Follow

Betsy Braddock

Character » Betsy Braddock appears in 4601 issues.

British beauty Elizabeth Braddock is older twin sister of Captain Britain a mutant, former fashion model, and Charter Pilot. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, Leader of Excalibur, and Founder of the reformed Captain Britain Corps, multi-versal alternate versions of herself.

I thought ultimate Psylocke died in Ultimatum?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

To my knowledge, she died at the mansion and had an obituary and was listed among the dead. How did she end up coming back to ultimate comics x-men again for utopia??

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

To knowledge Psylocke has died twice in the Ultimate Universe. As for how she's back during Utopia, Brian Woods has noted prior to his work on Ultimate X-Men, he had never read an Ultimate X-Men story and just wanted to write a good story. That story happened to involve a dead Psylocke and it also happened to slip passed editorial.

EDIT: Just remembered that she said she swapped bodies just before her "death" during Ultimatum thus surviving the wave in a way. She was just in hiding until she reappeared.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To knowledge Psylocke has died twice in the Ultimate Universe. As for how she's back during Utopia, Brian Woods has noted prior to his work on Ultimate X-Men, he had never read an Ultimate X-Men story and just wanted to write a good story. That story happened to involve a dead Psylocke and it also happened to slip passed editorial.

EDIT: Just remembered that she said she swapped bodies just before her "death" during Ultimatum thus surviving the wave in a way. She was just in hiding until she reappeared.

I guess... Apparently she appeared in Dived we fall. Untited we stand arc... But does that shed any light on anything?? Or does she just appear like she never died? I actually thought she possed another person. Her new body looks different from her older one. The second body was a young Asian girl with black eyes. This version seems older and has regular eyes.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee said:

I guess... Apparently she appeared in Dived we fall. Untited we stand arc... But does that shed any light on anything?? Or does she just appear like she never died? I actually thought she possed another person. Her new body looks different from her older one. The second body was a young Asian girl with black eyes. This version seems older and has regular eyes.

I just read the wiki page because I knew something was wrong. I mixed up her body swaps. The swap I'm referring to was the original one. I was correct pre-edit. Psylocke being alive post Ultimatum was unexplained and slipped through editorial. Sorry lol

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

I just read the wiki page because I knew something was wrong. I mixed up her body swaps. The swap I'm referring to was the original one. I was correct pre-edit. Psylocke being alive post Ultimatum was unexplained and slipped through editorial. Sorry lol

Seriously? LOL
    I was pissed when she died again during ultimatum-- considering she was one of my favorite characters.
    I'm happy she came back-- but the lack of explanation on how is awkward... considering they went out of their way to randomly establish that she was dead in the newspaper post ultimatum. And is another reason why the ultimate universe can come off sloppy & random with all these writer changes. Too many cooks in the kitchen if you ask me.

I love Brian Wood-- but wtf??

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Seriously? LOL

I was pissed when she died again during ultimatum-- considering she was one of my favorite characters.

I'm happy she came back-- but the lack of explanation on how is awkward... considering they went out of their way to randomly establish that she was dead in the newspaper post ultimatum. And is another reason why the ultimate universe can come off sloppy & random with all these writer changes. Too many cooks in the kitchen if you ask me.

Yeah I know. But I remember that he literally came out and said, I believe on Twitter or in an interview, that he never bothered reading any of the Ultimate Universe prior to his run and just wanted to use Psylocke because he's a big fan. I think it's a little disrespectful to the history and readers by doing something like that. I mean, yeah it's comics, characters come back all the time and what not, but that was literally IGNORED!

I'm also still waiting on the explanation for how Prof X, Magneto, and Apocalypse are alive.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Seriously? LOL

Yeah I know. But I remember that he literally came out and said, I believe on Twitter or in an interview, that he never bothered reading any of the Ultimate Universe prior to his run and just wanted to use Psylocke because he's a big fan. I think it's a little disrespectful to the history and readers by doing something like that. I mean, yeah it's comics, characters come back all the time and what not, but that was literally IGNORED!

I'm also still waiting on the explanation for how Prof X, Magneto, and Apocalypse are alive.

Right!^ I'm reading the Uptopia... and Psylocke is NOTHING like either of her previous counterparts. And Neither is Jean really. Storm is alright and so is Rogue... but the story just seems so off putting at times considering X-men's ultimate run had such a rich and quality history. It would've made more sense if Psylocke was Emma instead.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kidchipotle

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Seriously? LOL

Right!^ I'm reading the Uptopia... and Psylocke is NOTHING like either of her previous counterparts. And Neither is Jean really. Storm is alright and so is Rogue... but the story just seems so off putting at times considering X-men's ultimate run had such a rich and quality history. It would've made more sense if Psylocke was Emma instead.

The entire post-Death of Spider-Man X-Men series is really rough. I truly think Marvel just had no idea where to take the mutants and just let the writers do whatever they wanted. They more or less ignored a ton of previously established continuity and it was annoying. It's one of the reasons I think X-Men don't have a new ongoing post-Cataclysm.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Comics

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

@poisonfleur said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

Seriously? LOL

The entire post-Death of Spider-Man X-Men series is really rough. I truly think Marvel just had no idea where to take the mutants and just let the writers do whatever they wanted. They more or less ignored a ton of previously established continuity and it was annoying. It's one of the reasons I think X-Men don't have a new ongoing post-Cataclysm.

I noticed that. It's strange because I got into it when Storm escaped Camp Angel and Collosus became a killer. And I loved the early Karren Grant/Jean stories.. But Now.. Brain Wood.. Dafuq is it really that hard to read some ultimate comics and get yourself up to speed?? I know there are like 20 but c'mon read the last 10 or so dude... Skim please!! And that crazy because I LOVE Brian Wood.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would have been happy if they would have just had some sort of explanation as to why Jean all of a sudden went bat sh1t crazy

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I noticed that. It's strange because I got into it when Storm escaped Camp Angel and Collosus became a killer. And I loved the early Karren Grant/Jean stories.. But Now.. Brain Wood.. Dafuq is it really that hard to read some ultimate comics and get yourself up to speed?? I know there are like 20 but c'mon read the last 10 or so dude... Skim please!! And that crazy because I LOVE Brian Wood.

I would have been happy if they would have just had some sort of explanation as to why Jean all of a sudden went bat sh1t crazy

Jean being crazy is just another mistake by Woods...he could have brought his A-Game to Ultimate X-Men if he actually did his research but he chose not too. It's not even like his mistakes were anything HUGE but they're significant enough to the readers for being massive miscalculations. And now we're in a world where the mutants are loved by people finally but their fates are unknown -.-

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.