By deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e 29 Comments
Respect Rai X
Rai, otherwise known as Rai X, is the 10th Rai to be created by the Artificial Intelligence Father, the virtually omnipotent ruler of New Japan in 4001AD. Rai, unlike some of his synthetic predecessors, is the product of a perfect synthesis between human biology and cybernetic "Livewire." He was born to be the Guardian Spirit of New Japan and now serves as the Shepherd of the New Japanese people.
[SPOILERS] Read his handbook entries from 2015, 2016 and 2019 here. [SPOILERS]
Rai has a special connection to New Japan which allows him to transmigrate to anywhere in New Japan's Livewire network instantly, as well as recover from total obliteration by drawing on additional Livewire, but considering the circumstantial nature of these abilities this thread will focus on Rai's prowess independent of being on New Japan.
Table of Contents
- Physical Abilities
- Endurance, Healing and Willpower
- Fighting Skills
- Miscellaneous Powers
- Leaps over a large wall. -Rai #2
- Another huge leap. -Rai #2
- Agility while cutting down fodder. -Rai #3
- Leaps between high speed hovercars while dodging bullets and rockets. -Rai #4
- Jumps down a mountain range. -Rai #4
- Aboto, the ninth Rai, leaps a giant distance and crashes through a wall. -Rai #15
- Tanks a point-blank explosion. -Rai #1
- Tanks being punched through 2555 sectors and out of the bottom of New Japan into the vacuum of space with no sign of damage. He also appears to have grabbed a metal cable which stopped his momentum without his arm being ripped off. -Rai #1-2
- Each sector of Japan is fairly large and has a distinct altitude and habitat. If you walked from the bottom of Japan to the top without any breaks it would take "at least a month", from Lula's perspective who does not know exactly how far up New Japan goes. To her, 20 sectors away is a 3-day journey using futuristic transport and with breaks. -Rai #1
- Tanks being hit by a high-speed hovercraft with no sign of pain or damage. -Rai #3
- The same hovercraft travel not much slower than the rockets they fire. -Rai #3
- Spylocke believed it was necessary to use an explosive, Livewire-infused incendiary sniper rifle bullet to destroy Rai. The same bullet was able to level a building. -Rai #4
- Tanks numerous blows from X-Eye with little to no damage. He also tanks crashing through over 3000 sectors of New Japan, which houses 500 million people. He then tanks being thrown from New Japan to earth. New Japan is 300 miles above earth. Rai essentially tanked atmospheric re-entry at terminal velocity. -Rai #8
- As is noted by Silk, this is not the first time a Rai has been thrown down to earth in this manner. We know that Rai VIII survived the same fate. -Rai #8
- Raijin, the first Rai created in the year 3000, endures a savage beating before being dropped to Earth from New Japan... and survived, still living 1000 years later. -Rai #13 & Fallen World #1
- Aboto, the ninth Rai, pretty much shrugged off being thrown down to Earth and went on a killing rampage soon after. -Rai #15
- Sai, one of the Rais, survived re-entry with little damage. -Rai #15
- Aboto chose to bind Rai with his whips and impale him on a sword... which indicates that Rai and his weapons (which are an extension of his body) are too durable for the whips to cut through, at least with any ease. These same whips easily cut through other reinforced materials (check the strength section). -Rai #16
- Tanks combined energy blasts from numerous of Father's cyber dragons. -4001 A.D. #2
Endurance, Healing and Willpower
- While drawing on New Japan, heals from being completely obliterated in moments. In a flashback he shrugs off being on fire and being shot up by a futuristic machine gun. -Rai #3
- Rai sprints for hundreds of miles through a range of harsh climates without any signs of fatigue. -Rai #4
- Rai endures being smashed through thousands of sectors of New Japan by X-Eye, and then being thrown 300 miles through space and into Earth's atmosphere, then crash landing into Earth's ocean at terminal velocity. -Rai #8
- After being eaten by a sea monster, Rai claws his way out of its stomach, before being shot up by futuristic submachine guns. -Rai #9
- Despite being weakened from all of his prior injuries and not being connected to New Japan, Rai survives all of this and is able to keep functioning, albeit now very weak. -Rai #10
- Rai regains some strength from the miracle tree on Earth. -Rai #10
- While on earth, Rai cannot heal on command. He is subject to some of the same limitations as human beings, such as needing to eat, breathe and recover. He feels that he is not as strong as he once was, but that he is replacing the strength father used to give him with something new. Note - he says that does not feel as strong in the context that he is still recovering from his injuries. -Rai #11
- Rai was partially restored and healed by the miracle tree on Earth according to the 2016 handbook.
