By Xerolot 23 Comments
The Scotsman. One of the strongest characters in the "Samurai Jack" cartoon. He's the most wanted man on the entire Earth (besides Jack) and the most loyal friend of Jack. Incredible skilled and eloquent scottish warrior who doesn't know what's fear.
- The Scotman seems to be immune to mind controll/manipulation/charming. The sirens couldn't controll him, but we can see that they can controll everybody else, including robots, cyborgs, humans and aliens. Even Samurai Jack couldn't resist.
- Scotsman is slightly stronger than Jack or his equal.
How strong is Jack?
Peak Human Strength: Jack has deceptive raw strength for his lean frame, able to cleanly cut through all advanced machines and robots (besides adamantium Ultrabots) without effort. He can easily throw opponents much larger than himself. Also, following his training with the blue monkeys, his strength increased immensely, able to jump about while weighed down all over by large rocks and boulders. In building up his muscles for this improved physical prowess, he also gained the ability to jump about hundreds of feet into the air, even from a stationary position.
Reflexes and speed
- Scotsman is Jacks equal in terms of reflexes and combat speed. However Jack can run slightly faster and can outrun him in a long-distance race (due to having way better stamina). Why I think they are equal in those terms? Because they were fighting evenly for 2 days without break. Jack couldn't penetrate Scotsmans defenses.
- Scotsmans gear:
- Main weapon. It seems to be a scottish Claymore. Very long sword which gaves him very long reach in the fight. Seems to have the same cutting power as Jacks sword. + It looks like it is indestructible due to magic runes. Jacks sword can destroy normal swords without any problems and when Jack decided to do special move which should be able to destroy any weapon - Scotsman sword tanked it. When Scotsman physical body will die they sword will change him into ghost of his prime self. He is able to talk with normal people in this form, fly and play on his pipes. While playing he can affect the physical world. He can create a physical bridge with his music, stun his opponents with loud music and create huge, castle-sized barrier which protects everyone inside from physical attacks such as arrows and flying spikes. Those spikes were able to oneshot advanced, futuristic war machines so it's pretty tough.
- Secondary weapon. SMG which seems to be attached to his body. Bullets from this smg can oneshot advanced, futuristic killer robots.
- Granades. He has few bombs-granades in his gear, They work like normal granades but their destrucitve power seems to be far more great. One bomb can oneshot entire building or ship.
- Bagpipes. Normal, music instrument
- Round shield - Shield that he carriers on his back. This shield is tough enough to block gunfire without a scratch
He seems to be Jacks equal in swordsmanship. Jack couldn't penetrate his defenses and Scotsman couldn't penetrate Jacks defenses.
So if he's his equal how good is Jack?
Master Swordsman: Jack's signature and arguably greatest skill is his performance with a sword. Jack's style relies primarily on swiftness and precision in his strikes, balancing with strong defensive stances that parry his opponent's strikes until finding an opening for a decisive blow.
Jack was stated to be the best swordsman in his respective universe. (this including not only earth but few other worlds). He defeated an army of "Best" warriors collected from few worlds, he lolstomped best Earth bounty hunters. He was training since he was a kid and travelled across the entire world to master every known fight technique.