The Snapping Dragonfly
- Aliases:The Dragonfly, the Snapping Dragonfly
- Origin: Human Cyborg
- Gender: Cisgender Female
- Nationality: Korean-American
- Height: 5' 9'
- Weight: 138lbs.
- Eyes: Ochre / Violet
- Hair: Black
- Age: 26
- Alignment: Lawful Neutral
- Sexuality: Unknown
- Styles: Tae Kwon Do, Savate, Muay Thai, Capoeira, Hapkido, Krav Maga
Athletic and lean, Sue Ji Lee (better known as the Dragonfly) is of Korean-American descent with pale skin and a powerful physique. Cropped black hair frames her face, with a pair of cat-like buns atop her head that resemble ears and are wrapped in violet cord. This is one of many small pieces of animal symbolism Sue represents, and varied aspects of her apparel bely her attachment to the aspects of the cat, serpent, and spider.
While the majority of her cybernetic enhancements are subtle and non-physical in nature, utilizing her artificial strength will cause her left eye to glow with a soft violet light. While her enhancements may normally get her disqualified from competitions, Sue has had her strength and durability more or less measured -- instead of being disqualified, she is qualified as a heavyweight combatant.
Sue's personality fluctuates between "disciplined" and "obsessive." She struggles to be the best, dedicating herself heart and soul to her already peerless martial arts skill. However, as taciturn as she can seem when out of combat, she becomes a grinning demon in the ring, relishing every second she gets to prove that she's the best there is at what she does -- with what she does being "kick people in the face."
While not in combat, Sue exhibits hedonistic tendencies -- with a life that revolves around combat, she frequently unwinds with wild benders, making her personality seem even more mercurial.
Minor cybernetic enhancements have made The Dragonfly a perfect warrior, easily able to engage in hand-to-hand combat with men twice her size. While this does not make her truly superhuman, Sue can lift up to one ton under great duress and has a similar degree of durability. Her speed is for the most part natural, though her enhancements do enhance her reflexes very slightly, letting her body react before her mind can necessarily process what's going on -- using electrical impulses to tap into muscle memory in a unique way.
More important, however, are Sue's skills in martial arts, which she has been studying and practicing since the age of two. Though obsession, dedication, and discipline, she has mastered multiple varying fields and combined them into her own unique style evocative of multiple animal styles. All of her stances focus on kicking, small joint manipulation, standing-grapples, and use of the knees and elbows.
- The Serpent Stanceis a low-slung stance that focuses more on sudden movements, takedowns, throws, and unexpected maneuvers. Each move returns to the Serpent Stance and, like Capoeira, telegraphs very little.
- The Cat Stanceis Sue's primary stance, focusing on balance, reach, and striking power. This stance was the one that earned her the nickname "Snapping Dragonfly," for the range and snapping power of her kicks within this stance. It also telegraphs very little, as each kick is but a minor variation on her same one-legged stance.
- The Spider Stancetelegraphs the most, for it focuses on power more than subtlety and is the only stance that makes great use of Sue's hands, which she forms into claws for this stance. The Spider Stance focuses on standing grabs, knees, elbows, disarms, SMJ, and gouges.
Sue shifts between these three stances smoothly and fluidly, and has multiple "shift maneuvers" embedded into her muscle memory -- attacks that utilize specific shifts in stance and both exploit her change in momentum while protecting her during what might otherwise be a very delicate process.
- Lust: 3
- Envy: 4
- Gluttony: 3
- Sloth: 2
- Wrath: 5
- Avarice: 4
- Pride: 5
One of her greatest strengths is actually her greatest weakness. Sue's ability to force her body to react to events her brain hasn't had time to digest means that her body can be "tricked." While her muscle memory has adapted to the majority of feints, with careful thought and adequate knowledge of her cybernetic enhancements, it's not at all impossible to figure out ways to get past her reflexes, testing only the speed capacity of her organic brain.