By Green_SentinelX 0 Comments
Real Name: Jessica Jordan
Current Alias: Green Sentinel
Occupation: Scientist and Super-Hero
Base Of Operations: New York City
Affiliation: The Green Sentinel Corps
Citizenship: United States Citizen
Place of Birth: New York City
Education: College with a PhD
Marital Status: Single
Relatives: None known at this time
Weight: 130 lbs
Eyes: Brown. Sometimes they glow white when she is Green Sentinel
Hair: Black. Sometimes she dyes it dark brown, depending on her mood.
Physical Form: Beautiful, athletic and well toned muscle. When Jessica becomes Green Sentinel, she uses the ring to change her facial features in order to disguise her identity.
Race: Human (Mexican)
Created by: ParagonxXx
Intelligence: 6): Super-Genius
Durability: 7): Super-Human. Jessica's force field is powerful enough to barely protect her from a 40 megaton nuclear explosion.
Strength: 2): Normal, able to lift own body weight. Jessica can use the ring to increase her strength to enable her to break steel chains and to throw almost a thousand pounds over her head.
Speed: 7): Warp speed; Transcending lightspeed. However, Jessica usually limits herself to Mach 50 while in a planetary atmosphere due to the potential damage she could cause if she flew faster.
Agility: 3): Athlete; Above average.
Stamina: 3): Above Average; Able to sustain peak exertion, non-stop, for 1 hour.
Energy Projection: 6): Able to discharge multiple forms of energy.
Fighting Ability: 4): Experienced fighter.
Mental Power: 2): Latent and Untrained.
POWERS & ABILITIES Of THE POWER RING
Jessica does not have any super powers, but instead relies on a Power Ring. The ring uses Hard Light energy (supplied by a Power Battery) which in most cases takes the form of green light. Jessica’s power ring is considered to be the most powerful weapon in the universe. It has the ability to affect and use the fundamental forces of the known universe, including gravity, radiation, heat, light and blasts of concussive force. It is also theorized that the ring also has a basis in other dimensional energies commonly called magic by users of such energies. The ring can also create fields of force formed from an unknown energy that is bound by the users' will. The limitations of such use are the skill, knowledge and imagination of the user.
[Defensive Capabilities]: The ring has a number of capabilities used for defense, which include the following:
- Energy Absorption: The ring can absorb and store most other energies. Doing so does NOT replenish the normal store of energy the ring has. A ring that needs recharging but contained a store of electricity could only discharge that electricity, for example.
- Force Field: The ring can create various force fields of various sizes and shapes to protect Jessica and others around her. With the cosmic scope of a Green Sentinel's duties, it is only natural that the power ring is designed for operation in space. The ring creates a force field around Jessica, protecting her from the hazards of the void including filtration of stellar radiation and microscopic particulate matter which would ordinarily be fatal should the space debris strike Jessica at high speeds. An atmosphere appropriate to Jessica's biology is created inside the force field, body temperature is maintained and waste products are removed. Gravitational stresses which could cause injury are stabilized for Jessica. The only exception to force fields were attacks based on the color yellow. The newer version of the ring is not limited by the color yellow as long as Jessica can overcome her fears. As an added safety feature, Jessica’s ring automatically protects her from harm even when she is not aware of any danger to herself. If the ring is low on energy, then this feature can only activate once in order to save Jessica’s life.
- Invisibility: Jessica can render herself invisible by willing the ring to bend the light waves around her form, as well as that of the power ring.
- Limited Cellular Regeneration: The power ring has a limited ability to heal physical injuries which seems to be a feature held over from the previous incarnations of the ring. Jessica can use the ring to repair minor injuries in herself or others.
- Phasing: The Power Ring allows Jessica to pass through certain solid objects, such as walls. Which objects that are not penetrable are not known, but it may depend upon the strength of Jessica's willpower and the density of the object's molecular structure. It has also been cited that Jessica could pass through the fourth dimensional gap or dissemble her own molecular structure.
- Shape-Shifter: The ring allows Jessica to alter her form into whatever she desires, but only those of organic life. She is unable to transform into anything that is not alive (i.e. A chair for instance).
[Emergency Features & Security Measures]: The ring has a number of features programmed into it in case of emergencies or to provide extra security.
