[Character List Link]
Real Name: A.L.E.X. X Alpha
Known Aliases: The Psyentist, Dr. Alexandra Grace Steele, Xandra, Psy, Mistress, Headmistress, White Queen, Frost Queen, Ivory Imperial, Mistress of the Mind, Mutant Mistress, Vampiric Vixen, Sanguine Seductress, Lady in White
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Weight: 144 lbs
Age: Immortal/Ageless (65)
Race: Human Mutant/Vampire hybrid
Identity: Public (knowledge of vampirism restricted)
Occupation(s): Psychiatrist, formerly: university professor, researcher, academy headmistress, pro-Domme, author
Place of Birth: Switzerland
Education: Extensive schooling through college and internship including medical school with an emphasis on psychiatry and a PhD in Psychology, stolen mental information from various scientists via psionic abilities
Marital Status: Dating Xenon
Relatives: Jacque Quentin (father), Angelique Strauss-Quentin, (mother, deceased), Gregory Rėza (uncle), Alexander Steele (brother), Jean Pierre Quentin (clone), Sophia Anne Steele-Knightfall (daughter), Ariel, Ariana, and Anastasia Troika (cloned daughters) [relatives are not widely known]
Known Lovers: Victor Valen, Bale Kelian, Quintus Knightfall, Andres Knightfall, Santiago Porthos, Mutant, Xenon, Kurt Pendragon (psychic) [not all relations widely known]
Affiliation(s): Rimefrost Society; Formerly The Hellfire Club, The Hellfire Academy, Dark Hellfire Club
Super Power Origin: Mutation/scientific experimentation
Powers/Mutation: Omega-level telekinesis, omega-level telepathy, possession via psy-jump, mind sensing, conditional phasing and siphon, regeneration, immortality, temporary power absorption, psionic connection with her male clone
Equipment: Frost ring, teleportation device given to her by Xenon for travel
POWERS AND ABILITIES
Between the two of them at varying times, Xandra and Jean’s telekinesis has been shown to:
- Augment healing/restructure injured anatomy/other support bodily manipulation
- Induce aneurysms/heart attacks/other offensive forms of bodily manipulation
- Allow the user to reach up to Mach 1 speeds when flying
- Form a sharp edge at the width of several nanometres
- Form a shield varying from loose and weblike (to catch projectiles or absorb and disperse incoming kinetic energy) to extremely resilient (to repel projectiles)
- Create visible constructs such as weapons or armour that do not lose durability/can be quickly restored
- Simulate super strength up to 100 tons
- Allow for lesser pyrogenesis/pyrokinesis, terrakinesis, hydrokinesis, and aerokinesis
- Offensive abilities usually need a line of sight to execute with the exception of internal bodily manipulation thanks to the medical training of both.
- The amount of concentration used to create/sustain TK techniques is determined by the strength of the ability used. In some situations, a softer shield can be kept up with split concentration in tandem with simpler telekinetic attacks (such as TK bolts).
- When teamed up, one would usually focus on a defensive role while the other focuses on an offensive role.
Xandra and Jean possess telepathy granting them a number of abilities including but not limited to:
- Mind Sensing/Intuition—this is a simple, low concentration ability she uses often involving an ability to sense the presence of sentient beings in her vicinity and often use the feeling of mental projections to gain a educated guess as to their type of being (a mind that does not read as human may be alien, psionic mutants or people with mind-based abilities emit certain frequencies that are easily detected, etc.)
- Psychic Communication—this can be a one or two-way street with her projecting words or pictures into a person’s mind. The target of this may project words or images back to her just like a conversation. Because of the nature of psionic communication, this can all be done through base thoughts rather than actual language allowing both to be able to communicate despite oral commutation being limited by language differences. If she reads the mind of a person, she will understand what they are saying even if they are speaking a foreign language in which she has not been trained.
- Illusions—simply, this is the ability to make a mind perceive things that are not there, specifically targeting parts of the brain that interpret sensory input without the senses physically being being acted upon. This effect is augmented by utilizing the target’s own imagination as fuel. They may think they are experiencing painful stimuli while their body remains untouched. It can also be used to make things or people appear invisible.
- Astral Projection—This is the ability to create a visible mental construct to interact with people even when the telepath is not nearby. It is by it’s nature intangible unless a telepath is incorporating abilities like illusion or psychosomatic control to simulate physical reality.