- Rai regaining his former strength and health is corroborated by the 2019 Valiant handbook.
- Rai would regain his full strength later when he returns to New Japan, and this time retains it. -4001 A.D. #3
- Aboto endured being impaled numerous times by Father. -Rai #15
- Rai shrugs off being impaled by Aboto. -Rai #16
- Slashes in a blur faster than men can react. -Rai #1
- Sprints in a blur. -Rai #1
- Blitzes Silk's henchmen while dodging their energy blasts, in a blur. -Rai #2
- Blitzes around twenty Raddies in a blur. He does this with such speed that corpses from start to finish are only part of the way through falling apart and collapsing to the ground by the time Rai has impaled the last one. He must have killed them in something like 2-3 seconds. They are also not in a perfectly straight line, some are firing at him off to the side. -Rai #2
- Rai traverses the distance from where he started killing the aforementioned Raddies in an even faster blur in order to contain an explosion. The best way to quantify how fast he ran is to point out 1. He was faster than the aforementioned feat, and 2. he covered the distance concurrently with Spylocke breaking down a door and speaking briefly to Lula. It seems likely he covered the distance in a split second, roughly. -Rai #2
- He also traversed the distance as the bomb was detonated, so he can run faster than a detonation wire from 4001AD can trigger an explosive. -Rai #3
- Dodges machine gun bullets from futuristic hover-cars. Moves in blurs and a three-step afterimage. Dodges oncoming missiles after they were fired. -Rai #3
- Spylocke, the most advanced superspy in New Japan 4001AD, fires a bullet from a high-powered sniper rifle which is capable of levelling a building. Rai perceives the bullet as it is travelling towards him, glances towards it, comments on it, and then turns his head the other way to dodge it. He also perceives the shooter - Spylocke - from the massive distance in this short time. -Rai #3-4
- Rai sprints across a landscape that in terms of sheer size and distance is along the lines of the country of Japan, although exact figures are not given, aside from a map that conveys a landmass the size of a country, and the fact he traverses numerous different climates. He then sprints away from this secluded part of New Japan back to the connected-part. He was there and back again in under a day, meaning he likely sprinted hundreds of miles in a very short amount of time. He also used the map to locate Father's hidden access point in this time. -Rai #4
- New Japan, which this map exposed "large gaps" in, provides a home for 500 million inhabitants across roughly 4001 sectors. If Rai even covered just the perimeter/outskirts of such a landmass then again, he must have ran hundreds of miles in a matter of hours. -Rai #5
- Rai blitzes six Raddies before any of them can react. -Rai #16
- Rai blitzes X-Eye while it is directly controlled by Father's "Unbounded" Artificial Intelligence. -4001 A.D. #3
- Smashes through the screen of Silk's mecha robot. Given that Silk's robot will be more advanced than that of others which are at least bullet-proof to futuristic explosive ballistics, and this type of glass is usually reinforced against explosives (not to mention the fact this is the year 4001), it's likely that Rai kicked through something that can withstand an RPG blast. -Rai #7
- While weakened, Rai is only staggered by a direct blow from X-Eye. -Rai #8
- After regaining his strength, Rai meets X-Eye's strike head-on. X-Eye within this same battle smashed Rai through over 3000 sectors of New Japan before throwing him 300 miles through the vacuum of space... -Rai #8
- Rai in a weakened state claws his way out of the stomach of a sea monster. -Rai #9
- Aboto, the ninth Rai, sprints and crashes through a several-foot thick reinforced stone wall. -Rai #15
- Aboto after a long time is able to destroy one of the futuristic X-O Manowar mecha robots... for reference a small portion of the original X-O Manowar armor's skin was described as "near-indestructible" by the combined might of 22nd century earth's greatest minds and technology. It resisted being drilled into by an extremely powerful, futuristic, razor sharp power drill just to get a small portion of it's skin to break off... so Aboto taking large chunks off of a mecha-robot version of the same armor means he strikes with exponentially greater strength than that drill and anything else that has failed to harm the X-O Manowar armor. -Rai #15 & 4001 A.D.: X-O Manowar #1
Just to quickly lay out some durability feats for the X-O Manowar armor:
- Tanked a city-busting explosion.