- Compassion Absorption: Similar to other Sentinels natural "purge" of certain Power Rings, the Green Sentinel Power Ring has the ability to absorb energy of Indigo Sentinels. This is made possible by their natural weakness found in Will Subversion.
- Emergency Beacon: If Jessica finds herself in distress, she can use her power ring as an emergency beacon. The alert can be directed to a Green Sentinel's neighboring sector or it can be a Corps-wide alert.
- Homing Beacon: A homing beacon in the power ring can lead one Green Sentinel to another. This was one of the recent power ring upgrade features added by the Guardians. The power ring can be ordered to disguise itself to elude power ring wielding trackers. Most often ring wielders will allow the beacon to signal their location to others.
- Preset Conditions: Commands can be stored in the ring to be executed at a later date, even if Jessica is not wearing the ring.
- Security Protocol: The ring can be programmed. Jessica’s ring is coded to her to make it unusable if stolen. Formerly, the ring would refuse to take an action that would kill a being unless Jessica had permission. The Guardians recently removed the lethal force prohibition, first to allow lethal force against Sinestra, then against all enemies of the Green Sentinel Corps.
[Offensive Capabilities]: The ring has a number of capabilities that are used for attack, which include the following:
- Energy Constructs: The ring can form constructs of hard light energy. The primary function of the Power Ring is to provide a weapon capable of transforming Jessica's thoughts into physical constructs through the strength of her willpower. Jessica can create any particular items or construct that she can imagine as long as she has the willpower necessary to will it into existence. The constructs are made out of green energy, which is a tangible form of pure willpower, and they exist only as long as Green Sentinel is fueling it with her willpower. Items created by the ring are not indestructible and are only as powerful as the willpower of the Green Sentinel creating them. The types of constructs usually reflects the ring wearer's personality and Jessica generally uses fanciful constructs in the shape of advanced technology. Presumably, a much deeper concentration allows Jessica to create objects of colors other than green. It can be assumed that Jessica would not risk the extra time and effort to create other colors in a combat situation, however.
- Energy Projection: The ring can be used to fire blasts of green energy or create weapons such as projectiles of them. The ring can project beams of force powered by the will of Jessica. Their appearance does not indicate the power of the weapon, however. The weapons power is more an indication of the will of Jessica. Certain users (i.e. Jessica Jordan) have been powerful enough to stagger even the most powerful of super beings. If Jessica wishes, she can alter the form of the blasts.
[Scanning & Sensors]: The ring possesses a number of scanning capabilities, which include the following:
- Electromagnetic Scanning: The ring has a wide range of detection abilities based on the imagination of the user. If Jessica can conceive of it, she can probably detect it. Magical effects like clairvoyance, seem to be beyond the scope of the ring. Most normal electromagnetic phenomena are within the range of the ring, including radio, television, infrared, ultraviolet and high frequency band communications.
- Search Probes: Jessica is capable of sending probes through her Power Ring that are tasked with locating specific targets or individuals.
[Other Features]: The ring has other features that are useful to Jessica’s duties as a Green Sentinel.
- Artificial Intelligence: Every ring has a connection to the Main Battery on Mogu, which taps into an artificial intelligence. It acts as an on-board computer, telling Jessica what she needs to know. It can either respond out loud or silently directly to Jessica's mind. The A.I. contains a large database of information that may be crucial to Jessica's success. When the bearer of a Green Sentinel ring dies, the ring will seek out a suitable replacement for their sector. The A.I. can also alert Jessica of incoming threats or attempts to manipulate her constructs by an outside party.
- Energy Twin: The power ring allows Jessica to create an "energy twin" of herself that can travel at far greater speeds than that of the ring wielder's physical form. While the energy twin is active Jessica remains motionless because her life force is needed to guide the energy twin. The energy twin can not alter it’s surroundings and may only be perceived by others as a green, ghostlike image. Any knowledge gained by the energy twin is transferred back to Jessica's physical form upon recontact with the body. As a rule, Jessica can not create actual, independent duplicates of herself, as the power ring cannot create life.
- Enhance Attributes: Using the ring, Jessica can temporarily enhance her own physical strength by using the power of her will to channel it into her limbs.
- Environmental Playback: Upon request, the power ring can recreate a holographic environment based on data in it’s memory banks. Jessica can observe events in a ghostlike state, but she cannot alter the outcome of the playback. All objects in the playback will appear in the full spectrum of colors, regardless of her level of expertise creating simulacrums. The power ring will automatically end the playback if outside interference warrants Jessica's undivided attention.