- Memory Manipulation—Xandra has often used this in her psychiatric practice on willing clients. Putting their body into a relaxed state, she is able to sort through their memories, bringing memories through the various states of consciousness, pushing some into a subconscious state only accessible through dreams, hypnosis or telepathy, pulling them from subconscious storage into the forefront for access by the client. She is also able to erase memories entirely or absorb their memories into her own consciousness for later retrieval.
- Psychosomatic Control—this is one of her preferred offensive ways of utilizing telepathy. It utilizes the mind’s control over the body by influencing a person's perception of their physical state. This can be used for causing a target to go blind, become paralyzed, experience crippling pain, etc. She has used it in conjunction with her telekinetic bodily manipulation to influence the peripheral nervous system directly with similar results.
- Psychic Inhibitors—this ability is also used occasionally in her psychiatric patients with the consent of her clients. She also sometimes uses it at the behest of mental and prison institutions to control super powered people. Simply, they mentally shut down or lessen abilities. She has used it in mutations that are dangerous to people, training her patients in how to use their abilities on a smaller scale before removing the inhibitors allowing them to more easily gain control over the full expanse of their abilities.
- Psychic Blocking—this is an ability which hides psychic presences from other psychic’s awareness and/or hinders psychic intrusion.
- Possession/scrying—the ability to see and/or sense things through the mind of another. By possessing the mind of another, she can cause the subject to act as she commands. She can also use their senses to get a view of what is going on around the subject as if she was there instead of the subject.
- Psychic Energy Constructs and Manipulation—Psychic energy usually is used to create mental pain or to shut down certain systems. It can also be used in conjunction with psychosomatic control and illusions. Her favourite method is to create psionic fire, a construct that can be seen by those whose minds are open to telepathy, but it does not behave like traditional flames. It consumes no physical resources and does not burn. Instead it simulates the burning sensation of fire without destroying the nerves with which it comes in contact allowing the pain to be continuous.
- Mind Link—a mind link is a psychic rapport between two or more people. It can allow for psychic communication between the members. In the case of the rapport between Alexandra, Jean, and the Triune, it can amplify their abilities by creating an immeasurably powerful psychic hive-mind.
- Mind-sensing/intuition might not be viable in cases where a rival telepath is engaging psychic blocking.
- Psychic communication can more complicated for types of minds that are resistant or alien to telepathy despite presenting outside the mind.
- Astral projections are likely to only be perceived by people who are capable of being influenced by telepathy.
- Inhibitors cannot erase a power all together merely suppress it, and while they are effective they are still vulnerable to unconscious release. Sometimes stressful situations can break the inhibitors depending on how strong the reaction is compared to the strength of the mental block.
- Concentration is the chief ammunition of telepathy like telekinesis. The more Xandra's attention is split, the lesser the effect for certain abilities.
- The furthest Xandra has been able to reach with her telepathic abilities is around 5,000 miles.
- Some telepathic abilities can have lasting effects that go beyond the initial manipulation even if the caster falls unconscious while others are temporary use powers or bursts.
- While connected together, it is possible that Xandra, Jean, and the Triune (the Psychic Five) can spread their telepathic reach across the globe and affect untold numbers of people, their concentration is increased dramatically. Their most notable feat was defeating a villainous portion of Andres Knightfall during the Hellfire conflict.
