By Jokergeist 3 Comments
Welcome to the exclusive "April Fools Day" special installment of the Clown Respect Circus. Today is the holiday of practical jokes and hoaxes, and what better way to celebrate than with The Mask? Pity whoever finds this ancient mask, for whoever puts it on will gain reality-bending powers (such as superspeed, strength, and invincibility), but at the cost of their self control and sanity. The mask will bypass the wearer's psychological inhibitions and turn him completely insane!
For further inquiry, here's how The Mask works as put into words within the series:
Understand? .....no? Me neither. Moving on!
I.) Durability / Healing Factor
The Mask's most impressive ability is his outrageous healing factor and physical imperviousness to any sort of damage (...besides that one time when he got sick with a cold). He is literally invincible and can regenerate from anything.
- Here the Mask is first experimenting with the limits of his seemingly endless durability. He starts by bonking himself on the head with a hammer, which has no effect. He then takes a pistol and shoots a hole right through his hand (it painlessly heals). Finally, he confronts the police and tanks their gunfire effortlessly.
- He gets slammed on the ground, gets up, and takes a gunshot right to the face! He shrugs it off and complains that his suit got messed up.
- Gets blasted by gunfire from behind AND from the front.
- Gets blasted by a ridiculous amount of attacks from all kinds of weaponry coming from all directions. It's ridiculous!!
- More ridiculousness— this time with alien creatures.
- Gets impaled in the chest by two swords. No biggie.
- Not even complete decapitation will leave a scratch.
- More decapitation.
- The Mask tanks a thrown hand-grenade.
- As strong and mighty as Lobo is, he can't even begin to harm The Mask! Whether it be decapitation, hack-and-slash, brute force, explosives— nothing.
- The Mask and Lobo survive an explosion at ground zero that destroyed an entire solar system.
- Even if The Mask is vaporized, he can exist as a ghost just for fun. And return to normal whenever he decides to.
- As you can see, after this massive explosion, the Mask’s healing factor is significantly better than Lobo's because he doesn't have to wait for his body to regrow— Instead, he can instantly revert back to normal as he pleases! ((Lobo can suck it))
- Another showing of his insane healing factor: In one panel the Mask has all of his limbs ripped off, then in the next *POOF!* —back to normal.
- Poison does nothing either.
Another power the mask grants its wearer is the ability to move at cartoonishly fast speeds. He kinda travels in a similar way to The Flash by propelling himself to tornado speed.
- The Mask mimics the speed of Jay Garrick.
- Circles the earth several times in an instant.
- Moves from the ground, to the top of a building incredibly fast.
- Dodges gunfire at point-blank range. Just because he can.
- Effortlessly dodges and wears out a thug trying to hit him.
- Speedblitz'es a couple of crooks.
III.) 'Ex Nihilo' Object Manifestation
Ex Nihilo is a Latin phrase meaning "out of nothing". It often appears in conjunction with the concept of creation, as in creatio ex nihilo, meaning "creation out of nothing"— and the Mask has the ability to do exactly that: pull out weapons and other objects out of thin air.
- Here's the famous scene in which the Mask demonstrates how to use balloon sculpting to make a Tommy Gun.
- Creates a crazy triple gatling gun weapon and another crazy multi-weapon machine gun.
- Another crazy multi-weapon gun thingy of guns.
- Pulls out a rocket launcher.
- And here's a 50 Megaton atomic bomb.
- The Mask pulls a fresh round bomb out of his pocket.
- Does it again, to the Grifter.
- Pulls out a few sticks of dynamite.
- Another stick of dynamite.
- Creates a bomb that blows up a street.
- Conjures a bomb and a small mallet.
- Creates a bigger mallet.
- And here's a giant mace.
- Pulls out a seemingly indestructible battle-axe from his jacket.
- A jackhammer.
- Hell, the Mask can even manifest a stampeding horde of random animals to use as his own personal 'Tune-Crew'.
- ...or bees and bloodhounds.
- A motorcycle. Which he turns into a monster truck.
- A personal helicopter cap in likeliness of Inspector Gadget.
- A giant red magnet strong enough to wreck a police department.
- An ejector seat.
- A tank.
- A chariot.
- A space ship, plus a ray gun as an added bonus.
- The Mask vs an alien mutant invader. A perfect example to The Mask's near-omnipotent powers is when he shapeshifts his head/mouth to giantic sizes and literally eats the entire mutant hulk.
- The Mask vs Blackbeard the pirate ghost. He simply vacuums him up, uigi-style.
- The Mask vs a powerful voodoo priest. The priest thinks his black magic is enough to beat the Mask, but gets toyed with throughout the entire fight.
- The Mask vs Lobo. The Mask's near-omnipotence and toonforce gives him the edge over the universe's greatest bounty hunter.
- The Mask vs a crowd of people holding guns. He literally plows straight through them.
- The Mask vs large men in suits. He beats them while reading a book.
- The Mask vs this random guy.
V.) Looney Miscellaneous
The Mask also comes with an assortment of unpredictable and wacky abilities, such as shape-shifting and power-mimicry. He can do pretty much whatever his imagination limits him to.
- Disguised as a medic to freak out the patient.
- Disguised as a business man.
- The mask changes his form a couple of times.
- He shuffles through multiple bizarre forms during casino night.
- Transforms into a giant King Kong-sized ape.
- The Joker, who has stolen the Mask, cannot decide which form to keep! Joker II? Joker Classic? Cyborg Joker? Normal?
- A-ha! Why not take upon the form of "Super Joker"! The Mask manifests superpowers akin to those of Superman, displaying his power-mimicry ability.
- Tired of Superman? Watch as he mimics the form of ICON instead.
- Mimics the Flash.
- The Mask can apparently time-travel?
- He can use a puddle of water as a teleportation portal warp-zone to a different location.
- He can summon tiny Mask avatars to take down a giant monster.
- This is how the wearer of the Mask perceives the world.
- The Mask cannot be removed from its wearer by force, unless he allows it to be removed by his own will.