@kroczilla: Your arguments are not convincing and the scans you posted hardly support your head canon. I I don't really feel like explaining why again these just don't hold up. Lastly, stop asking me to re-read one piece when clearly, you are the one who cant seem to separate fact from your own bias.
1) page one transformed into his hybrid mode (The strongest zoan form) and proceeded to cook his arm in COA hardening. That's seems like he was pretty serious.
2) still doesn't change the fact that zoro hasn't shown anything that would (in your words) put him far above a younko executive. The only younko executive he's ever faced was hawkins and he needed stitches after.
3) I'm guessing you need to re read the luffy vs katakuri fight. Luffy ran away at first but when he came back to resume the fight spent hours getting smacked around by katakuri but refused to go down.
And as I pointed out, sanji was holding back against luffy as per luffy's statement, he could definitely have hit harder.
As I said, we will have to wait and see if that attack was the extent of Page one's strength. You may think it is but I think he has way more to show.I am sure Sanji does too but lets not pretend like he didn't straight up ragdoll Sanji in the process.
You are oversimplifying the fight between Zoro and hawkins. How many LIVES did Hawkins lose in that short period? 2 or 3? I lost count...
Luffy was using haki to defend against Katakuri which is why he ran from him when it ran out. He had to do the same against Mingo. I didnt realize there was confusion around this fact. When did Luffy say Sanji was holding back? I remember Luffy Saying that Sanji didnt mean what he said about being a low class pirate but I dont remember him saying Sanji was holding back. Do you have a scan of this?
1) sanji quite literally stood still and took page one's hit head on. It's obvious he was trying to test the suit as he even comments on its sturdiness. It's quite clear he isn't putting anything close to his all.
2) "A blood lusted Zoro would by far be the toughest opponent Sanji has ever faced in all categories."
Doflamingo says hi. And if you honestly think zoro (at this point in the story) is significantly above the likes of daifuku, oven and (yes) vergo, then I've got a bridge to sell you.
The closest sanji has gotten to a real fight was against doffy (who would butcher zoro, let's be honest) and Judge (in which sanji clearly wasn't going all out and judge cheated to "win").
3) "mountain sized slashes" are still slashes and can be dodged.
And I've got to say, this poor argument of sanji struggling to KO base luffy is getting really old. By your logic, I guess zoro wouldn't have much to worry about from katakuri.
Fact; in terms of durability and resilience,only g4 offers luffy a significant (if any) boost.
Not to mention it was strongly implied that sanji held back at first as Iirc even luffy stated that sanji kept hitting harder and harder.
1. Was page one putting anything significant into that attack? We will have to wait and see. Sanji wasnt hurt but Zoro has better feats anyway. I also wouldn't go so far as to say that Sanji was testing the suit. its clear he isnt used to it.
2. I was kinda referring to people that Sanji had a chance at defeating. Doflmaingo isn't one of them clearly.
3. I doesn't matter how you personally feel. Its true. whats worst is that its consistent with his other showings so far.
also luffy ran from Kuri when he ran out of haki. in other words its was necessary to have haki to defend against his attacks.
@enemybird: well... you're correct in giving due pause. I don't think sanji wins. I don't think's there's enough evidence on either side to make a case for one or the other winning or losing.. I definitely don't think zoro wins either. My only point being that zoro doesn't have the showings to really tag a guy like sanji consistently(or much at all, if ever unless by a lucky shot), nor the durability feats for us to know how much it would take for sanji to ko zoro. I do think sanji has a clear cut showing of destructive capability, and durability showcasing enough to know zoro would cripple/potentially 1 shot sanji.
The only point you would have to prove is he has a high chance of tagging sanji and I'll concede my argument.
I dont really see a difference between saying Zoro wins vs saying Zoro is more likely to win. If I had to choose between the two....looking at both of their showings specifically in the new world, I don't see how you would say Sanji has a better chance of winning than Zoro. There is a lot of mystery around the full potential of the raid suit but as of this moment its "still Zoro."
1. Sanji hasn't even mastered the raid suit yet. I don't see how you can paint a picture of Sanji being able to stay invisible and strategically avoid all of Zoro's attacks when in his first showing, he was sent flying by page one. If Sanji was that untouchable he wouldn't have gotten thrashed in his first showing.
2. The burden of proof is really on Sanji. A blood lusted Zoro would by far be the toughest opponent Sanji has ever faced in all categories. Sanji has legitimately struggled to defeat everyone in the new world except bobbin and sheapshead. The fact that you think he has to stay invisible to have a chance speaks to his disadvantage.
3. Because Zoro is bloodlusted. he will be able to spam large perhaps even mountain level slashes if he even hears anything coming his way. If Sanji uses diable jambe, he will become visible. Without it, I doubt Zoro has anything to worry about as he was hardly able to KO base Luffy.
@enemybird: no. Just that's it's not a clean cut "Zoro wins". And that Sanji isn't being given more credit than deserved. There's not even a single response in this thread that mentions Sanji winning outright. And sanji isn't just faster than zoro... he has better precog and can turn invisible. Zoro would have a rough time tagging Sanji at all... and sanji should be able to tag him all day. It just depends on if he has the attack potency to put him down before zoro gets a lucky shot in to completely turn the tides
Before I reply. I just want to make sure you have the opinion that Sanji wins. I dont want make this huge case for Zoro just for you to say that you never said Sanji wins.