Follow

Punisher

Character » Punisher appears in 2803 issues.

When U.S. Marine veteran Frank Castle's family's was murdered for witnessing a mob hit, the man vowed to avenge their deaths and became a one-man army in his personal war against the criminal underworld. With a distinct death's head skull adorning his chest, Frank Castle became the vigilante known as the Punisher.

A question about Punisher MAX

punishgear4987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By punishgear4987

Ok yesterday I got The Punisher Vol. 1 "In The Beginning."  Which covers the first 6 issues.  I read it and LOVED it.  Actually its the first time I read a Punisher comic book.  I was wondering if this series was a stand alone or like a reboot or does it continue from the rest of the Punisher comics.  Also is "The Punisher Born" a prequel to this series?  I gotta say this is my favorite version of the "Punisher."  Garth Ennis did a good job.  If it is a stand alone series, can someone give me a list of the whole Garth Ennis Punisher series?  Like in order you know?  I know thats asking a lot, but I would really appreciate it if someone can help me out here.  Heres a link that confused me.   http://sequart.com/punisherENNIS.htm     If you look on the right theres 3 different eras.  I just don't know if they ALL connect or their stand alones.  Again if it is stand alone, I just want the list of Garth Ennis version of the Punisher from the beginning to the end.  Thanks and I would appreciate it.
    punishgear4987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By punishgear4987
    @punishgear4987:
    Anyone?  You don't have to put a list.  What I really want to know is if this series (Garth Ennis) a stand alone or does it connect to the rest of the punisher comics, such as War Zone or War Journal.  Thanks
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Brit

Hi how you doin bro? Its good to meet a fellow fan of the Punisher!! To answer your question, the Punisher you've read is not connected to the main marvel universe (616). It is set in the MAX universe, hence the name Punisher MAX. In the MAX universe, it does not have costumed superheroes and villains, it was meant to be the "real world", and you would not see Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or the X-Men here until they are depicted in a more mature way. So back in 2004 Mr. Garth Ennis decide to use the freedom of the MAX imprint to write more realistic and hard-edged Punisher stories than had previously been seen. Man they are all brutally awesome!!

Here's the list you need, plus I've added other tpbs that Mr. Garth Ennis wrote. Dude you'll be blown away with these tpbs..

Vol. 01 - In the Beginning   ( The Punisher MAX #1-6)
    Vol. 02 - Kitchen Irish ( #7-12 )
    Vol. 03 - Mother Russia ( #13-18 )
    Vol. 04 - Up Is Down and Black Is White  ( #19-24 )
    Vol. 05 - The Slavers ( #25-30)
    Vol. 06 - Barracuda ( #31-36 )
    Vol. 07 - Man of Stone ( #37-42)
    Vol. 08 - Widowmaker ( #43-49)
    Vol. 09 - Long Cold Dark  ( #50-54)
    Vol. 10 - Valley Forge, Valley Forge ( #55-60)
    Punisher MAX: From First to Last ( Collects Punisher: The Tyger, Punisher: The Cell and Punisher: The End)    
    Punisher Presents: Barracuda MAX  (# 1-5)

These tpbs were written by three crime novelists after Mr. Garth Ennis left the book..  

Vol. 11 - Girls in White Dresses ( #61-65; it does not include The Punisher Annual: The Hunted)
    Vol. 12 - Six Hours To Kill  ( #66-70 plus Punisher: Force of Nature one shot) 
    Vol. 13 - Welcome To The Bayou ( #71-74)

bringdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bringdeath
    @Brit said:
    "Hi how you doin bro? Its good to meet a fellow fan of the Punisher!! To answer your question, the Punisher you've read is not connected to the main marvel universe (616). It is set in the MAX universe, hence the name Punisher MAX. In the MAX universe, it does not have costumed superheroes and villains, it was meant to be the "real world", and you would not see Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or the X-Men here until they are depicted in a more mature way. So back in 2004 Mr. Garth Ennis decide to use the freedom of the MAX imprint to write more realistic and hard-edged Punisher stories than had previously been seen. Man they are all brutally awesome!!  Here's the list you need, plus I've added other tpbs that Mr. Garth Ennis wrote. Dude you'll be blown away with these tpbs..   Vol. 01 - In the Beginning   ( The Punisher MAX #1-6) Vol. 02 - Kitchen Irish ( #7-12 )Vol. 03 - Mother Russia ( #13-18 )Vol. 04 - Up Is Down and Black Is White  ( #19-24 )Vol. 05 - The Slavers ( #25-30)Vol. 06 - Barracuda ( #31-36 )Vol. 07 - Man of Stone ( #37-42) Vol. 08 - Widowmaker ( #43-49) Vol. 09 - Long Cold Dark  ( #50-54) Vol. 10 - Valley Forge, Valley Forge ( #55-60) Punisher MAX: From First to Last ( Collects Punisher: The Tyger, Punisher: The Cell and Punisher: The End)     Punisher Presents: Barracuda MAX  (# 1-5) These tpbs were written by three crime novelists after Mr. Garth Ennis left the book..    Vol. 11 - Girls in White Dresses ( #61-65; it does not include The Punisher Annual: The Hunted) Vol. 12 - Six Hours To Kill  ( #66-70 plus Punisher: Force of Nature one shot)  Vol. 13 - Welcome To The Bayou ( #71-74) "

Hey brit   I  wanna know are six hours to kill and welcome to the bayou as good as girls in white dresses I loved that arc.
    Brit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Brit
    @bringdeath said:

" @Brit said:

"Hi how you doin bro? Its good to meet a fellow fan of the Punisher!! To answer your question, the Punisher you've read is not connected to the main marvel universe (616). It is set in the MAX universe, hence the name Punisher MAX. In the MAX universe, it does not have costumed superheroes and villains, it was meant to be the "real world", and you would not see Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four or the X-Men here until they are depicted in a more mature way. So back in 2004 Mr. Garth Ennis decide to use the freedom of the MAX imprint to write more realistic and hard-edged Punisher stories than had previously been seen. Man they are all brutally awesome!!  Here's the list you need, plus I've added other tpbs that Mr. Garth Ennis wrote. Dude you'll be blown away with these tpbs..   Vol. 01 - In the Beginning   ( The Punisher MAX #1-6) Vol. 02 - Kitchen Irish ( #7-12 )Vol. 03 - Mother Russia ( #13-18 )Vol. 04 - Up Is Down and Black Is White  ( #19-24 )Vol. 05 - The Slavers ( #25-30)Vol. 06 - Barracuda ( #31-36 )Vol. 07 - Man of Stone ( #37-42) Vol. 08 - Widowmaker ( #43-49) Vol. 09 - Long Cold Dark  ( #50-54) Vol. 10 - Valley Forge, Valley Forge ( #55-60) Punisher MAX: From First to Last ( Collects Punisher: The Tyger, Punisher: The Cell and Punisher: The End)     Punisher Presents: Barracuda MAX  (# 1-5) These tpbs were written by three crime novelists after Mr. Garth Ennis left the book..    Vol. 11 - Girls in White Dresses ( #61-65; it does not include The Punisher Annual: The Hunted) Vol. 12 - Six Hours To Kill  ( #66-70 plus Punisher: Force of Nature one shot)  Vol. 13 - Welcome To The Bayou ( #71-74) "

Hey brit   I  wanna know are six hours to kill and welcome to the bayou as good as girls in white dresses I loved that arc. "
    Wazzup?! How ya doin? In my opinion, to tell you the truth, I didn't like the Six Hours to Kill arc the art is mediocre and the story is just plain tooooooooooo simple. I love the Girl's in White dresses and I'm currently reading the Welcome to the Bayou arc and I'm enjoying it!!
    hulkbuster94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hulkbuster94

Punisher is one of the best characters in my opinion

brainwins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....can someone give me a list of the whole Garth Ennis Punisher series?...

Althought the MAX series are pretty kick-ass. Ennis did a pretty good job on his prior Punisher work, along with Steve Dillon. It's gonna be a little hard for you to adapt to the art style coming from MAX, but the stories are still top notch.

It starts here: http://www.comicvine.com/punisher-welcome-back-frank/4050-37839/

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.