By Xerolot 10 Comments
The Wild Hunt known as Red Riders are elvish warriors from another world. The Red Riders are the most elite group of soldiers who protect the capital of their kingdom - Tir ná Lia. Under the king's leadership they travel to other worlds as frightening ghosts or warriors riding skeleton horses. They are flying at the sky in their spectral form, trying to capture and use innocent people as slaves. It was stated that people captured by the Wild Hunt do not age and when they go back to their homes they can see graves of their family which died by natural ways. The Riders rarely appear in their physical forms but when they do, even the bravest of warriors are stunned by fear when facing the elite of elves Aen Elle.
According to tradition and eye witness accounts, the Wild Hunt abducts people, forcing them to join its mad gallopade on the sky. It's harvest is especially rich just before or during a great war, like a few years ago in Novigrad, when over twenty people went missing without a trace after the Wild Hunt passed. Some of the abductees managed to escape the cavalcade back into the world of the living, but the stories they told were so extraordinary that they were always considered insane.
According to the Nordlings, the Wild Hunt is a procession, or rather a cavalcade of skeletal horsemen. They rush across the sky on the bony remains of steeds. Clad in rusty remnants of armor, they wear jagged swords at their waists. Like comets, the Wild Hunt is an omen of war, which has been confirmed beyond all doubt. The spectral cavalcade ventures out in search of victims every several years, but its harvest was never as rich as just before the last war with Nilfgaard, when over twenty souls went missing in Novigrad alone after the Hunt passed through. Curiously, elven and dwarven legends make not the slightest mention of the Wild Hunt.
Common abilities and gear of warriors Aen Elle
- Every Wild Hunt solidier uses the frost as their advantage. The ground freezes under their boots and their armor is always covered with ice which makes the armor tougher. If opponent destroyed the ice, it takes around 10 seconds for the ice to cover the armor again.
- Eredin, Imlerith, Caranthir and Navigators have the ability to teleport on the battlefield. They can teleport instantaneously when they want and to where they want.
- Caranthir and Navigators have the ability to create portals. Wild Hunt soldiers can walk into them and they will teleport to where they want.
- Wild Hunt warrios wield various weapons. Greatswords, one handed swords/hammers with shields, pikes, axes and warhammers. It's worth to mention that their gear is tough enough to not be even scratched by witchers blade (Witcher swords are more sharp than a razor and can cut medieval plate armor like butter)
- The armor of the Aen Elle was stated to be too tough to be penetrated by normal medieval-like weapons. Only witcher blades are sharp enough to penetrate it. Witcher swords are made of meteorites and covered with magic runes.
Eredin - King of the Wild Hunt
Eredin is tall, powerfull warrior and charismatic leader. After killing king Auberon he became the King of the Wild Hunt. When their world was going to get destroyed by White Frost he decided to capture Ciri and use her power to trasport his people to another world. He was stopped and killed by Geralt of Rivia, however the White Frost was stopped by Ciri before it destroyed the world of Aen Elle.
- Eredin is able to match Geralt of Rivia strength wise. Geralt feats:
Here we see Geralt defend from a downwards blow from Imlerith and even overpower him. Imlerith is strong enough to casually lift a fully grown man up by the neck with a single hand, and then effortlessly snap his neck with a single twist of his wrist. Notice when Geralt's sword is struck by Imlerith's mace it doesn't budge an inch. It would be almost impossible for a real life human to keep their sword in such a steady position after it is struck, but Geralt is able to do it against an opponent with superhuman strength, who has a much larger and heavier weapon and then goes on to overpower him.
Blocks a strike from an angered Striga without giving any ground or even being staggered, and then casually floors it. Strigas are stronger than werewolves and can break silver power-dampening chains off of them without any leverage.
Reflexes and combat speed
- Parries lighting bolt with his sword. It's worth to mention that he did a movement when the lighting was already shot what is great speed feat.
- Geralt of Rivia cannot blitz him / His reflexes and combat speed is enough to match Geralt. Witcher speed feats:
Geralt looks to be about a quarter of a metre away from a Werecat in the air and is quick enough to avoid his claw and cut off his arm by the next panel. It should be noted that Werecats also have supernatural speed, though to what degree is unknown.
- Lolstomps three skellige warriors. Such soldiers from Skellige are very experienced, they live from fighting. Worth to mention is that they were berserkers - warriors who can turn into giant bears. Berserkers were stated to be the elite of Skellige fighters.
