Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Why do people like her?

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

Not to hate on her, but I've never even seen much of her. She's not even really in the animated series that much. Do people really like her, or is she just a nice piece of a$$?

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

People really like her and she just happens to have a nice ass. So what does not seeing much of her represent in your question? Does it mean you are ignorant of the character and you want to know why people like her as a way to perhaps garner some sort of interest into reading about her? Or is your question more along the lines of because you haven't seen much of her that you don't find the character interesting because she isn't more known?

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#3 SC  Moderator

Psylocke has history, and in a medium of stagnancy and regression and stagnancy and regression and stagnancy and regression (things repeating themselves over and over to maintain status quo) Betsy Braddock is one of the few characters that has grown, adapted, changed, and developed in a way rare for many of her peers. She went from a blonde British model who fantasized about being a steely warrior into being a steely ninja assassin warrior. She also had something really weird happen to her, she had her mind, soul and spirit transferred into a completely different foreign body. Thats a bit intense and crazy - yet Betsy took it in her stride and prospered. Now terms like badass get thrown around way too liberally to describe characters, but Psylocke is pretty badass. I haven't read any of her Marvel Now stuff aside from X-Men but her last mini series is a pretty good story to read about why people like her. X-Men has lots of tough and strong female characters, but out of them all I think Betsy best demonstrates mind over matter toughness and discipline. I mean Rogue is sort of like a brick - tough, rough, unrefined, rugged. Storm is like a knife, unexpected, cutting, sharp, some finesse. Emma is a diamond, cynical, vain, snobby, precious and with a few weak spots only those that know her well can exploit. Kitty is like an onion, she smells bad and makes people cry with how offensive she is, Psylocke is like a katana, honed, steely, well tested and deadly.

Recommended reading - her mini by Yost, Remender's Uncanny X-Force, X-Men (now Legacy) Volume 2.

jointron33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@sc: how does kitty make ppl cry

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Because she's badass. And no, that's not a butt joke.

I don't know, Remender's X-Force seems to have made her quite endearing to its readers?

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the current X- men comic and uncanny X- force, she pretty much a bad ass in my book. I'm not gonna deny that she's a nice piece of a$$, however she's not wearing that bathing suit anymore, so reader's can take her more seriously now I assume. She has pretty bad ass psyblade,and psychic powers also I think, so yeah, bad ass.

DecoyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite thing about her is her brother Brian but she's not too bad herself.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

She's one of my favorite characters. I like her calm and collected attitude and the fact that even though her powers are "common" she uses them in such a creative way! (Psychic knives and telekinetic katanas) The closest character to using psychic powers similarly to Psylocke was Dani Moonstar and Psylocke is still better.

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

she is badass to the limit damn i want a team up with her silver sable, black widow and domino

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because! sHe's FINE maine... God in Heaven, I don't know wHat came over me.

At any rate, Psylocke is a X-Man. MetH believes every X-Man Has a semi-strong fanbase but some are clearly more stronger tHan otHers. Psylocke used Her powers in a unique way, is a complex cHaracter, and used to sHow off Her pHysique. THink about it m8, a Asian witH purple Hair, witH a BritisH accent, and sHe's a ninja. WHo doesn't love ninjas?

-m3th.O.D.-

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I despise Ninja. Love the character hate her being stereotypical (Not really an Asian) Asian NInja. But i'm glad some writers see past that, and just make her a capable, woman with a great and sometimes silly history. They also finally put some pants on her, so that rocks it. Psylocke + Telepathy + Smart = I'll read her. Except in X=force.. that book is just terrible.

JSH92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Psylocke's one of my favorite X-Men. She's got cool powers, cool weapons, cool attitude, and a cool accent. Just an overall BA. And she rocks purple pretty well

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
    deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

The first book I really read her in was Uncanny X-Force, and she quickly became my favorite member of the team.

Having a big ass is just an extra.

HeLLic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Why do people like her?" I think that's out of the question. Did you saw her in the Age of Apocalypse film? She was AMAZING and her combat skills are extremely awesome. I come to wonder, why do people like Wolverine or even Storm? I think they TOOO overrated especially Storm.

Avatar image for thecapeddetective
    TheCapedDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

She's badass.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.