The Psyentist's CVnU Timeline
- 1950--Birth (Geneva, Switzerland)
- 1955--Home school (Geneva)
- 1963--Mutant powers manifested; Immigration to USA; Public School (New York City, New York)
- 1966--University; Psychology/Biology double major (Empire State University)
- 1971--Doctorate Programme; Counseling (ESU)/Pro-Domme career (Castle Domina, NYC)
- 1973--Medical School (New York School of Medicine)
- 1980--Psychology Professorship/Superhuman Research (ESU)
- 1987--Book publishing "Psychotherapy and the Superhuman"
- 1989--Head psychiatrist at New York General Hospital
- 1996--Birth of Sophia Steele-Knightfall
- 1998--Book publishing "The Human-Mutant Relationship: The Sociopolitical Implications of Evolution"
- 2000--Establishment of Steele Mental Institution (Albany, NY)/research continued
- 2010--Private Psychiatric Practice (NYC)/Private Pro-Domme Career
- 2013--White Queen of the Hellfire Club; Establishment of Hellfire Academy (Paris, France); Taken by the Third Society
- 2014--Reopening of Steele Psychiatric Office (NYC); book publishing "The Bound Psyche"; Establishment of the shadow branch of the Hellfire Club (Athens, Greece)
- 2015--Return to Earth with Xenon, rise to the Rimefrost throne
Her eyes blazed opalescent in the varying light, the usual icy blue catching the rainbow rays and dispelling them from orbs with a diamond's fire. Her shapely legs were clad in shined PVC leggings, a matching bustier tied about her bosom, accenting her tiny waist and meticulously toned stomach. Her frosty lips parted into a pearly smile over her pristine ivory features. Platinum blonde tresses fell softly over her delicate shoulders. Those who paused in their debauched merriment to see the majestic Mutant Mistress were lost in awe for the moment. She was an unparalleled image of beauty and grace tinged with the mystery of something far darker and more sinister. For it was unnatural for one such as her to bestow such an etherial presence upon the mortal plane, and those sumptuous curves that lay exposed taunted and teased in such a way that could only mean danger. It was part of her vampiric intrigue, the persona of a siren.
THE PSYENTIST'S BIOGRAPHY
Alexandra (ALEX X Alpha) and her twin brother Scorn (ALEX Y Alpha) were conceived using the genetic material of the mutants Jacque and Angelique Quentin at a special, secret branch of a corporation founded by Heinrich Keller (Dr. Genetix) called YOUgenics. With the aid of Jacque's half-brother, a lich named Gregory Rėza, created a unique strain of vampirism which bequeathed a kind of progressive immortality linked to the continual consumption of blood. When combined with the mutant genetics, another trait manifested, the ability to temporarily borrow and adapt to abilities held within a victim's blood. The company, who specialized in genetic alteration, gave Jacque, also known as Q, the opportunity to choose the kind of child he wanted. The scientists examined the DNA for composition and flaws and made a genetic copy of the female embryo changing the last chromosome to male. Combinations of their genes were used create nearly a hundred different variations. The twins were kept in a womb together for experimentation while the clone and other experiments were monitored separately.
After their ninth month, the twins ALEX X and ALEX Y were delivered from a synthetic womb and given to an interim foster family. The two were raised by Dr. Karl Lehmann and his wife but continually were sent to the laboratory in Switzerland for examination. It was difficult to separate the siblings even in their early years.
When ALEX X was thirteen she discovered what they were doing to her and her brother... the splicing of DNA in his case and the introduction of a strain of vampiric virus in hers. After discovering the horror each other had experienced, Alexandra's mutant powers manifested. She possessed telekinesis (the ability to move objects with the mind) and the ability to "psy-jump" by linking to the target's mind and phasing into his or her mind and body (giving her the ability to control every aspect of them, absorb their energy into herself, manipulate their mind and memories, even implant illusions that last after she has left them). The synthesized vampire virus granted her decelerated aging that eventually stopped and granted her the ability of power absorption for a number of hours after ingesting special blood. She adopted the name The Psyentist. The super-powered pair slaughtered the staff involved and destroyed the facility, killing many of the failed experiments in stasis. Xandra informed her horror-stricken foster mother who then smuggled the two out of the country to the United States. There the twins lived in an orphanage under the assumed names Alexandra and Alexander Steele.
BLOG: Predators--A story of Alexandra's time at YOUgenics and the struggle she has with her monstrous nature as well as her relationships with her clone Jean Quentin and lover at the time, Andres Knightfall.
For the most part her new identity was kept hidden as she continued her education. In college she met Jean Quentin. She helped him refine his powers, and the three became close friends. Through their relationship and psionic capabilities, Xandra and Jean developed a psychic link that would continue as long as they both lived. It wasn't until a few years later that Q informed them that Jean was really one of the surviving ALEX projects who had been adopted by Q, and that she and her brother were Q's biological children. The three were only some of the genetic experiments that had taken place.
She achieved a PhD in Psychology and received her medical degree to practice psychiatry. She works at her psychiatric office that is open to meta-humans seeking therapy or giving consultation to other mental hospitals dealing with meta-humans.
