Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2804 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

All New Punisher Thread

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#1  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

So I've made threads for all the other characters I like so why not for frank eh?

No Caption Provided

Interviews

NYCC: Edmondson's "Punisher" Brings his War to the City of Angels - Comic Book Resources

Edmondson & Gerads' "Punisher" Targets the L.A. Underworld - Comic Book Resources

The Punisher's Nathan Edmondson on Frank Castle and Maple Glazed Bacon Doughnuts | Squid Ink | Los Angeles | Los Angeles News and Events | LA Weekly

Interview: Nathan Edmondson Brings THE PUNISHER West | Comicosity

Interview: Nathan Edmondson on PUNISHER, Military Tactics, and Sunglasses - Comic Vine

The Punisher: What Would Frank Do? Pt. 1 | News | Marvel.com

L.A., meet Frank Castle: Nathan Edmondson on his West Coast Punisher | Hero Complex – movies, comics, pop culture – Los Angeles Times

Solicit

THE PUNISHER (2014) #1

Published: February 05, 2014

Rating: Parental Advisory

Writer: Nathan Henry Edmondson

For years, The Punisher has waged a war on crime in New York City with an array of very large guns, but a lead on a major source of drugs, weapons, and more has set his many sights due west. NOW! Frank Castle's in the City of Angels, looking to give the devil his due. Things aren't all they appear, though, with a highly trained military hit squad hot on Frank's tail. Caught between a posse of Punisher predators and targets of his own one-man-war, Frank's manifest destiny may be a shallow grave!

No Caption Provided

THE PUNISHER (2014) #2

Published: February 19, 2014

For years, The Punisher has waged a war on crime in New York City with an array of very large guns, but a lead on a major source of drugs, weapons, and more has set his many sights due west. NOW! Frank Castle's in the City of Angels, looking to give the devil his due. Things aren't all they appear, though, with a highly trained military hit squad hot on Frank's tail. Caught between a posse of Punisher predators and targets of his own one-man-war, Frank's manifest destiny may be a shallow grave!

No Caption Provided

THE PUNISHER (2014) #3

Published: March 05, 2014

Frank discovers the Dos Sols gang's newest weapon. Bad news for Frank.The Punisher dukes it out with one of the Marvel U's BIG BADS!A daring raid on the Dos Sols compound goes absolutely NOT according to plan!

No Caption Provided

THE PUNISHER (2014) #4

Published: April 02, 2014

Nathan Edmondson (W) • Mitch Gerads (A/C) • The Punisher, captured by the Dos Sols gang, is caught in the metaphorical lion’s den. Tough luck, metaphorical lions. • The 131 get the call: Take down the Punisher with extreme prejudice. • A new player tosses her hat in the ring, and Frank’s gotta ask himself a question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well…do ya, Frank?

No Caption Provided

THE PUNISHER #5

NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)

MITCHELL THOMAS GERADS (A/C)

• The Dos Soles plan to takeover L.A. begins! WAR IN THE STREETS!

• Where there’s war in the streets, there’s Frank Castle.

• The fall of a friend???

32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99

No Caption Provided

Previews

So what does everybody think about the new book so far?

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Tensta

Nice Job, appreciate it! Looking forward to read all those interviews I've been to lazy to look upp myself.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@tensta: No problem, how have you liked the book so far?

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it a lot. Reminds me of Potts and Barons Punisher and I think it's kinda nice seeing a more emotional Frank again.

How do you like it?

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta said:

I like it a lot. Reminds me of Potts and Barons Punisher and I think it's kinda nice seeing a more emotional Frank again.

How do you like it?

I've been loving it they've made Frank more human without radical changing the book and it also makes sense after what went down in his last series. And the art is great.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

Nice thread!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@bionder: Thanks! What do you think of the new series so far?

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As long time Punisher fan ( since Mike Baron, Carl Potts, Chuck Dixon, etc...) i was astonished how Edmondson is writing this series. He is giving "depth" to the character that i thought some writers forgotten that he is human and he can relate with others.

I really liked how Ennis and Rucka take the Punisher to a new direction, but it always lacked "something". As a character he lacked some "depth" over the years specially in 616. Frank was and always will be more than a guy shooting people...

Back in the day he was like Captain America but with no rules on how to deal with criminals.

So, this is what i'm seeing in this new run, he is more hero than ever, he has a good cast backing him up and he does what he does best... killing criminals and be the Punisher. (with or without mask).