- Eredin was stated to be expert fighter.
- Matches Geralt skill wise. Geralt feats:
Breaks into a prison for Witches and kills all the guards inside. Here it is said that the Prison is better guarded than "the Keep at Vicovaro", which is the Keep of an important Nilfgaardian official. The Prison is guarded by lots of highly trained Witch Hunters. The video here skipped the part where Geralt cut down over a dozen guards in an open courtyard whilst also being fired at by archers. If anyone has a better clip, please link it.
Fights a group of large cats and a Werecat and is winning until he has a conversation with the Werecat. The people by him aren't helping in the fight, but are hiding. If anyone knows what kind of cats Geralt is fighting please let me know and I'll edit it in.
After just having been in a shipwreck and knocked unconscious, Geralt wakes up whilst unarmed, kills a load of armed soldiers without weapons or armour and then takes a sword. He then goes on to defeat six royal guards as well as the mage with them.
Here Geralt solos a bunch of Ghouls and Lesser Vampires. Ghouls are strong enough to easily break wooden doors down and Lesser Vampires are in the multi-ton strength range, have very sharp claws and a bunch of other wildcard abilities like invisibility.
Geralt has fought off and killed large groups of Wild Hunt warriors at many points throughout the game. Most notably at The Battle of Kaer Morhen. Also at many other points in the game. Back to the Kaer Morhen one though, at multiple points Geralt is alone and has to fighter through dozens singlehandedly whilst closing gates and portals.Not only are regular Wild Hunt Riders physically superior to humans, (and possibly witchers,) they are also skilled. They are also incredibly large and heavy and have a far reach as well as being well equipped. Beating a load of Wild Hunt warriors at once in straight up fights is more impressive than using ambush tactics to take down vampires whilst depowered.
Geralt kills six highly skilled swordsmen at once without taking a hit. Earlier in the novel, it is said that these six plus Renfri would be able to take on the entire guardforce of Blaviken alone, and that "No warrior in the world could match seven swordsmen." Geralt did, and remained unharmed. He only gets cut after he kills the six and has a one-on-one fight with Renfri. The only reason he gets hit is because he has a strong emotional connection and does not want to fight.
Effortlessly beats a highborn Knight with a sword he describes as "heavy", comparing its weight to that of a spade. He is used to wielding lighter swords, whilst his opponent is wielding his sword of choice. He is told that he is not allowed to draw blood, so he beats Tailles by making his sword smash into his face.
Fought all of the Crinfrid Reavers at once. Yennefer claims that Geralt would have won the fight if it had continued. Geralt is certain that the Reavers together would be capable of killing a Golden Dragon.
Geralt defeats Dethmold, one of the most powerful sorcerers of the time, and Adam Pangratt, a peak human and one of the best mercenaries in the world at once, when they also have four of Pangratt's mercenaries helping. Vernon Roche was with Geralt, but we know for a fact that he is a far inferior fighter to Geralt.
Kills Imlerith, a General of the Wild Hunt. He even commments, "Who taught you to fight like this?"From his bio, we learn that Imlerith is incredibly brutal and powerful, he is very experienced and has fought in "countless" battles and is also agile and skilled and has beaten other agile and skilled fighters in 1v1 fights to the death.He is also capable of snapping a witcher's neck whilst he is already suspended in the air with a single hand using only a twist of his wrist.
Kills a Higher Vampire without prep. Higher Vampires are arguably the most powerful creature in The Witcher Universe and this specific one had already killed witchers before, and knew that Geralt hadn't fought one before because he was still alive.
Kills a Higher Vampire, which most witchers won't even dare take a contract on. Higher Vampires are strong enough to pick up and throw carriages, and can toss people through stone walls. They also move at FTE speeds and have healing factors.
Geralt has overcome a Bruxa, an opponent who is much stronger and faster than him and speedblitzes, who can also heal in combat, turn invisible and still fight like that and who can also release sonic screams through pure skill.
Geralt defeats Dettlaff van der Eretin, the Beast of Beauclair.*Dettlaff is blatantly FTE,can attack people from a mist form,can singlehandedly destroy a city and can stomp 100 Palace guardsmen and move faster than the wind but he is still no match for Geralt.His bios confirm that he has the precision of a master butcher and is extremely skilled with conventional weapons. Despite being a blatantly FTE multi-tonner with claws capable of shredding through armour who speedblitzes, who can also go into mist form and has a healing factor as well as lots of technical skill he came up short against Geralt.