BLOG: Deviant Psychosexuality: An Interview with Dr. Steele
Being the White Queen, she adopted the white lingerie associated with the post, the raiment quickly becoming a staple of her attire. Her usual outfit consists of a white corseted bustier, bikini cut bottoms or sometimes pants, thigh-high and stiletto boots, and white gloves. She has also worn other variations emblazoned with an "X" for her name. Because of her vampirism, her lips are usually a vibrant red, though on occasion she colours them with silver colour. As a psychiatrist, she would usually wear a white suit. During the Hellfire conflict, her outfit changed to a golden breast plate in the shape of a phoenix after absorbing Abigail McCormac's pyrokinetic powers.
BLOG: The Return
As tribute to Jayden Knightfall during his days as Black King, Q offered the monarch an ultimate weapon to protect the Hellfire Club: The Triune. Now, the Triune was not a technical weapon at all nor even a singular entity. It was three triplet telepaths that had been created by Dr. Genetix as a part of the ALEX project in another YOUgenics facility. The three girls were created from Alexandra's own DNA. They were called the Triune. The three together were capable of cosmic level telepathy as augmented by a psychic chamber hidden within the bowels of the Hellfire Club. Since the Black King's fall, Alexandra took ownership of the triplets, disgusted that such capable children, her children, were being used solely as a defensive mechanism. She took to training them and enrolled them in her Hellfire Academy. During the Hellfire battle, the three linked with PsyKnight and the Psyentist to form a five psionic mutant connection that took down Andres.
The Hellfire Club
Alexandra Steele became White Queen of the Hellfire Club under the regime of Jayden Knightfall. Her lover Andres Knightfall was granted a throne as White King and ruled beside her. After Alexandra overheard Andres plotting with Quintus Knightfall (presumed to be his cousin and the son of Jayden and with whom she had a previous sexual relationship), Dr. Steele informed the Knightfall elder of the scheme. The betrayal tore apart the previously cherished relationship between Xandra and the Spaniard, her allegiance being first to the Hellfire Club. Her intentions of protecting Jayden and Grace Knightfall as the primary monarchs of the HFC faltered after her father Q revealed it was destiny that the previous court would fall and Andres and his new lover Valerie Huntington-Whiteley would rise as Black King and Queen. The proud doctor still softened from her romance conceded her loyalty to Andres as the new Black King.
But the board was not set yet as Valerie set her sights on the title of White Queen, insisting that it belonged to her. Andres, not wanting to go against his former love, claimed neutrality in their feud for the time. Xandra began to extend her influence through the club by reestablishing the Hellfire Academy and setting herself as headmistress. Andres even managed to kill his former lover, gripped by some primal evil. She might have stayed dead had she not been saved by her White Knight, jer clone Jean who brought her back to life with surgical precision before it was too late. The event culminated in a battle (OoC) between Xandra and Andres and their respective forces. The Psychic Five consisting of Xandra, Jean, and the Triune managed to free Andres Knightfall from the villainous part of him that had enslaved him ending the fight. There were casualties on both sides, and the school never fully recovered. Despite winning the battle, Xandra's reign as White Queen would be short-lived...
A Shattered Mind
Soon after the Hellfire civil war, Xandra was captured by a hive of quantum machines called the Third Society. Her mind was put through rigorous reconditioning in which she shattered her consciousness to avoid losing her psyche to their machinations. It was also a plan to inform her daughter and clone of the plot hatched by Aphasic and Zedora to indoctrinate the rest of the humanoid population.
Her previous lover had also been snared by the Third Society but managed to escape their clutches. After a talk with Jean, Xandra's male clone sought out Santiago Porthos at his office in Avalon to see about reforming Dr. Steele's mind from the fragments he had collected. Her mind was restored, but her stint in space-time geometry left her weary and mentally taxed.
The reformation of her mind after the tampering of the Third Society in addition to her extended recovery in the psionic plane unlocked her more expansive telepathic power including all the abilities associated with it including: mental communication, mind reading, mind control/possession, peripheral nervous system control, illusion casting, astral projection.
Even as a student, she had an obsession with gaining more power. One such way she saw to achieve this was to have a child who would exceed her own abilities and carry on her legacy. With this in mind, she studied various potential genetic specimens until her attention settled on the Knightfall family tree, Quintus Knightfall in particular. She seduced the young Quintus and became pregnant with his child. She named the daughter Sophia. But before she was born, Alexandra was kidnapped, Sophia ripped from her womb by a group of anti-mutant extremists. After having been saved by a future version of herself from a world where she was a weapon used to exterminate superhumans, the girl would grow up to become the Brainchild, a powerful telekinetic limited only by her imagination and even stumble upon her father in his Black Eden Estate.