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionder said:

As long time Punisher fan ( since Mike Baron, Carl Potts, Chuck Dixon, etc...) i was astonished how Edmondson is writing this series. He is giving "depth" to the character that i thought some writers forgotten that he is human and he can relate with others.

I really liked how Ennis and Rucka take the Punisher to a new direction, but it always lacked "something". As a character he lacked some "depth" over the years specially in 616. Frank was and always will be more than a guy shooting people...

Back in the day he was like Captain America but with no rules on how to deal with criminals.

So, this is what i'm seeing in this new run, he is more hero than ever, he has a good cast backing him up and he does what he does best... killing criminals and be the Punisher. (with or without mask).

I loved the past stories but it's also nice to see Punisher being a bit more logical. He's not just a cold anti social guy that kills everything in sight, but actually working like how a special forces operator would work by in-bedding himself in to the the location, forming contacts and setting up targets. It also makes sense that the way he operates has changed, with what went down in his last series with Alves.

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bionder
    @jonny_anonymous said:

I loved the past stories but it's also nice to see Punisher being a bit more logical. He's not just a cold anti social guy that kills everything in sight, but actually working like how a special forces operator would work by in-bedding himself in to the the location, forming contacts and setting up targets. It also makes sense that the way he operates has changed, with what went down in his last series with Alves.

I think we have to thank Rucka on how he developed the character and step way from cold and senseless killing machine.

He make the Punisher behave like a special forces operator. Like Edmondson is doing too, although he seems to have a lot more military background than Rucka's. And this is a plus, i think.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionder said:
    @jonny_anonymous said:

I think we have to thank Rucka on how he developed the character and step way from cold and senseless killing machine.

He make the Punisher behave like a special forces operator. Like Edmondson is doing too, although he seems to have a lot more military background than Rucka's. And this is a plus, i think.

Agreed. They have said that we may see Alves down the line as well so that would be cool.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Whoops I missed solicits

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

PUNISHER #6 & 7

NATHAN EDMONDSON (W)

MITCHELL THOMAS GERADS (A/C)

ISSUE #6 - • The electrifying conclusion to the Dos Soles story!

• Will L.A. burn, or can Frank fight fire with fire?

• And even if Frank can overcome A.I.M. and the Dos Soles, can he escape the ever-tightening noose of the Howling Commandos?

ISSUE #7 - • The international best-selling author of NOT A GOOD DAY TO DIE, KEVIN MAURER joins Nathan Edmondson to tell a story of Punisher in jungle warfare!

• A group of American soldiers are being held prisoner by a South American drug lord, and suddenly a new prisoner arrives…Frank Castle!

• But not all is as it seems on EITHER side of the bars in this jail tale!

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

The book looks so fun. I'll buy issues off comixology, when I can.

Anyone else miss Henry Russo?

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Hmmmm,maybe i should give this series another chance.I do love Punisher!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Microchip? Is he still alive? I can't remember the last time I seen him.

How much of it have you read so far?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Microchip? Is he still alive? I can't remember the last time I seen him.

@daredevil21134 said:

Nah, Henry. His partner during Dark Reign. I loved that guy.

Last we saw of him, Frank parted ways with him because he knew everyone who works with him ends up dead or worse and he didn't want Henry to end up like that.

Last we saw of Henry he was living with his mother and giving lessons on how to use computers to disadvantaged people.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't been able to read the last 2 issues because I've reading so much DareDevil but I loved what I've read so far. Very happy we have yet another discussion thread :P

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Ha I just keep making them for characters I like lol although the Black Widow one isn't that active :- /

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Last we saw of him, Frank parted ways with him because he knew everyone who works with him ends up dead or worse and he didn't want Henry to end up like that.

Last we saw of Henry he was living with his mother and giving lessons on how to use computers to disadvantaged people.

Hm maybe we will see him at some point since they did say Alves will be turning up.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Ha I just keep making them for characters I like lol although the Black Widow one isn't that active :- /

@comicstooge said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Hm maybe we will see him at some point since they did say Alves will be turning up.

I hope so. But on the other hand, I'm glad he got a happy ending.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know there was a BW one :O

But I know the feels, my Ultimate Universe Discussion thread is barely used lol

I'll go bump BW!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@comicstooge said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Yea, maybe Edmonson will bring in another character to fill that role? How about the army guy that provides Frank with weapons?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@comicstooge said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

Yea, maybe Edmonson will bring in another character to fill that role? How about the army guy that provides Frank with weapons?