- Flight: By the manipulation of anti-gravitons and directed molecular movement, the ring allows Jessica to fly at incredible speeds. In an atmosphere, Green Sentinel has been known to fly as fast as Mach 50, or more, by creating an aerodynamic envelope around her body. In atmospheres, air friction is not a hindrance, since heat is either absorbed or reflected by the ring's field. In space, Green Sentinel's speed can be significantly greater and has been known to approach 80% of lightspeed in normal space. However, flight is possible at velocities exceeding light speed.
- Galactic Encyclopedia: The power ring functions as a reference for their users. Having the vast knowledge of the Sentinels of Light to draw upon, each ring functions as a ready reference on most peoples, stellar events and conditions that may have been seen by other rings or other Green Sentinels. The rings also serve as a repository of adventures had by the Green Sentinel and these mission reports are stored in the Prime Battery on Mogu for review and training.
- Hope Symbiosis: When in the presence of a Blue Sentinel Power Ring, a Green Sentinel Power Ring gains a power boost, as well as allowing the Blue Sentinel to fully utilize his or her powers.
- Material Alteration: Jessica's uniform is not made out of fabric. It is created by the Power Ring whenever she wills to wear it. It automatically appears over her normal clothing and vanishes when Jessica wills to return to her civilian attire. Most Green Sentinel’s wear similar uniforms that are programmed into the ring by default. However, each Green Sentinel is able to adjust their uniform to fit their own needs, personalities and whims. The uniform also produces a "siren" taking on the form of the Green Sentinel Corps' symbol, circling the Green Sentinel when active. The symbol, or badge, will not appear on the uniform until after a newly inducted Sentinel has completed training on Mogu, leading to the term "White-circle" to describe a rookie Green Sentinel.
- Mind Alteration: Though the ethics of mind tampering may be debatable, sometimes it is necessary. As the power ring relies on thought and will to operate so mind tampering is not impossible. The difficulty lies in properly applying the power. There lies a risk of catastrophic damage to the mind should mistakes be made. Jessica can use the power ring to erase portions of an individual's memories. Jessica has used mind techniques as part of training. As part of her training, Jessica was taught how to build mental defenses to protect herself from psionic attack. The power ring can also be used to beam information from the ring wielder to another being. Green Sentinel’s have used this technique to share information regarding their enemies during combat situations.
- Pocket Dimension: Within the ring exists the possibility of an entire world. This undefined space may be a tesseract or a virtual reality created by the power ring. Whether or not this area exists in all rings has yet to be proven. The power ring's interior appears as a barren wasteland, dotted with dead trees and sea shells.
- Ring Duplication: Most Power Rings are capable of automatically duplicating themselves. Each duplicate typically shares the qualities and capabilities of the original ring. Each duplicate still requires to be recharged by a personal power battery. Some "temporary" rings can also be made, as well as rings with severe limitations and pre-programmed commands. All power rings, as being based upon the green ring templates created by the Guardians of the Universe, are all programmed to be able to duplicate themselves on a specialized command known apparently only by the Guardians.
- Self Sustenance: So long as the ring holds a charge, Jessica does not need to eat or drink as the ring provides all the nutrients her body needs.
- Thought Relay: Otherwise known as a telepathic link between Jessica and other ring users.
- Universal Translator: The power ring can translate virtually any language in the universe, facilitating diplomatic encounters rather than violent confrontations. Complications can arise, though, when a frame of reference for translation is not available. However, the rings have proven to have difficulty translating profanity.
- Wormholes & Spacial Warps: The power ring grants Jessica access to wormholes in space, enabling her to rapidly cut time and distance needed for transport. The Guardians of the Universe established at least one known wormhole to their planet, which required the use of a power ring to enter. The power ring cannot generate a Boom Tube, as it needs a Mother Box and a sample of the highly unstable X-Element. There is no known way to duplicate either item, even with the power ring.
WEAKNESSES & LIMITATIONS
Mental Instability: Drug use, neural interference, vertigo or other forms of mental incapacitation can render Jessica unable to use her ring.