This quest shows just how brutal witcher training is. They were forced to constantly train and could not stop even when wounded. Pre-teens who had not even undergone mutations had to repeatedly do fifty push-ups for missing an archery target which they presumably would have done a lot at that age.
Here is Ciri training at the age of twelve. She is flipping across thin beams blindfolded whilst attacking a target and keeping balance, and Geralt even comments that she's slow. She is even able to get off with a backflip.
Imlerith is the general of the Wild Hunt. As an elf from another world he helps Eredin and his people to capture Ciri the adopted daughter of Geralt of Rivia and use her power to escape from their dying world. Powerfull and experienced warrior who has fought in countless of battles and one of the people who have almost killed Geralt of Rivia.
Imlerith is massive, Avallach who knows him well said that Imlerith tries to scare his opponent. Make his opponent fear him and strike him down with brute force.
- Sends flying an adult man (with superhuman stats) in full medieval gear with one kick:
- Breaks through castle wooden gate with only a mace. (later we can see that the gate is completely destroyed)
During his fight against Geralt of Rivia he was able to parry Geralt strikes, counterattack, dodge and even attack Geralt before he could react. He can match speed-wise people who are crossbow-timers. The fact alone that he wasn't blitzed by Geralt is great feat but giving the witcher fight for his live and pushing him back? That's is serious feat.
Durability and pain tolerance:
- He can be stabbed with witcher sword to the chest and continue fighting, in that scene later we can see that even after having his face burned alive he's still conscious. Before that he was stabbed to the knee by Vesemir and was able to continue fighting without any problems and stabbed to the chest with dagger by the same witcher.
- Imlerith was stated to be the general of the Wild Hunt who has fought in countless of battles in many different worlds. He's a master of fighting with mace/sword+shield.
- His best skill feat is definitely giving hell of a fight to Geralt - one of the most skilled characters in whole witcherverse. Geralt couldn't outskill him in pure swordsmanship and had to rely on magical signs to gain the upper hand.
- Imlerith is skilled with magic to teleport around on the battlefield. He shows great mastery over it comparable to the best of the sorceresses.
- Besides common gear such as Wild Hunt armor, Imlerith wields giant mace and massive shield
Caranthir is the main navigator of the Wild Hunt (he makes portals through time and dimensions). As a "Golden Child" he was trained by Avallach - powerfull mage to save people of Aen Elle. He's very skilled combatant and a mage.
Avallach said that Caranthir is cold pragmatic. Pragmatic person is a person who relies on practical approach to problems and affairs. He take action after rethink and analyzing facts.
- He is able to overpower Eskel strength-wise in a melee combat. Eskel's strength was stated to be equal to Geralts book version.
- Matches Geralt of Riva strength wise
Relfexes and combat speed
- During his fight against Eskel he was matching him speed wise. He even forced him to fight defensive and then broke witchers defense. You can see that he tagged Eskel few times, showing he's faster than his opponent. How fast is Eskel? According to author of the books he's equal to Geralt from the books. Geralt from the books was operating at blur speeds, deflecting crossbow bolts with his sword and moving faster than eye can see.
- Reacts to Ciri teleportation with his own. Ciri was able lolblitz multiple groups of trained Wild Hunt Warriors before (crossbow-bolt timers at least)
- Matches Geralt of Rivia speed wise
Durability and stamina
- He can fight against Ciri who's very fast, teleporting opponent and after that against Geralt who can move at blur speed/FTE without a break. He defeated one and almost defeated another one.
- Caranthir wields a staff which can sustain powerfull spells without tiring his owner.
- Matches Geralt of Rivia skill wise on mostly comparable skill level.
- Caranthir can teleport himself and make magical portals for others. His portals and teleportation are powerfull enough to teleport giant ship across the worlds.
- Caranthir abilities works even in place which negates magic. Caranthir freezes entire cave, summoning the White Frost. The cold was so powerfull that Geralt would die if not Keiras magic shield. The frost is able to break through magic sign Quen which can tank massive meteors and explosions of fire. After that Caranthir creates ice wall to stop his opponents from chasing him
Wild hunt warriors
Each Wild Hunt warrior has gone through a rigorous selection process, but Eredin's personal cavalcade includes only the most brutal and most ferocious of the Aen Elle
Feats for Geralt are from @lubub55 respect thread for Geralt.