Name: Jason Oakley
Aliases: Pluto, Son of Jupiter
Weight: 130 lbs
Place of Birth: Whittlesey, Cambridgeshire, England
Group Affiliation: Jupiter's Rings (Heir of Jupiter)
Known Relatives: Frank Oakley (Adopted Father) Alice Oakley (Adopted Mother) Jupiter (Biological Father) Venus (Birth Mother) Hesperus (Brother) Phosphorus (Brother)
Powers: Fundamental force manipulation
Decades ago, an incredibly powerful mutant known as Jupiter began to gather a group of followers. These people, known as Jupiter's Rings, were mutant supremacists, who believed that not only were mutants superior to humans, but that they in particular were the superior mutants. Not only should mutants inherit the Earth, but the Rings should rule those mutants. Jupiter instituted a rule that members could only breed with other mutants within the group, in order to produce exponentially more powerful mutants. As the worship of his followers inflated his already massive ego, Jupiter's reasoning for this selective breeding began to shift to a more selfish ideal. He wanted an heir. For years he bred his followers in an attempt to produce a woman with a power worthy of bearing his children. Eventually he found that woman. A girl was born to one of his subjects, a remarkable girl they named Venus.
Then other stuff happened, yada yada yada, it's not important.
Jason is a mutant with the ability to manipulate the fundamental forces of nature. He doesn't yet realise the full extent of his powers, so any undiscovered applications will be covered by spoiler tags. I'm listing them here so no-one can get angry if he discovers them in the middle of a battle.
Gravitational: The first of his powers Jason discovered, it is used primarily as a form of telekinesis. He has total command of the gravitational force, though obviously the larger the mass of an object, the more difficult it is to affect its gravitational field. So manipulating the gravitational pull of planetary objects is technically possible, but incredibly difficult and would require an extraordinary amount of energy.
- Anchors - By manipulating his own personal gravity field, Jason is able to alter his gravitational centre. Essentially, instead of falling towards the ground, he can place an anchor somewhere else, like on the ceiling, and fall towards that instead. This ability is the basis for most applications of this power.
- Flight - Not so much flying as it is falling with style, Eclipse can firstly levitate by severing the hold of the Earth's gravity over his body, and secondly propel himself towards a specific point using anchors. By moving that anchor as he falls, he is able to achieve propelled flight.
- Strength - By using an anchor to add extra weight to his punches, Eclipse is able to hit a little harder than he otherwise would. It is not quite super strength, but certainly more powerful than the average person.
- Telekinesis - Manipulating the gravitational fields of inanimate objects is fairly straightforward, particularly smaller objects. Manipulating the gravitational fields of people is a little more difficult, though can be done by merely levitating a person via their shoes or some other item on their person.
Electromagnetic: The most basic manipulation of the electromagnetic force, Eclipse is able to generate, absorb and control electricity. He does not have a limited supply of electricity, though generating it requires some mental exertion and thus it is easier to simply absorb and discharge it, or manipulate already existing electricity. The greater the power, the more difficult it is to control, hence summoning a lightning bolt takes more energy than creating a spark, though it doesn't take as much energy as creating a lightning bolt. The second major application of the electromagnetic force is manipulation of magnetic fields. Like electrokinesis, this can be used on both micro and macroscopic scales. This power gives rise to many applications:
- Absorption - Able to absorb electrical energy.
- Bolts - Ability to fire electrical bolts of varying intensity.
- Charge - Able to charge conductive objects with electricity.
- Control of Electromagnetic Radiation - Able to manipulate the entire spectrum, that is: radio, microwave, infrared, visible light, ultraviolet, x-rays and gamma rays.
- Discharge - Can discharge electricity on contact.
- Electrolocation - Able to sense electrical fields in the surrounding area.
- Electromagnetic pulse - Can generate an EMP.
- Electronic disruption - Can disrupt electromagnetic signals and devices.
- Electroportation - Able to travel via electricity. By converting his body into electricity, Eclipse can travel through an electrical current and then reform himself. Can be used to travel anywhere in the world via clouds and lightning.
- Immunity - Cannot be damaged by electrical attacks.
- Levitation - Able to fly by generating a magnetic field.
- Lightning - Able to summon and manipulate lightning.
- Metal Manipulation (limited) - Able to control magnetically charged metals.
- Static - Can generate static electricity, which can be used to adhere to surfaces.
Neuron Manipulation: The human body is filled with electricity, in particular the brain. This complex organ is filled with electrical currents, which send electric impulses to command the rest of the body. By manipulating the electricity within the brain, Eclipse is able to command the bodies and minds of those around him. However this is a very precise and dangerous application and not one Jason is experienced with. Again, he is able to apply this in a few ways:
- Heightened Intelligence - By redirecting neural pathways, Jason can increase his own capacity to learn and recall information.
- Insomnia - Able to function at full capacity without sleep. By channelling electrical energy into his brain, Eclipse is able to go without sleep entirely, though this tends to lead to side effects.
- Pain Suppression - Able to dull the brain's sensation of pain.
- Telepathy (limited) - Can communicate telepathically with others. However, to create the mental link in the first place, Eclipse must make physical contact with a person, usually achieved by placing his hand against their temple. Once this link is created he can read the thoughts of another and place thoughts within their mind.
Strong and Weak Nuclear: The ability to manipulate the forces responsible for regulating atoms provides Eclipse with perhaps the most devastating and powerful uses of his abilities. The focus is particularly on particle manipulation. This is an incredibly complex and dangerous use of his powers, as one could accidentally split an atom. Theoretically, Jason could reshape matter in any way he chose, but he is not experienced enough at this. There are, however, a few specialised forms of matter manipulation he is capable of:
- Decay - Using the weak force, Jason can trigger the radioactive decay of things with a touch.
- Healing - By manipulating particles, Eclipse can encourage the body to regenerate cells.
- Melding - Able to fuse separate pieces of matter into a single piece of matter.
- Nuclear Explosions - Eclipse could potentially create a nuclear explosion.
- Radiation Resistant - Thanks to these powers combined with his electromagnetic force manipulation, Jason does not suffer any adverse effects due to radiation, such as radiation poisoning.
- Separation - Able to break bonds between particles and separate a piece of matter.