User Lists: 0
Kaido/Big Mom >> Shanks...
Akainu/Aokiji > Blackbeard/Rayleigh...
That's what I'd change. Especially the Blackbeard and Kaido placements.
1) Good work. I always knew Momo would be powerful.
Haha yeah it's actually kinda crazy how powerful he is heck even as a kid he was able to cut Kanjuro and survive a severe beating from him. Now that he's older he's only shown greater and greater things.
2) He has amazing potential. He just needs more control and confidence.
Exactly he's already has an incredible start with pure genetics, a little bit of Devil Fruit and innate abilities.
1) No they are not similar in function. Jimbei specifcally uses water in the body of his opponent.
They are both Shockwaves one using a different medium one is air the other (in this case) water.
One using water and another using air or other methods doesn't change that it's shockwave and acts as such.
2) Shock wave is a general term. What Mihawk did to the iceberg in Marineford would also being consider DC via shock wave by defintion. It's isn't an internal attack.
Yes Shockwave is a general term to referance certain things. And no in One Piece Shockwaves and Flying Slashes/Cut attacks are two different things.
With the best example if such being CP9 has Rankyaku or tempest kick which sends out a wind slash meanwhile Rob Lucci wirh Rokugan sends out a shockwave. They are different.
3) Unless you have statement which specifcally states that Marco attack is internal attack you are practicing headcanon.
Literally said to be a shockwave are you reading ok... I've shown you this many times like are you ok, I'm genuinely concerned at this point Marco's attaxk below is a shockwave...
And shockwaves are shown as:
Like are you reading what I'm saying???
1) They're entirely different applications.
Yes I know... that's why I said this...
These are all shockwaves whether they are achieved through different ways from martial arts, tech, a devil fruit, the air, sound, the water, a technique, or otherwise they all are shockwaves nonetheless and as I have said they deal internal damage and bypass conventional defense (they can even harm Luffy through his Rubber Body's like immunity to bluntforce).
But then as I said coming from different sources doesn't change how they are all shockwaves and act similar in function.
2) You can't compare what Killer does (which is explicitly sound waves which effects insides via the guide) and compare that to Jinbei who directly effects the water inside of opponent's body.
Yes I can they do the same thing sure they achieve them in different ways but they uses shockwaves (as in powerful vibrations)
3) Rob Lucci's move is explicitly stated to work like the Impact Dial which is different then both Jinbei and Killer. Sai's move is directly state to be unlockable and happens to produce shock wave that reaches the inside. Producing shock waves doesn't automatically put every attack which produces "shock waves" in the same category.
I know this and yes you can put them in the same category oh and Sai (Hassoken: Eight Impact Fist), Rob Lucci (Like an Impact Dial) and Skypeia Tech (Impact Dial or a Reject Dial) they all act the same and are basically verbatim the same.
4) There is no basis for WB and Marco having internal attacks via shockwaves other then headcanon.
Yeah sooo head canon... bruh literally called shockwaves...
And as I have shown repeatedly through out Shockwaves deal internal damage and bypass conventional defenses.
5) WB should have interal damage via Advanced Haki but other then that, no. His vibrations which prevent Aokiji's ice from freezing him is an entirely different application.
Whitebeard's power at it's base is literally powerful vibrations... that's how he does his moves and why Aokiji says that he can't freeze vibrations since technically Whitebeard is a "vibration" human...
6) Someone like Sai would obviously not break free from Aokiji's ice in the same manner.
Yeah cause he's not strong enough and/or can't just spawn vivarations all over his body like Whitebeard... but that doesn't change that they use Shockwaves one way or another...
PS: Shockwaves can be made from Soundwaves, can use water as a medium, etc... like dude I don't know what your arguing against at this point... I already addressed like all of your concerns in the original post and now this one aswell... Shockwaves are what they are and these guys use them...
1) This isn’t literally true though is it?
No, it's true.
2) For the most part sure but Luffy beat Hody in base and only used G2 once, he didn’t go G4 off the bat against Doflamingo, he didn’t go G4 off the bat against Katakuri, he didn’t even go G4 to start with against Kaido on Wano. These are all narrative reasons but it’s still there nonetheless.
Not the same thing.
