Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

When her Brother brought her back why didn't made her Brit again

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine
    IcePrince_X said:
    "Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?"

Not sure.... I wish she was English again....
    IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By IcePrince_X
    John Valentine said:
    "IcePrince_X said:
    "Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?"

Not sure.... I wish she was English again...."
    That is the actual thing that can make Psylocke's character have another dimension, why can't she accept her true self....being a british woman with blond hair. If she is given a choice, will she go back?

Wouldn't it be interesting to see Psylocke in a different body again? hmmm... it worked with the asian body right?
    Avatar image for thewhitequeensapprentice
    TheWhiteQueensApprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IcePrince_X said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "IcePrince_X said:

Not sure.... I wish she was English again...."
    That is the actual thing that can make Psylocke's character have another dimension, why can't she accept her true self....being a british woman with blond hair. If she is given a choice, will she go back?Wouldn't it be interesting to see Psylocke in a different body again? hmmm... it worked with the asian body right?"
    Do you really wanna see another blonde psychic tho? I mean it think its pretty sweet with the range of hair colours for the different psychic abilities the X-Women possess, I mean Jean is a red-head with telepathy, telekinesis and host to the fiery cosmic being the Phoenix Force, Psylocke black haired psychic ninja with telekinesis and a psi-blade along with immunity to telepathic assualts among other things, and Emma Frost and the Stepfords are blonde with Telepathy and a diamond form...

The hair is like a colour code for their powers.

I do miss Psylocke's butterfly effect, I thought it was such an awesome way to display her power, Im glad in Wolverine and the X-Men they brought it back.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By pixelized

Elisabeth is purple.

Laura Logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Laura Logan

I LOVE her British accent. I just wish more writers would Use It more!

I'm really quite pleased that our dear Miss Braddock is Coming back to the 616 'Verse.
    Has Anyone read Sword of Braddock?

Magnus/Murdock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Magnus/Murdock

I'm confused, I haven't read X-men for a LONG time, what happened to her? I thought she was always a Brit

TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TOAA
    Yeah, like a decade ago.
    TOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TOAA
    True.
    Avatar image for thewhitequeensapprentice
    TheWhiteQueensApprentice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She's died about three times too....

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By COBRAMORPH

If he regenerated & healed the body she was was last using, then giving her back her original body would also give her the Legacy Virus, unless thats been cured.

But giving her back her real body is like making the Thing able to control his powers. Or people not hating Spider-man. Or people not hating the X-men, who are born with powers but loving the superheros that are all probly radioactive like the FF.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Baddamdog

He brought her back and manipulated her body to make her stronger. Bringing her back to her British body would of significantly weakened her.

Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By Thunderscream

In the latest Uncanny X-Force Otherworld arc, Jamie actually did present the opportunity for Bets to return to her Brit bod...she opted for the magically imbued Captain Britain frock but chose to retain her Eastern epidermis.

Face it, she's accepted who and what she is and she's not turning back...until a ballsy writer deems it necessary.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#16  Edited By PowerHerc

Because Marvel wants a super-hot Asian mutant heroine to promote, market and make money from.

Until they don't want that, she'll remain a Brit/White who is physically Asian.

oraclefyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By oraclefyre

I will love Betsy until the end of time, but I do think having a Caucasian female in the body of an Asian female kind of does a disservice to the Asian representation in comics.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By Tazirai

Im late to this. But agree with Herc and oracle. Some fans didn't even want her in the new suit she just got. They wanted her to remain half nekkid forever. Hoepfully with the new suit things change. Humphries has bad start, but Woods is doing her justice. The X-men need an actual asian for diversity, not a white woman in a fake body. She didn't choose to come Asian or Eurasian, Marvel did. Ballsy artist gave her a new suit and it stuck, and Cosplayers love it. Now another Ballsy writer can put her back in her proper body, when they want to. Just because you destroy one form, doesn'tt make it gone forever. Ask Charles Xavier.

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Face it, she's accepted who and what she is and she's not turning back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.