Yeah, probably. :)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

3 issues. I do like the writing very much

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else hope we see Rachel "Cole" Alves? I liked her in the previous series.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: Edmonson has said that we will likely see Alves down the line but it has to be the right story.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: Thats awesome. I really liked the whole "team" setting between Frank and her.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bionder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Edmondson is trying to do his own thing and i believe that Sam is the next "Cole Alves". I'm not counting on seeing Cole Alves so soon.

I miss Henry Russo, he was a great partner for the Punisher after Micro. But i think he deserved an happy ending and that was done in "In The Blood". The kid deserved better after what he has been through, and Frank know it. "In the Blood" is the best work of Remender when he takeover the Punisher imo.

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone else hope we see Rachel "Cole" Alves? I liked her in the previous series.

One could only hope. I usually have a problem with sidekicks (not Micro, he was more of a partner) but Cole Alves really worked for me. Liked her from the start, too good character not to be used again

@arturocalakayvee said:

@jonny_anonymous: Thats awesome. I really liked the whole "team" setting between Frank and her.

Agreed, Rucka's whole run was pretty amazing.

Rucka´s run is one of my favorites, up there with Dixon and Ennis. Edmondson is getting there as well. His dialogue is just perfect for a Punisher comic and Gerads coloring is seriously some of the best work Iv´e seen in a comic

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta said:
    @arturocalakayvee said:

One could only hope. I usually have a problem with sidekicks (not Micro, he was more of a partner) but Cole Alves really worked for me. Liked her from the start, too good character not to be used again

@jonny_anonymous said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Agreed, Rucka's whole run was pretty amazing.

Rucka´s run is one of my favorites, up there with Dixon and Ennis. Edmondson is getting there as well. His dialogue is just perfect for a Punisher comic and Gerads coloring is seriously some of the best work Iv´e seen in a comic

Agreed, I really hope is run lasts a long time.

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionder said:

Edmondson is trying to do his own thing and i believe that Sam is the next "Cole Alves". I'm not counting on seeing Cole Alves so soon.

I miss Henry Russo, he was a great partner for the Punisher after Micro. But i think he deserved an happy ending and that was done in "In The Blood". The kid deserved better after what he has been through, and Frank know it. "In the Blood" is the best work of Remender when he takeover the Punisher imo.

Unfortunately I haven´t read that much Remender (or lucky me regarding Franken-Castle) just the first couple of issues of Dark Reign and In the Blood so I don´t have much to say about Russo.

Sam, I haven´t made up my mind whether I like her or not yet. So far I have to say I prefered Cole Alves but this is Edmondsons run and if we don´t see her again, well not much to do about that.

Tuggs on the other hand is a character I would love to see more of. Can´t say if he´s as great a partner as Russo but I could see him fill the shoes of Micro and Cole Alves just fine

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta said:

@bionder said:

Unfortunately I haven´t read that much Remender (or lucky me regarding Franken-Castle) just the first couple of issues of Dark Reign and In the Blood so I don´t have much to say about Russo.

Sam, I haven´t made up my mind whether I like her or not yet. So far I have to say I prefered Cole Alves but this is Edmondsons run and if we don´t see her again, well not much to do about that.

Tuggs on the other hand is a character I would love to see more of. Can´t say if he´s as great a partner as Russo but I could see him fill the shoes of Micro and Cole Alves just fine

Yea I'd like to see more of Sam but so far I preferred Alves.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionder said:

I hope we see her soon

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bionder said:

I hope we see her soon

Me too but as we all know, creative teams comes and goes and I for one ain´t that strict about continuity and etc in comics. New team, new stories and as long as they´re this good I´ll just go with the flow and pray it won´t get cancelled.

I hope we see Daredevil soon

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@bionder said:

I hope we see her soon

Me too but as we all know, creative teams comes and goes and I for one ain´t that strict about continuity and etc in comics. New team, new stories and as long as they´re this good I´ll just go with the flow and pray it won´t get cancelled.

I hope we see Daredevil soon

Since there both on the west coast?

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: No. because they have a history but now that you mention it.. Can´t have enough guest appearances of "The Crimson Wimp of Hell´s Kitchen" in Punisher comics

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta: Well since they're both west coast now so I would be surprised if they didn't appear in one of their books.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: My all time favorite Punisher look was the Rucka run. The longish hair, the beard, plus the art work. Even the eye bandage was bad ass.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great pics! Some favorites there, like Checchetto and Bradstreet

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tensta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This deserves it's own topic. Will post a bunch when I can (wish you could post pics by phone)

I just love Bradstreet. I know it's tracing but who cares, results looks great

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensta: Yea all his cover were great

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By daredevil21134
    No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.