- Tanked being hit by and then hoisted a meteor.
- Endured the heat of a star.
- Tanked atmospheric re-entry.
- A partial-Manowar armor walked through the 6 feet of the hardest walls known to man like it was paper, and then did the same to a quarter mile worth of bedrock.
So yeah... the overall damage output of the Rais weapons wielded with their enhanced strength is ludicrous. I'm not saying they hit with the force of atmospheric re-entry or can bust cities (obviously), but they can cause damage to an armor that can tank those kinds of attacks. Sort of like how a knife might cause more damage than a gun depending on the situation.
- Can hear beyond the range of normal human beings. -Rai #2
- Can perceive precise details from extreme distances, as he notices Spylocke trying to snipe him and comments on this. -Rai #3
Rai is a warrior of "Superlative skill", meaning "of the highest quality or degree." This comes from the 2019 Valiant Handbook, which includes entries for every noteworthy character in the Valiant universe, including Ninjak, Jonin, Undead Monk Students, Shadow Seven, the Ninja Programme, Eternal Warrior, Obadiah Archer, The Myth and Fitzhugh clones, all of whom are master-level in all known martial arts/weapons/forms of combat and/or have mystical training/abilities which takes ones fighting skill to superhuman levels.
The only other people who have received the designation of "mastery" are:
- Eternal Warrior
- Fitzhugh Clone
- The Myth
- The Jonin
Lesser fighters (like Aric, Livewire and Bloodshot) have been given designations like "advanced", "comprehensive" or "highly skilled".
Everyone so far who has been given the mastery designation is either a master of all known martial arts, weapons and ways of combat and/or been mystically trained to superhuman levels (in the case of Ninjak, Jonin, Roku and Fitz), or in Archer's case he can instantly master any martial he sees instantaneously due to his unique Psiot powers.
The Eternal Warrior regards Rai to be a "true warrior", something not many others can claim...
Rai was trained directly by Father in the ways of war, to prepare him for challenges both physical and mental.
This is important for a number of reasons, namely:
- Father could speak to Rai on a subconscious level, and given Rai's AI-enhanced memory recall, it means any martial arts knowledge given to him would be embedded on the most fundamental level.
- Father is incomprehensibly intelligent and knowledgeable due to the fact he is a 2000 year old A.I. who has access to virtually all human knowledge from the 21st century onward. He is described as being New Japan's "omnipotent, omniscient" ruler.
It seems to be the case that Father implanted the most comprehensive knowledge of martial arts, weapons use and warfare possible directly into Rai's brain and trained him from a young age to be the ultimate killing machine, hence why he has been called "a warrior of superlative skill." Given that half of what makes up Rai is extremely futuristic artificial intelligence, that will only enhance his ability to draw on his extensive martial arts knowledge.