The revelation of to whom Sophia was related was revealed by a shard of Alexandra's consciousness that had been severed by the Third Society. Previously, Sophia had been stolen from her womb, and Xandra thought her dead.
BLOG: Revelations: The Birth of the Brainchild
Sophia was kidnapped by the son of deceased Charlemagne. The young Lucian Lebeau also tortured Santiago Portho's associate and surrogate sister Lena Dante. When the two sought to bring Lucian to justice, they discovered the Brainchild had been turned to his designs. With this new information, the Black Viper and the Psyentist took a tactical retreat to regroup. The union was almost severed by emotional contention until a consensus was reached that Sophia should be sedated and stolen away from the LeBeau Legacy.
BLOG: The Q Family Reunion
The Dark Hellfire Club
BLOG: A White Flame Rekindled
Approached by several members of the Hellfire Club dissatisfied by the inactivity of the organization, desiring to do more than feast in opulence with their combined power, Alexandra saw the opportunity to draw numbers to her side in a new branch of the Hellfire Club. Established in Athens, Greece, the so called Dark Hellfire Club is a faction that separated itself from the original Hellfire Club to enact their own methodology to acquire power. Some of the most powerful beings on the planet were drawn to the concept including King Xenon of Venezuela who would become her lover. Xandra donned her old mantle of White Queen and constructed her own inner circle against the wishes of Valerie Huntington's club. Taking some time to survey the planet, the telepath formulated her strategy to secure power over the globe by fixing the world's ills and establishing the Dark Hellfire Club as much needed leaders in a dark and chaotic world.
BLOG: Dominion... Over All The Earth
The Rimefrost Society
With her ascent to Ivory Imperial of the ancient Rimefrost Society, Xandra was gifted a ring. This ring was constructed by her kinsman, Allure at the behest of Q. It is called the Frost Ring and gives her the ability to transform her body into a water form of ice. This form makes her immensely cold, forming a frozen, regenerative armour that protects her from extreme temperatures while inflicting ice burns on those who might touch her. The ring is linked to her DNA per Rimefrost regulations so it cannot be used by anyone but her.
CV RPG TRUE FACTS: If The Psyentist Won the Presidency
The Psyentist CV PRIME
Character Worksheet http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg/9/character-worksheet/580348/?page=3
She has a secondary, but also sometimes overlapping career as a pro-domme.
Alexandra went back to YOUgenics, the company that had made her, and manipulated the staff into helping her fulfill her desire to be immortal. Through an experimental blood transfusion and a bodily jump start, she gained regenerative powers. But now she must continue to renew her blood supply via vampirism. Other abilities acquired include the ability to psy-jump into deceased beings as opposed to just living humanoids. Also, when she drinks someone's blood she gains some of their powers and sometimes elements of their personality.
The Monolith of Lust
Alexandra was invited to join Malice's Arbiters of War to ultimately bring about the destruction of the known world. Alexandra became the Monolith of Lust. Malice granted her the ability to recall powers that she had absorbed via vampirism in times of stress. She keeps a list of all the people she has bitten and their powers for future use.
A New Loyalty
Now Alexandra joined Jean Luc LeBeau's Dark Utopia located on the continent of Africa for a season. Now she is employed as head mistress at The Hellfire Academy, a branch of the Hellfire Club of which Jean Luc is the White King.
A relative newcomer, born in this century, She is known for her attractiveness and her manipulative uses of this when combined with her intelligence and lust for power. She is incredibly egotistical and has been diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (the diagnosing psychologist she promptly mind-wiped so the information would not be common knowledge). She wishes to become the most powerful person on earth, a goal that isn't quite sinister in itself. Yet.
Notable people's blood that Alexandra has tasted:
Alexander SmithCalder BennettDeath's HandDonnieEzraelGideonGrey WolfThe HunterIcarus/Julian de FlammeKastielKatherineLance LaceyLeo LightshadeMarco SmithMikepoolOrttodrogOverkillPapermaidRavek Val'ChanRuhi TuguScornUmbraVeinViper
The REAL Me
Aliases: Jay August
Status: In a relationship with Pyrogram
Joined: August 2007
Comic Vine's Community Starlet The Psyentist
Best New Character of the Month for March 2011: Spine
Log in to comment