a perfect fit for Punisher.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.