When her Brother brought her back why didn't made her Brit again

Avatar image for iceprince_x
#1 Posted by IcePrince_X (5092 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?

Avatar image for john_valentine
#2 Posted by John Valentine (16467 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?"

Not sure.... I wish she was English again....
Avatar image for iceprince_x
#3 Posted by IcePrince_X (5092 posts) - - Show Bio
John Valentine said:
"IcePrince_X said:
"Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?"

Not sure.... I wish she was English again...."
That is the actual thing that can make Psylocke's character have another dimension, why can't she accept her true self....being a british woman with blond hair. If she is given a choice, will she go back?


Wouldn't it be interesting to see Psylocke in a different body again? hmmm... it worked with the asian body right?
Avatar image for thewhitequeensapprentice
#4 Posted by TheWhiteQueensApprentice (7 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"John Valentine said:
"IcePrince_X said:
"Out of curiousity...why did not Jamie converted Psylocke back to her old body when he brought her back to life?

The old Psylocke has a natural blond hair...making it a possible battle of the blonds in the x-men?"

Not sure.... I wish she was English again...."
That is the actual thing that can make Psylocke's character have another dimension, why can't she accept her true self....being a british woman with blond hair. If she is given a choice, will she go back?Wouldn't it be interesting to see Psylocke in a different body again? hmmm... it worked with the asian body right?"
Do you really wanna see another blonde psychic tho? I mean it think its pretty sweet with the range of hair colours for the different psychic abilities the X-Women possess, I mean Jean is a red-head with telepathy, telekinesis and host to the fiery cosmic being the Phoenix Force, Psylocke black haired psychic ninja with telekinesis and a psi-blade along with immunity to telepathic assualts among other things, and Emma Frost and the Stepfords are blonde with Telepathy and a diamond form...

The hair is like a colour code for their powers.

I do miss Psylocke's butterfly effect, I thought it was such an awesome way to display her power, Im glad in Wolverine and the X-Men they brought it back.
Avatar image for pixelized
#5 Posted by pixelized (49086 posts) - - Show Bio

Elisabeth is purple.

Avatar image for laura_logan
#6 Posted by Laura Logan (91 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE her British accent. I just wish more writers would Use It more!

I'm really quite pleased that our dear Miss Braddock is Coming back to the 616 'Verse.
Has Anyone read Sword of Braddock?

Avatar image for magnus_murdock
#7 Posted by Magnus/Murdock (509 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm confused, I haven't read X-men for a LONG time, what happened to her? I thought she was always a Brit

Avatar image for truex
#8 Posted by Truex (434 posts) - - Show Bio
Magnus/Murdock said:
"I'm confused, I haven't read X-men for a LONG time, what happened to her? I thought she was always a Brit"
Her mind was transferred into the body of an asian assassin a long time ago
Avatar image for toaa
#9 Posted by TOAA (158 posts) - - Show Bio
Yeah, like a decade ago.
Avatar image for truex
#10 Posted by Truex (434 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually it has been almost two decades

Avatar image for toaa
#11 Posted by TOAA (158 posts) - - Show Bio
True.
Avatar image for thewhitequeensapprentice
#12 Posted by TheWhiteQueensApprentice (7 posts) - - Show Bio

She's died about three times too....

Avatar image for cobramorph
#13 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1882 posts) - - Show Bio

If he regenerated & healed the body she was was last using, then giving her back her original body would also give her the Legacy Virus, unless thats been cured.

But giving her back her real body is like making the Thing able to control his powers. Or people not hating Spider-man. Or people not hating the X-men, who are born with powers but loving the superheros that are all probly radioactive like the FF.

Avatar image for baddamdog
#14 Posted by Baddamdog (2836 posts) - - Show Bio

He brought her back and manipulated her body to make her stronger. Bringing her back to her British body would of significantly weakened her.

Avatar image for thunderscream
#15 Posted by Thunderscream (2292 posts) - - Show Bio

In the latest Uncanny X-Force Otherworld arc, Jamie actually did present the opportunity for Bets to return to her Brit bod...she opted for the magically imbued Captain Britain frock but chose to retain her Eastern epidermis.

Face it, she's accepted who and what she is and she's not turning back...until a ballsy writer deems it necessary.

Avatar image for powerherc
#16 Edited by PowerHerc (86184 posts) - - Show Bio

Because Marvel wants a super-hot Asian mutant heroine to promote, market and make money from.

Until they don't want that, she'll remain a Brit/White who is physically Asian.

Avatar image for oraclefyre
#17 Edited by oraclefyre (944 posts) - - Show Bio

I will love Betsy until the end of time, but I do think having a Caucasian female in the body of an Asian female kind of does a disservice to the Asian representation in comics.

Avatar image for tazirai
#18 Edited by Tazirai (278 posts) - - Show Bio

Im late to this. But agree with Herc and oracle. Some fans didn't even want her in the new suit she just got. They wanted her to remain half nekkid forever. Hoepfully with the new suit things change. Humphries has bad start, but Woods is doing her justice. The X-men need an actual asian for diversity, not a white woman in a fake body. She didn't choose to come Asian or Eurasian, Marvel did. Ballsy artist gave her a new suit and it stuck, and Cosplayers love it. Now another Ballsy writer can put her back in her proper body, when they want to. Just because you destroy one form, doesn'tt make it gone forever. Ask Charles Xavier.

Avatar image for ragdollpurps
#19 Posted by ragdollpurps (16890 posts) - - Show Bio

Face it, she's accepted who and what she is and she's not turning back

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.