Recharge Protocol: Jessica’s current ring is akin to a gas tank. The more energy the ring uses, the more energy expended and the less energy a ring uses, the less energy expended. And if Jessica does not use the ring at all, then no energy is expended. Even while constantly using the ring, the charge in Jessica’s power ring can last up to 72hrs.
SKILLS & OTHER ABILITIES
Experienced Fighter: Although Jessica is not a master at hand-to-hand combat, she is an incredibly skilled fighter. Using complex math computations, she can calculate the odds of her opponent performing certain actions in a combat situation and use those actions against her opponent in order to defeat them (i.e. Think Robert Downey Jr. in his Sherlock Holmes Movies).
Genius & Inventor: Jessica is a genius, having gained a PhD at only 18 years of age. She has a great understanding of a number of sciences, including Biology, Robotics, Engineering, Math, Physics and several others. Using her genius, Jessica can invent and build amazing technology way ahead of it’s time.
Languages: Jessica can speak fluent English and Spanish.
Piloting & Driving Skills: Drive Motorcycle & Race Car (96%), Navigation (98%), Pilot Jet Pack (88%), Weapon Systems (91%).
Other Skills: Advanced Mathematics (98%), Athletics (General: 55%), Analyze & Operate Devices (98%), Art (86%), Anthropology (71%), Astrophysics (86%), Biology (81%), Build/Modify Armor (98%), Chemistry: Analytical (86%), Chemistry (91%), Climbing (65%), Communications: Electronic & Countermeasures (98%), Computer Operation (98%), Computer Programming (81%), Computer Repair (76%), Electrical Engineer (86%), Intelligence (78%), Mechanical Engineer (81%), Paramedic (91%), Prowl (50%), Radio Basic (98%), Read Sensory Instruments (91%), Research (98%), Robot Mechanics (86%), Running & Swimming (75%), Weapons Engineer (76%).
Power Ring & Power Battery: The Green Sentinel Power Batteries were created by the Guardians of the Universe during the time that they sought to impose order on a chaotic cosmos. Thus, they created the Power Battery which served as an energy conduit to the Main Green Sentinel Power Battery on Mogu. Their first servants were the Manhunters; androids that used Power Batteries to charge their bodies. When the Manhunters rebelled, the Power Batteries were stripped from them. Eventually, the Power Battery became a common equipment among the Green Sentinel Corps and were used to charge the Green Sentinel Power Rings.
Jessica is never without her Power Ring and she stores her Power Battery in a pocket of sub-space so she can summon it anywhere at anytime just in case she needs to recharge her ring.
At five years old, Jessica had finished reading Moby Dick for the second time. At ten, she had designed a home-grown portable computer. At 15, she graduated from High School and was accepted at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she excelled and graduated three years later. Although the prospect of becoming insanely rich through her inventions appealed to her, the allure of becoming a brightly clad costumed hero was ten times stronger. In large part Jessica wanted to become a hero for the thrill of fighting crime and the chance to rub elbows with the heroes she looked up to for most of her life. But Jessica also wanted to enter this extremely hazardous line of work so she could become a positive role model for fellow mexicans. Jessica figured if people like herself could be encouraged to emulate her, then maybe she could make a difference on the streets in more ways than one.
For the next two years, Jessica worked and trained intensively to develop her physical skills and invent an arsenal of crime fighting tools and gimmicks. On the streets of New York City, she fought crime in order to make a name for herself. Surprisingly, Jessica did well for someone so young, taking out several gangs of punks by herself. By then, Apex had noticed her and decided to take her under his wing. When Paragon was accused of a crime she did not commit, Jessica had the opportunity to save the hero’s life. She did so without a second thought, even though Jessica could have died in the process. As a result, a Green Sentinel Power Ring chose her as it’s bearer because she had shown the ability to overcome great fear. At long last, Jessica had achieved her life-long dream of serving society as a hero.
Jessica spends a lot of her time working as a scientist, developing new weapons and technology. But as Green Sentinel, she patrols the streets of New York City with a tireless zeal unmatched by most heroes. Jessica is a bright eyed and couragous young woman with an athletic build. Most other heroes might view her as a niave young hero with a lot to learn. And they are right, but Jessica knows of her shortcomings and seeks to fix that through hard work and experience. It remains to be seen how Jessica would react if she experienced something truly traumatic. If and when that day comes, it could either break her forever or make her stronger. Only time will tell...