Being all out/serious doesn't mean you go to your strongest forms off bat all it means is that when you do something you do so seriously/all out and that you don't pull your pumches.
First example: Kaido vs Yamato. It is repeatedly said by both Kaido and Yamato that Kaido isn't holding back and is serious... yet we know he had stronger forms and could go stronger.
This is exactly the type of thing I'm talking about. You can serious/going all out/not holding back but still have something else up your sleeve (stronger forms, etc).
Or think of the Egghead running as an example:
We know that Luffy gave his all running around Egghead... does that mean he went G5 to circumvent Egghead's lab, no of course not.
But what it does mean is that when he did that action he didn't hold bbacksame goes for other actions whether that be a punch, a kick, or him running whatever he does he doesn't pull his punches.
Or we can go for a real life example imagine your playing some FPS and you have a secondary and a primary weapon... and in this FPS game your playing competitively just becuase say you use the secondary weapon that doesn't make you while using that secondary weapon suddenly not in it to win it and not serious about winning all ir means is that you haven't unveiled your full capabilities.
You get what I'm saying?
In short serious/all out/not holding back/etc =/= use strongest form off bat. All it means is that you aren't pulling your punches now this is not to say people who are serious can't go use their strongest forms or what not all it means is that for what they do actually do they do so without ulling their punches.
It's not finsihed XD.
Will be done hopefully soon though!
1) Ehh, goodluck with that ig. though I may have some disagreements in this blog unlike the others, I'll see where this goes.
I also hope that this will be entirely reformatted in due time.
@mangacomics69: Yep it came from a debate... just look at the title it literally says it needs reformatting/editing XD.
Like half my blogs are pending and unfinished and usually come from some long form response to someone else to which I then try to translate into a blog... though most just get put on the backburner... I do this as it's just soooooo much easier to reference a blog then it is to look up my old arguments and such to redebate the subject with someone else as to keep self consistency.
1) I didn't get a notification for your tag for some reason.
Yeah that's been happening alot from what I've seen so you aren't the only one in facf I am not getting notifications either.
You can use those if you want but at the end of the day there are multiple different interpretations. I personally don't view outdated vivre cards as reliable source for misinfo and mistranslations in the past but you are more then welcome to. Sure.
2) "I think Mihawk > Shanks." Your Response: Keyword. You "think"
I said I "think" since... that's how I write... I use "like," "essentially," "think," "etc" and more since I leave things up for readers to determine themselves since I can't be an authority on the subject only Oda can via SBS, Interviews and such can. And me saying "think" doesn't dimish the points and evidence I brought forth so... why did you bring it up? It's rather irrelevant... as it isn't some gotcha moment...
3) He "could" be stronger but again we don't know this yet and Shanks still undeniably has better showings off higher tier characters such as Akainu and Greenbull as of January 2023.
Sure but then that goes back to my original point of just becuase one lacks the nessessary feats for you to put them on that level that doesn't mean they aren't superior to others who have more feats it just means they have less feats nothing more nothing less.
And honestly I don't think there is so much of a "could be stronger" thing between Mihawk and Shanks... if anything Mihawk is kinda just better... Shanks grew notoriety not becuase of his own exploits but all we hear is how he dulles Mihawk to which he grew popular.
Mihawk also certainly doesn't look at Shanks the same since he is looking for someone STRONGER than Shanks his rival to fight... Mihawk also holds the "World's Strongest Swordsmen" and Shanks is a swordsmen being someone who never won against Mihawk as Mihawk is the holder of the title not Shanks... Mihawk has a Blackblade of which only he and Ryuma the Sword God are only known to have and Shanks doesn't... Mihawl is outright stated to have better swordsmenship and we know swordsmen ship in One Piece is also intrinsically linked with haki usage (coating blades with haki, Blackblades, etc)... And there's plenty more I could and kinda have already gone into.
So yeah I do "think" Mihawk > Shanks in the same way Oda also "thinks" Mihawk is the strongest swordsmen... not to say I'm Oda but it's just from what Oda has shown us I don't see why saying Mihawk > Shanks would be considered outlandish.
EDIT: A bit of grammar fixing.
Use your keyboard!
Log in to comment