By RedHood13 21 Comments
Hi, this is RedHood13 i'm new to this site and this is my first blog. I've decided to talk about Man of Steel 2 (well, duh). Man of Steel has gained mixed reactions from fans, critics and average movie-goers all around. I personally loved the film! Despite it's non-stop action, at least the action was good. The emotional parts were great In my honest opinion. When Pa Kent died I almost had full blown tears in my eyes. Some people said they were weak. I digress, this isn't a review!
Man of Tomorrow, the sequel to Man of Steel. No it is not in 2014. I would keep the same cast and crew, except David Goyer would not return not for the screen writer. He could be like Christopher Nolan in the Dark Knight films. He doesn't write the screenplay, but is behind the story. Goyer would say “Hey lets have a movie where Superman does this this and this, with that this and that and at the ending he blah blah blah’s”. It would be the writers job to dive deeper in the story and flesh it out as an actual script. Things I want to see…
1) Clark Kent: I am perfectly fine with what they did in MOS with the whole Clark Kent finding himself thing. I loved the idea. I liked the end scene where Clark dons the signature glasses. The one thing I want to see from Clark Kent is the mumbling bumbling fool act. Some people don’t like him being the clumsy dork type, but honestly that’s the smartest way to do it. His disguise is already easy enough to figure out.
2) Lex Luthor: Lex Luthor, the most iconic Superman villain that’s ever existed. Luthor has been done over and over again in film. All times (IMHO) horribly. Lex Luthor has different sides. The business man who wants Metropolis for himself and thinks Superman is getting in the way of that. The evil scientist who relies on kryptonite and the Evil scientist posing as a businessman. Lex Luthor should mainly be the business man who wants Metropolis for himself and thinks Superman is getting in the way of that. I think Luthor should be just like the Luthor featured in the All Star Superman comics by Grant Morrison. That is the best interpretation of Lex I’ve ever seen. In All Star Superman while Luthor is on trial the judge (I think it’s the judge) compares Lex Luthor to Genghis Khan and Attila the Hun. That’s saying something about his character. Lex Luthor should also not be the main villain, but behind the scenes. You might be thinking we don’t know who’s behind it until a reveal at the end, but I want him to have a big role. Luthor is the main antagonists that sends others out to do his dirty work, so that it doesn't trace back to him.
3) Metallo: I think Metallo should be the guy who Superman thinks is the main bad guy. Luthor sends him out to kill Superman, after discovering the effects of Kryptonite on Superman. Metallo really should just look like a regular guy except for when his skin is peeled off and he just looks like a Terminator. Metallo will also bring out a side of Superman only lightly touched on in past movies. His intelligence. With Metallo being powered by kryptonite which takes away Superman’s powers, Superman will have to rely on his brain to get him out of the situation rather than his brawn.
4) Kryptonite: Kryptonite has always been seen as a substance which makes Superman weak. Its fragments of minerals from Krypton that had made its way to earth. If it’s on Krypton why doesn't it make all the Kryptonians on Krypton weak? That’s a question I have always asked. Then some people would answer that it’s radioactive or poisoned. If that is the case I want it to be explained why it’s poisoned. Typically in Superman media when he is under the red sun he loses his powers and Kryptonite makes him weak. I think that should be switched around. In MOS when Superman enters Zod’s ship which atmosphere is the same a Krypton’s he becomes weak and passes out since he has to adapt to this atmosphere that he hadn't been on in 33 years! I think that the Red Sun should have this effect on Superman too since he has to adapt to the red sun, which once he adapts to takes his powers away. Since Kryptonite is just a rock I think it should just automatically take away his powers. Leaving him as vulnerable and as powerful as a regular human.
5) Plot Summary: After the events of MOS parts of Metropolis are destroyed. Lex Luthor sees this as an opportunity to take the role as the hero of Metropolis, buy rebuilding it from the ground up. During the process of building Luthor frequently yet subtly plants the seeds of Superman being a menace to society. After rebuilding is completed Luthor runs for and is elected Mayor of Metropolis. Luthor’s first act is to get rid of Superman. He releases a series of robots and machines to stop Superman but he beats them all. John Corben was a soldier who volunteered to pilot one of these machines. He is injured severely in battle with Superman. Everything below his ribs is all gone, along with his right arm. Superman does not know that someone was piloting this machine. He flies away at the end of the battle not knowing that Corben was even in the robot. The Police find Corben, but Luthor pays them off so they give Corbens body to Luthor. Luthor releases a photo of Corbens demolished body. He tells the public that Superman did that to Corben, failing to mention Superman didn't know he was in the suit. He places Corben in a metallic suit that serves as life support. The suit also gives him enhanced strength, durability, speed, and agility. The suit is powered by a rare mineral called Kryptonite, which originates from Superman's home planet. Luthor sends Metallo out to kill Superman. Superman and Metallo begin to fight when Metallo opens up his chest to reveal the kryptonite. Superman begins to lose his power and is reduced to the power of a human. Metallo then attacks Superman who seems to be losing the fight when he manages to render Metallo unconscious by causing him to accidentally electrocute himself. Superman takes out the Kryptonite and destroys it. Superman flies away from the scene, since he hears the cops coming. The cops find Metallo conscious yet beginning to die since the suit is not functioning due to it being electrocuted. Metallo dies before they can power the suit up again. Luthor then comes out with the statement that Superman had killed John Corben (failing to mention John Corben was trying to kill him.) Superman is seen as an outlaw among Metropolitans.
So those are my main ideas for the movie. If you agree, let me know in the comments. If you disagree, let me know that too! I also would like to hear some of your ideas. Deuces!