- Rai defeats Ax. -Rai #2
- Fodderises a group of futuristic machine-gun packing hovercraft. -Rai #3
- Rai fodderises Silk's guards, including a 4001AD clone of Fitzhugh, a peak-human master of all known weapons and martial arts who shares the knowledge and skill of every prior clone for the last two thousand years. This clone is visibly far larger than previous clones so has presumably improved substantially in the last 2,000 years. -Rai #4
- Rai fights against Rai X-Eye, or the eleventh Rai. X-Eye is a fully cybernetic upgrade from Rai X. It towers over Rai X in size and strength, and can draw directly on the wellspring of Livewire that Father commands. Their battle spanned over 3000 of New Japan's distinct sectors as they crashed through the ground of each until they reached Sector 0. In addition, Rai fought the majority of this battle in a weakened state until Rai VIII returned his strength to him. Rai X is able to cut X-Eye's hand off before being thrown down to earth. -Rai #8
- Spylocke admits that he wouldn't be able to escape from Rai even if he wanted to, and that's with him being on home turf and having access to his gear. -Rai #1, #4 & #6
- Spylocke, after being extensively tortured by Father, was put into a gladiator arena with numerous giant killer robots who had built up a reputation for being the most lethal combatants in New Japan's history, with over 10,000 kills to their credit... and Spylocke defeated them with his bare hands. -Rai #9-10
- Spylocke, it's worth noting, directly descends from the Spylocke lineage started nearly two thousand years prior by none other than Ninjak. He even makes a direct reference (in the gladiator feat above) about what Ninjak said in BoD - to only rely on your mind and body, nothing else. -Book of Death: Fall of Ninjak
- Also worth noting that Spylocke literally could not do anything to X-Eye. Rai is much better than Spylocke. -Rai #12
- Rai kills a giant creature. -Rai #16
- Aboto kind of rekts of Rai... which probably isn't something I should put in this thread... but Aboto is best Rai so who cares. -Rai #16
- Rai, in his weakened state, fights off hordes of Father's cybernetic dragons alongside Eternal Warrior and Lemur. -4001 A.D #2-3
- Hundreds of these cyber dragons were shown devouring the "near-indestructible" X-O Manowar mecha just prior to turning their attention to Rai... -4001 A.D. #2
- Rai fights X-Eye while he is directly controlled by the "Unbounded Machine Intelligence" of Father. He is initially smacked down, but after seeing his friend killed, he blitzes X-Eye, cutting it into many pieces in the blink of an eye. -4001 A.D. #3
- Casually KO's an animal-human hybrid. -Fallen World #3
Rai is "the perfect blend" of humanity and artificial intelligence, half-human, half-robot.
According to Father he is the "perfect synthesis" of human DNA and his artificial intelligence. -Rai #16
- Can turn off pain receptors. -Rai #2
- Rai is partly made of Livewire, which are sub-atomic, self-aware particles. In other words, Rai is partly powered by a highly advanced, sentient futuristic Artificial Intelligence. -Rai #5
- As a tidbit, Father's control over New Japan is one resembling omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence. -Rai #5
- Positronics are infused with Livewire as well as human tissue. However, they are less advanced than any of the Rai, as they are mainly used as a slave-class and have no special enhancements beyond that of humans - they seem to derive their sentience from the Livewire's A.I. -Rai #7
- Rai has access to a memory bank which interfaces with New Japan's network, giving him instant access to pretty much any information he wants. -Rai #1
- Can "file" information away for recall at a later date, much like a computer storage device. -Rai #2
- Just by smelling his mother's perfume, he is able to recall one of his earliest memories in life as a baby about twenty years prior. Even though it is usually impossible to recall memories from that early in life, let alone remembering them through something as vague as a familiar scent. -Rai #3
- Rai commits a map showing roughly a country's worth of landmass to memory after scanning it for a couple of seconds. -Rai #4
- Rai transmits his knowledge of a country-sized map into the mind of Rai VIII in seconds. This Rai VIII is less advanced and in much poorer condition than Rai X. -Rai #8
- Rai becomes fluent in a new language after hearing it spoken for a matter of minutes. -Rai #10
- Rai can interface with and control machines. -Rai #1
- Rai transmits his knowledge of a country-sized map into the mind of Rai VIII in seconds. -Rai #8
- Rai was able to re-awaken and pilot a 22nd century X-O Manowar mecha robot. -4001 A.D. #1
- Rai can spawn weapons of his choosing using his Livewire properties. He most frequently summons a katana, which can easily cleave a futuristic hovercraft in half. -Rai #3
- In other words, he "sprouts swords" which are "like an extension of his body." -Rai #3
- Rai VIII formed a sickle on a chain. -Rai #8
- Aboto, the ninth Rai, tears apart a group of Positrons and Raddies with two large whips. -Rai #14