Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

Psylocke vs Daredevil question

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By micahparadise

Why in AVX was Psylocke not able to defeat Daredevil????????? a telepathic/ TELEKINETIC mutant ninja trained by the hand could not beat Daredevil????? I mean i know Daredevil eats hand ninjas for breakfast but does anyone else think that Psylocke had more going on for her for it to end in a draw???

AND Why did her senses overload when she used telepathy to try to shut him down? Is Daredevil immune to telepathy now???????

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#2 god_spawn  Moderator

The AvX battles had plenty of problems to some aspects. This one was no different. And Psylocke doesn't always use her powers in combat aside from a few forms. It's like asking why Thor just doesn't god blast every opponent or transmute them to dust. It's apart of Betsy's character. And Psylocke had the win in my book based on the final part before she unleashed her psi knives. She tricked him into thinking he hit her too hard and she caught him by surprise and had him mounted with her psi knives by his throat. They start talking more and he kicks her off and leaves. I believe at that point whens he had him pinned, Psylocke could have finished him.

As for why it didn't work is like asking why Thing beating Namor underwater by trapping him under fish tusks constitutes as a win. Hell, Namor even struggled a bit with them before getting them off, which was also stupid. Or how Thor being a god made him immune to a phoenix amped Emma Frost's telepathy despite Xavier making him sleep easily. Emma on her own should be more than capable of doing a similar feat to Thor as she is just under Xavier IMO. What happened in the fight was just a dumb cop out reason to make sure Psylocke's telepathy didn't work on him and just end the fight. Just because a telepath enters one's mind does not mean they will experience their senses.

Tazirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Daredevil is highly resistant to Mental attacks. Not immune, but resistant. He's resisted all manner of brainwashing, and domination techniques. Psylocke tends to forget she can hurt at a distance, then finish up close. Many writers ignore her TK, for good reason. a TK and TP Psychic ninja is kinda cheating, and lets her do near anything. One of my pet peeves is supers who can do near anything. In a hand to hand battle, Daredevil would eat Betsy alive. I love the character but outside of a deus ex machina, she'd have no chance against a more experienced fighter. Now if she used her Psi-powers with the Psychoblast, then Psychic weapons, and keep her distance, she'd have a 50/50 chance to win.

micahparadise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By micahparadise

i liked psylocke when all shehad was telepathy and her psychic knife but i just beleive if they are going to "upgrade" a character by adding telekinesis, they should at least write her realistically. AVX has gone down in my books as one of the WORST storylines ever due to the discrepancies in the fights!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.